No WiFi Whitelist on new HP Laptops!

Micky1979

41 posts in this topic

To my surprise, after I tried to Rebrand a Broadcomm 943224hms Wifi Card on my new HP DV7-7002el Ivy-Bridge, following the lead of @Prasys (my original card is an unsupported Broadcomm 4313 E414 id: 4727), having tried as suggested by the guide (by starting Ubuntu Live and try to flash the ROM), for failure found I had to reboot the PC:

to reboot my bios did not give any error!!

This has happened on my bios version F0A, but when I upgraded to the new F13 version (with UEFI support to Windows 8), still my wifi (an old AR9285 this time) did not give errors at Boot:

No Whitelist on new HP Laptop!! :D

Browsing, the pages on the HP site, thanks to user @Cosenza1914, I discovered that HP also is updating the UEFI bioses of DV6 / 7 Sandy Bridge!

Believe this to happen slowly, but I think that will be for everyone.

Are any of you that can occur if in the new bios HP have removed the whitelist on DV6/7 2010/11?

thanks

Micky

• Like 2

On more thing HP dose not Release windows 8 official driver for DV6/7 2010/11..........

bye using windows 8 you can't switch the graphics it means still HD redeon 6770M graphics have no driver for windows 8 :wallbash:

This is not true, the DV6-6c80el had these days the update of UEFI BIOS for Windows 8, and does not seem to be a trivial matter...

perhaps as in my case this is a major update:

http://h10025.www1.h...t&lang=it&cc=it (search for new bios under Windows 8 choice)

the package also updated the bios BootBlock, this usually never happens!

The only thing that I do not know if HP has removed the whitelist.

Micky

I just decompiled the bios F1A (sp58987.exe for DV6-6c80el and similar on HP site) using Phoenixtool 2.05 by Andy, a big Tool for modding bioses from mydigitallifeforum.

I looked into the various modules of 5 Kbytes in size:

I did not find the Whitelist. may of course be into others files, and I think that if it exists, is 4KB, 5KB, 6KB or 7KB max.

To search, need a program like HexEdit.app!

However, a volunteer who is able to try to change the Wifi card, and test if the bios returns the error for the wifi card, it would be appreciated

Attached the bios decompiled (Dump1 + Dump2), and a sample file to see how it is made a whitelist, taken from an HP ProoBook bios.

Micky

DUMP.zip

DUMP2.zip

Example of bios Withelist on HP ProBook.zip

which bios mod i should use for Insyde F 1B

1:-sp54024_NWL_Sbloccato_F1A

or

2:-sp54024_NWL_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml

which one is more stable ?

and if it possible to rollback my original F1B and how ?

Sorry for late response, even in the PM, but I'm really busy.

If you mean the bios posted here, not only because it is a dump.

One more time No, because the bios F1A, I'm referring to here is not even relative.

for you if you want this unlocked bios:

http://www.bios-mods..._ByCamiloml.exe

but first read this:

different between F1a (sp54024.exe) and F1B (sp55068.exe) is only here:

- Fixes an intermittent issue where a system locked when Intel Anti-Theft Technology (AT) has been enabled cannot be unlocked by using Intel AT until the system is restarted.

Unlocked and NWL bios F1a ver., is the best made by Camiloml, and you can easily downgrade.

However, only at your own risk, do not complain if something go wrong!

Fashing bios in a laptop is always a risk, even with the original package.

Micky

i can help recover if needed. take hdd out so it doesnt interfere with USB if its EFI bios type when flashing bios from dos, or recovering.

notes F.1A - Fixes an intermittent issue where the battery does not property recharge. - Adds support for switchable graphics fixed mode

those are crucial for osx and battery ..F1A it is!

to recover if failure is easy with USB fat32 http://forums.mydigi...-recovery-steps

and the Decrypted files http://www.mediafire...o8o4kcj10k0b5ch rename it without .DEC .. ####.bin

and USB EFI environment made with sp52509.exe in windows

• Like 1

i can help recover if needed. take hdd out so it doesnt interfere with USB if its EFI bios type when flashing bios from dos, or recovering.

notes F.1A - Fixes an intermittent issue where the battery does not property recharge. - Adds support for switchable graphics fixed mode

those are crucial for osx and battery ..F1A it is!

to recover if failure is easy with USB fat32 http://forums.mydigi...-recovery-steps

and the Decrypted files http://www.mediafire...o8o4kcj10k0b5ch

and USB EFI environment made with sp52509.exe in windows

I forgot, the partition HP_TOOLS, it should be deleted from the disk, before installing the modified bios.

@LatinMcG thanks for the stuff!

Micky

• Like 1

i opened original with phoenixtool 2.11 http://forums.mydigi...Dell-EFI-BIOSes

and it showed 2 Ralink cards also in list.. i wonder if any of those work

Ven Dev Sub

1814 5390 103C 1636 VQF-RT5390		 Corp. - RT5390 (Ralink Technology)
14E4 4727 103C 145C QDS-BRCM1050		 Broadcom 14E4 - WLAN Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n for Solaris 11 Express (Broadcom)
1814 539F 103C 1637 VQF-RT5390BC8	
184F 2000 103C 1637 VQF-RT5390BC8	
1814 3592 103C 1638 VQF-RT3592BC8	 Corp. - RT3592 (Ralink Technology)
14E4 4727 103C 1483 QDS-BRCM1051		 Broadcom 14E4 - WLAN Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n for Solaris 11 Express (Broadcom)
03F0 331D 0000 0000 QDS-BRCM1051

Thank you for reply........................... :)

you just clear my doubt which are as follows

1:- if i didn't change my WiFi and use mod bios any problem after that ? (because i never use WiFi for internet i use only

Ethernet {LAN})

2:-for mod bios should i downgrade to F1A first ? does it really need it ?

3:-If i use the mod bios then my WiFi (Broadcomm 43xx) will work on windows ?

4:-How to downgrade the original bios (F1b)

5:-If replace my WiFi but didn't change my bios (use original one F1B) then it's will work on window ?

and miki

i am going to buy a new laptop

HP Pavilion DV6-7040TX

is this is good for hankintosh or any other you suggest ?

i opened original with phoenixtool 2.11 http://forums.mydigi...Dell-EFI-BIOSes

and it showed 2 Ralink cards also in list.. i wonder if any of those work

Ven Dev Sub

1814 5390 103C 1636 VQF-RT5390		 Corp. - RT5390 (Ralink Technology)
14E4 4727 103C 145C QDS-BRCM1050		 Broadcom 14E4 - WLAN Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n for Solaris 11 Express (Broadcom)
1814 539F 103C 1637 VQF-RT5390BC8	
184F 2000 103C 1637 VQF-RT5390BC8	
1814 3592 103C 1638 VQF-RT3592BC8	 Corp. - RT3592 (Ralink Technology)
14E4 4727 103C 1483 QDS-BRCM1051		 Broadcom 14E4 - WLAN Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n for Solaris 11 Express (Broadcom)
03F0 331D 0000 0000 QDS-BRCM1051

Thank you,

this was also confirmed by @Cosenza1914 that owns the Laptop concerned.

This is unfortunately stupid from HP, there is no consistency in what they are doing, because at this important update, they could "liberate" their previous Laptop!

Better than nothing, the new ones are ok

Micky

Thank you for reply........................... :)

you just clear my doubt which are as follows

1:- if i didn't change my WiFi and use mod bios any problem after that ? (because i never use WiFi for internet i use only

Ethernet {LAN})

2:-for mod bios should i downgrade to F1A first ? does it really need it ?

3:-If i use the mod bios then my WiFi (Broadcomm 43xx) will work on windows ?

4:-How to downgrade the original bios (F1b)

5:-If replace my WiFi but didn't change my bios (use original one F1B) then it's will work on window ?

Sorry Maverick,

but if you're willing to change your wifi card, using the Ethernet cable, then you do not need to do this, it makes no sense!

This modified bios was born in order to allow the replacement of wifi, and fortunately the bios option allows you turn off the discrete video card!

If you use your laptop as a "Desktop", I do not see really any reason to change.

However, you can install bios F1a or F1b and then return to at any time (even using one of Camiloml), just run the .exe file in Windows.

Your card 4313, will continue to work in Windows, because it is just off the control of the ID card (allowing you to change it if you want).

If you want an advice, you do not do this because you do not serve!

and mikii am going to buy a new laptop

HP Pavilion DV6-7040TX

is this is good for hankintosh or any other you suggest ?

as mentioned in PM, this Lappy has my same bios with a different processor: Good choice

Micky

Thanks miki............ :)

so you mean my WiFi will on mod bios ?

& any other way to off my discrete card ?

i never use WiFi (not even in window only use LAN and usb 3G dongle )

Thanks miki............ :)

so you mean my WiFi will on mod bios ?

& any other way to off my discrete card ?

i never use WiFi (not even in window only use LAN and usb 3G dongle )

Sure, your wifi card would continue to work normally in Windows.

Another way to turn off the discrete video card, is to modify the SSDT-3.aml table, where there are methods "_ON and _OFF" for video card.

To do this you first need to change the original table, and then try to install Clover, or Enoch bootloader, being sure that happens the override of the table in question.

I have not had time to try it, but sooner or later I will.

Enclosed is my table SSDT-3.aml, your probably is similar.

Micky

SSDT-3.dsl.zip

just simply copy your ssdt3.dsl and install the enouch bootloader just like that ?

or any other way then tell me ?......................

tell me properly how to install it or how i make it (SSDT3.dsl) & i am already use Enoch boot loader

how to get original table and how to edit it please tell me if it possible then please edit for me ?

and i am suffering from Blue screen error in windows when i was use lion that time also got same error

but after install ML problem is solve but now days i got the same.........

ok thanks...........!

but please make it as soon as possible...................!

so i don't need to use mod bios right ?

i am using your ML stuff .........

and still not working sleep and what about Blue screen error in windows ?

where can i get kext for " hp dv6 7040tx "

brother i am using windows 7 not 8..............

And miki i just simply copy your ssdt-3.dsl and install Enouch boot loader but same prob battery backup is just an hour or less than that ?

Tell me if i need to do anything else ?

• 1 month later...

Hey miki i am using mod bios since 2 month but everything is fine accept my cpu fan is still on in windows and mac both

operating system

any way to turn it off or make it slower ?

• 1 month later...