• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Blxr

Blxr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I'm trying to install OS X Lion on my PC. It's old, but I managed to get Snow Leopard on it just fine.

I pinpointed my problem to the fact I'm booting from a USB. I made a USB using another Hackintosh, and installed Chameleon on it. It gets past [PCI config begin] just fine, but it freezes at FakeSMCDevice: Successfully initialized. Turning USB 2.0 off did fix that, but is extremely slow.
I know it's not the graphics - if it was, the computer wouldn't even boot at all.
I don't have any discs on hand at the moment.
Now I'm stuck on launchctl.c:2408 bug. This happened both when I fixed FakeSMC and when I turned USB 2.0 off.

I've installed Lion, and I'm in the process of getting to the OS!

Any suggestions?

Here are my specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (if it doesn't work at all and I somehow give up, I'll just use this as I have a computer with a Pentium D that I can get rid of! They both use the LGA 775 socket. :D)
3GB RAM
250GB Hard Drive
SiS 671 chipset (People have mixed experiences with this. Some people have managed to install Lion, some haven't but I've seen more positive experiences.) I used AppleVIAATA.kext and it worked fine!
Graphics and sound I will worry about later, in fact I've seen kexts for both.
Wireless? I'm using my ol' Netgear WG111V3.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
So if it works after turning off USB 2.0 but is extremely slow, why not slowly install it to a hard drive and be done?

Blxr

Blxr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

So if it works after turning off USB 2.0 but is extremely slow, why not slowly install it to a hard drive and be done?

Impatient guy. Lol. Fixed the FakeSMC issue, now I've got the launchctl.c:2408 bug. Hope these are usual issues that Lion users got when they installed it.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

what is u specs ?

update in u profile > signature u hardware specs

something like we have in the final of the answers

good hack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy