• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Tuning

Tuning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I don't use Bluetooth very much so i didn't notice that it doesn't work on my machine ether. (Sry)

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I don't use Bluetooth very much so i didn't notice that it doesn't work on my machine ether. (Sry)
[size=4][color=rgb(0,0,0)]

Thanks for the info, but I wanted the Extensions for a purpose: As I wrote in my update post... I think the Extensions are broken on my machine.

So can ANYBODY lease upload the extensions ... please.

Tuning

Tuning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Here my Bluetooth extensions

http://www61.zippysh...72887/file.html

somehow i couldnt upload it by the posting, didnt find the upload button :D

And sry for the late response, didnt had much time this month.

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

By writing a post

If you want something to attach to your post, just hit "More Replay Options". Than you can see in the left below corner the neccessary buttons for doing attachments.

Have fun.

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

thanxs for the help... and yep, I know the prob. Looked for the upload button for minutes too, when posting the first time.

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi there,

sorry for the delay, but I tested the Bluetooth kernel extensions from Tuning.

Interesting facts:

1. The Extensions work fine, actually better than the old ones from 10.8.5.
  2. It seems that the Extensions somehow "kill" my Quartz Extreme support every now and then. Not on every boot, but several times. Reverting to the "old" Extensions seems to stop this...

I tried again to get the PCIe Card Reader working, but no success. It is recognized during boot, but nothing happens...

Tuning

Tuning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Good to See that Progress is going on to get everything working.
My Major goal is to get some graphics power by using the 650m, so far mavericks recognized it correctly with 2gb RAM but ni Display output this damn optimus makes it nearly impossible to get it working. So iam trying to make it somehow funktional.

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi there,

so far I can state, that the Card reader does not want to function. I tried all extensions I could find and compiled them again, but no success.

It seems that I had to leave this thing non-functional on OSX.

For the Nvidia: Yes, I know. I have been stuck on 10.9 at the same point that Tuning is. At this point the only option seems to be disabling the Intel in BIOS. But I could not achieve this. Merely I ended up with sending back my machine to Acer Support. Optimus is just a pain in the {censored}.

Tuning

Tuning

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
@wartomato Sorry to hear that you had to Return your laptop. I did the nearly Same thing Long Time ago and i had to Open my Laptop and i did a CMOS reset to bring it back to life. I changed with a mod BIOS the internal Display to the Nvidia and then at boot the screen was Black. If i knew it earlier i would Never buy an optimus Laptop.

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

@wartomato Sorry to hear that you had to Return your laptop. I did the nearly Same thing Long Time ago and i had to Open my Laptop and i did a CMOS reset to bring it back to life. I changed with a mod BIOS the internal Display to the Nvidia and then at boot the screen was Black. If i knew it earlier i would Never buy an optimus Laptop.

Hi,

I know, I know. The Essence of all our efforts is: DO nOT BUY A OPTIMUS NOTEBOOK... IF you want to install OSX on it.

Hard to learn, but now we should know better.

1slickvdc

1slickvdc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey guys. I just bought a 771G-9809 and followed all this stuff and B-Red Wolf's processes (since I bought his computer), and I'm stuck where he was. Only boots in safe, but has proper resolution, can see and handle the network. I used wartomato's kexts, chameleon plist, and tools listed. New question is: would there be better hardware support in Mavericks? I'm asking because they're giving it away for some damn reason. Also, I couldn't get it to boot the installer properly off any other install tool than the one from our "friend" Tony... Any ideas? Is Mavericks a good bet or at least worth a shot?

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hey guys. I just bought a 771G-9809 and followed all this stuff and B-Red Wolf's processes (since I bought his computer), and I'm stuck where he was. Only boots in safe, but has proper resolution, can see and handle the network. I used wartomato's kexts, chameleon plist, and tools listed. New question is: would there be better hardware support in Mavericks? I'm asking because they're giving it away for some damn reason. Also, I couldn't get it to boot the installer properly off any other install tool than the one from our "friend" Tony... Any ideas? Is Mavericks a good bet or at least worth a shot?

Hi there,

so many questions...

1. Remember that my machine is somewhat different to ours (and a few months older). My extensions might not work correctly.

2. I am using Mavericks and the supported Hardware is he same as on ML. The drivers are better, the IntelHD does get another performance boost and the powersaving features are better too.

3. I tried my latest install without "Tonys" help and used myHack. The install went fine, but I had to get rid of the extensions myHack installed during the process. Simple thing (search & delete), but it worked out well.

4. To answer your Question: DO IT (like Nike would say).

5. Unsupported Hardware like the Card Reader are not supported in Mav either, so nothing to worry about.

6. You will also have to patch some extensions of the vanilla system, but I think we all here can and will help.

1slickvdc

1slickvdc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I switched to Windows 8, and with it, UEFI instead of legacy BIOS. Is it possible to install on UEFI? If so, what are the tricks? I have a sneaking suspicion that it would actually work better, but that doesn't say much, since I have no reasonable idea how the EFI systems work. I'd like to keep my Windows 8, since the tiles and full-screen apps really have me addicted.

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I switched to Windows 8, and with it, UEFI instead of legacy BIOS. Is it possible to install on UEFI? If so, what are the tricks? I have a sneaking suspicion that it would actually work better, but that doesn't say much, since I have no reasonable idea how the EFI systems work. I'd like to keep my Windows 8, since the tiles and full-screen apps really have me addicted.

Well,

I switched to Windows 8 and 8.1 without UEFI...

Hmm, but why should a UniversalEFI BIOS work better with an EFI BIOS & Partition for Mavericks, as long as it is meant for Win...

My Tip would be, that you use Clover, because it does not "interfer" that much with your EFI (Well, since Chameleon couldn't even boot a EFI Recovery Partition, which is possible in Clover)

But I think that this guide might help: http://www.insanelym...e-true-gpt-ssd/

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi there,

I found an interesting article in this post: http://www.osxlatitu...c-smbios-plist/

It claims that the performance of the internal CPU fan could be influenced by changing the SMC-Vervion in FakeSMC.

By default it loads version 1.30fxx which some kind of generic (even suitable for old systems).

My fan comes up quite fast and loud when load is on the system.

Using my SMBIOS version MBP10,1, which comes closest to my system, I changed the version of the SMC to 2.3fxx.

This is the apporpiate version corresponding to the Apple table (see PDF).

My fans come in slow and later. the system heats up a bit more (about 10 degrees celsius), but it is really smoother and not so loud. I personally think that the battery might last longer, when the fans do not turn at such high speeds all the time.

So test it, if you want:

- open the FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E,

- choose the correct version from the PDF from Apple,

- backup the kext,

- edit the Info.plist (look at JPG and Info.plist.txt, which I had to rename in order to upload it here) inside FakeSMC.kext,

- install it back with KextWizard and... voila!

Happy New Year :-)

Attached Files

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

any chance to connect external monitor to this laptop on OS X ?

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

any chance to connect external monitor to this laptop on OS X ?

HDMI or VGA?

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

VGA preferably

iClock

iClock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

the fans in my v3-771g run at medium speed always and when I run a program they go high speed and then back to medium.It`s not ok,does anyone have the same issue?

wartomato

wartomato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

VGA preferably

Hi,

tested 4 weeks ago with "standard" Intel driver (non-patched) to get dual link. Well, it functioned, but I hadn't a full-HD monitor. Installed SwitchRes for a help...

Will try with patched driver and VGA-cable on my TV (damn, where is the cable...)

@iClock:

No. Got this with one time after updating FakeSMC. Solved by reinstalling, repairing permissions and kernel cache and using "-f" (or UseKernelCache=No in Chameleon), allthough I did not change that before.

Right now the fans are working... (kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 12 22 23 29 30 31 32 33 ]) using FakeSMC 6.0.1115.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy