Still waiting for root device - but it's not even trying...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

NTAuthority

NTAuthority

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am trying to install 10.8.2 to this Dell Studio 1735 laptop (and yes, it has an X3100 GPU, but that's a later worry), but am getting stuck with the infamous root device loop, while booting from an install partition on the internal HDD.

Now, I am not some newbie, and therefore I have the SATA mode set to AHCI, and the ICH8M (2829?) PCI ID shown using lspci is actually in Apple's stock .plist files.

One thing I noticed, both when reading other people's logs/screenshots and the XNU source is that other people generally have 2 lines appearing above the 'root device' loop, namely 'Rooting via []' and 'From [], Waiting on <dict[]', which I do not see at all.

It also seems to take a while between the 'ACPI system state' message and the following PCI configuration messages, and USB/FireWire drivers also seem to give a 'could not get device memory' message.

I hope someone can help me with my issue, as usually my issues are way too obscure for anyone to be able to help me with them. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy