Acer v3-771g Mountain Lion

others111

193 posts in this topic

:D for me its not only for battery but for graphics glitches on some programms that accour when the nvidia is on.

Hmm,

I do not remember the right thread, but I think I used a combination from the following threads:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295584-disabling-nvidia-optimus-card-on-all-laptops/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/271292-dev-disabling-the-nvidia-card-for-battery-life-optimus/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-laptop-support/43972-solved-disabling-discrete-nvidia-gpu-optimus.html

I read a lot posts by Rehabman and ended up with:

- search the SSDTs 4 or 6 for the ON/OFF-Method for the 650M

- modify the DSDT (_WAK, _PS3, etc.) to call the OFF-Method at startup / the ON method before sleep (cause it does not work, if the card is OFF during sleep initialisation) / ON method on shutdown.

I think that was it....

It is too hot today here, but I'll might search for my "old" DSDT during the next week, clumsy me ;-)

• 3 months later...

My hackintosh is running hot,Intel Power Gadget reports temp of 60 degrees when in idle while in Windows I get 47-50 when in idle.Package Pwr0 in mac the lowest in 5W while in Windows I get 3W.If I run Chrome, cpu heats up to 72degrees while in Windows it stays cool to 50.Cpu P-states are reached [12 13 16 17 18 20 21 22 24 25] in mac however it always switches speeds very fast while in Windows it stay at the lowest for a longer time while in idle.Any ideas how to solve this issue?

My hackintosh is running hot,Intel Power Gadget reports temp of 60 degrees when in idle while in Windows I get 47-50 when in idle.Package Pwr0 in mac the lowest in 5W while in Windows I get 3W.If I run Chrome, cpu heats up to 72degrees while in Windows it stays cool to 50.Cpu P-states are reached [12 13 16 17 18 20 21 22 24 25] in mac however it always switches speeds very fast while in Windows it stay at the lowest for a longer time while in idle.Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Hi,

well I am getting (the usual) 43-47 degrees celcius and a power consumption of about 2-4W. That is the same as in Wondows 8.1 as far as I can see.

I am running chrome (64 Bit developer build) right now and it is still the same. Sometimes I can see that AppNap get the fans running higher, but that is an software issue (i.e. Steam...)

An Idea nd the "problem" seems to be FakeSMC/HWSensors. Ever tried to change the SMC version of FakeSMC? - usually it might be version 1.30f which suits most Notebooks, even old ones.

I changed the value in FakeSMC to the corresponding version of my SMBios, which resulted in a smoother fan behaviour (but sometimes more "temp hopping").

Is that an option for you? - which version are you running? - I am using MBP10,1.

• 2 weeks later...

I used myHack for Mavericks and it comes bundled with kexts.How did you install MAC OS X on your hackintosh? do you have a yahoo id or skype so we can speak faster?(if you do PM me pls)

Hi,

I think I got a little further. I tried all versions of chrome and the 64 bit version messed up one time, if I tried to start with too little space for the cache. Well, actually I disabled the cache, because I am using a SSD.

I gave Chrome "more" cache and Voila... CPU-stats are back to normal and the god-damned thing works. Temps are back on normal and my fans are soooo quiet.

For your question: Hmm, this must be the 6th install of mavericks for me and actually I used every different ways I found (including myHack). Yep, myHack installs the myHack.kext IN which there are a few other extensions (that are necessary for the first boot). Actually I looked in the Extension and deleted it after realising that I already had the extensions on the HD - but newer versions - and also deleted the extensions myHack installed in the Extra/Extensions folder (cause everything should go to S/L/E folder...).

For the IDs, hihi... well the answer is NO (sorry, but small footprint in the net...). Sorry. Well, I guess checking the above should help. So please just report back.

what do you use?chameleon or clover?

In Chameleon I have issues with HD4000 the display just flickers and the mouse has lag(QE works).In Clover I can`t get QE in hd4000,it is detected but just with 4 MB,but ithe display doesn`t flicker and the mouse pointer is perfect no lag. 

As for the CPU temperature,I tried so many things and did not succeed.I am so curious how come it works on your V3-771g.I have the requested speed steps,but it switches from one speed to another one so fast.In windows it stays on one speed and shifts to another one just when it needs it,most of the time it stays at 1.2GHz which is the lowest on my i5-3210m.

Oh yes and the time issue,does your time in windows get left behind?

what do you use?chameleon or clover?

In Chameleon I have issues with HD4000 the display just flickers and the mouse has lag(QE works).In Clover I can`t get QE in hd4000,it is detected but just with 4 MB,but ithe display doesn`t flicker and the mouse pointer is perfect no lag. 

As for the CPU temperature,I tried so many things and did not succeed.I am so curious how come it works on your V3-771g.I have the requested speed steps,but it switches from one speed to another one so fast.In windows it stays on one speed and shifts to another one just when it needs it,most of the time it stays at 1.2GHz which is the lowest on my i5-3210m.

Oh yes and the time issue,does your time in windows get left behind?

Hi there,

I am using Chameleon over here without any issues. I injected the HD4000 yia device properties (and the Intel injection by Chameleon, which normally DOES NOT WORK), which are different on our systems (i7 <-> i5). I am doing this since ML came out.

I also patched the DSDT to recognize the HD4000 (which can be done with MacIASL, etc.) and last but not least I am using a patched IntelHDCapriFB kernel extension.

All this results in 2178KB VRAM on the Intel HD 4000, full QE/CI, no flickering, no mouse lags (which cannot come from the HD4000).

I did that once and just use the extensions and the DSDT until now without problems.

Mouse: Check the kernel extension that you are using. I had to try different ones from different devs.

Temps: Hmm. Well, currently I am at 39°C and 1,19Ghz with all cores (surfing the internet for hours and playing MP3s), BUT that is something completely different from an i5. I got hands on a i5 from Sony yesterday, which constantly spinned around the fans in Windows 7 while surfing and playing Minecraft... I thought that this thing would explode.

For real, the speed stepping by the system (OSX) is on my machine the same as on Windows 8.1. OSX as a UNIX system handles Programs differently than Win. OSX uses other priorities for single threads (thats multitasking...).

To make a long story short: Things like Chrome use up a lot of CPU power while running (even on my system) and vary the core speeds from 1,2 to 2,2 GHz on all cores. During these periods my fan spins up a little (I barely hear it). On heavy load like playing Borderland2 e.g. the System goes up to 3.3 GHz and the fans are spinning louder with temps up to 70°C.

YOUR SYSTEM does not have these 4 cores like mine and has to use "more power" for the same actions. Remember that you got a WIN PC-hardware that should work like a Mac... :-)

Thinking this over, leads me to the conclusion that clover might not be the best choice for you and could create some issues (when not configured right).

Secondly try Safari... it does not use this much processor load...

Oh, nope, haven't got a time issue here. Or do you mean the 1 hour difference between Win and OSX. That is normal, because both systems use another "way" to get the time (BIOS UTC time or BIOS + System time). The internet time update handles this (and is slower on Win with it).

Hi wartomato,

I injected the string too and after the injection I do get QE but you'll only notice the flickering in the middle of the screen unually in website advertiments.It is weird because this happens only in Chameleon,in Clover it works great but with no QE and only 4MB.Probably the string is not ok or the .kext needs some patching?The kext you mentioned IntelHDCapriFB what did you do to it?can you upload it?

The mouse lag,my issue seems to be the kext issue,because Clover uses some other kext with the name deluxemousePS2 or something like that and the pointer works as if it was in windows.

The temps are high on my hackintosh because OS X does not know how to handle it.When it boots I do get unknown cpu(when it tries to identify it).The HP Probook 4570 with i3 does not heat up like my i5.The temp aren`t right,I do believe that you did something to the OS for the cpu or maybe it is identified by default and it knows how to handle the speeds better?Could the 650m be the issue?

It seems that you don`t know about the Time issue,which most from the communty have.EX:I boot into windows,the reboot into MAC then back to windows->the time goes back in windows 4 or 5 hours.I wonder how come you v3-771g is so special :)

Can you please upload:all the kexts used,DSDT patched and every setting made ?

Hi man,

...seems that almost everything is not working correctly.

1. I do not know which Intel HD4000 injection you are using. The i5 mostly uses a different injection than the i7. I think it was "4" for my i7 and most user of a i5 use "3" which suits better. => My kexts might not be right ones for your system, but I send the patching information anyway.
  2. Did you patch the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext? - Using Clover - I guess: NO. ... I am just curious.
  3. I do not know what extension you are using, but if you installed using myHack then install my extension and delete the ones in the myHack extension...
  4. The "myHack" kext has all necessary kext for the first boot INSIDE itself. You might be using two or three Mouse drivers at one time. The first one is loaded at boot (using Clover it is the kext of the bootloader...).
  5. God no... if there is still the myHack extension on your system, it also includes NullCPUPowermanagement.kext which DISABLES Speedstepping. This kext is also used for the "first boot" after an install. For speed stepping either a patch is necessary or you use Clover which injects this patch itself at boot.
  6. Well, as I explained: the Time issue is common for about 10 years, iClock. The Problem is general and affects also other systems like Linux. Unix and Windows do not rely on the some source for getting the correct time. Hmm, seems that you do not know this. Patching some things in DSDT fixes this ;-). Seems that you did not know this either.
  7. The problem will be still there, but there will be only ONE hour difference between the systems, even if you reboot a thousand times into the other system. The problem is BIOS/system related...
  8. And last: No, I can not upload all my Extensions and stuff, because it simply will not suit your system! Man, I do not even know which system you are using right now... 10.8, 10.9(.5?), 10.10?

It seems that you need a step by step guide for your system, which implements that we know what YOU have done (How did you install, what did you install, etc.) 

Well after all this: I think I can help better with some more system information of yours (bdmesg, bootlog, SMBIOS, DSDT, etc.)

If I find the time, I will (again in this thread) write down my config and what I have done to get there (not using Clover).

---

Oh,

I think I forgot something important:

Do you know how clover versus chameleon work? - Since 10.9 to 10.10?

Remember:

• Clover tries to patch a vanilla or untouched Mac OSX during boot almost without interfering with patching the extensions. This is all done with the (correct) config.plist. This way it is easier to upgrade a system or update it, when a new version is available. Most of the patching (SMBIOS, DSDT, Hardware detection, kext patching) is done while booting. So it is necessary to have a fully working plist to get a fully working system.
  • Chameleon relies on the Chameleon,config.plist, an SMBIOS.plist and needs manually patching some system kernel extensions. This is easier for noobs to install, but is harder to get a fully working system, because you need to patch some kernel extensions manually. Using chameleon and updating the OS is somewhat trickier, because you need to patch some extensions after every update. To do this easily, it is good to always have a second (old) system to boot from, a backup). This is the way my system is running here. Not that easy as clover, but you might get a "better" system. As of 10.9.3 onwards chameleon changed a bit, because e.g. the SMBIOS detection changed...

So first thing for you to do: Decide what way you want to go... Clover or Chameleon... one big config.plist or many patches.

Intel HD4000 Framebuffer patch.rtf

Intel HD4000 Ports patch.rtf

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Edited by wartomato

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

just a little update... upgraded to 10.10 yesterday.

So far everything is working. Done all my patches except for AppleHDA (it was too late so I am using an older version).

Only encountered a prob with my external WLAN ac adapter, because the drivers are not updated yet. Fixed it by using a little work around.

Adapter is Ralink and the Wireless Utility kept crashing. I am now using parts of the D-Link software for another adapter which functions quite good.

Took me an hour at 1:00 AM to realize that I have to rebuild the kernel cache using the terminal for all patched extensions to load :-) As I said... it was too late.

For anyone that wants to try: I used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 5.0.1 to create a stick and copied my extensions over to the E/E/ folder on the stick.

(net well - got stuck at the "Bluetooth keyboard" screen, because I forgot that you can bypass it by pressing Space...)

Booted the first time from another disk, so I could work on the fresh install with no stress.

• 1 month later...

Hi :),

I googled for this issue , but it seems nobody tried to install it in vmware using vt-d or does it mean something else?

It would be awesome to have Mac OS X running in vmware with QE and fast.This CPU i7-4710HQ has VT-d.

Hi :),

I googled for this issue , but it seems nobody tried to install it in vmware using vt-d or does it mean something else?

It would be awesome to have Mac OS X running in vmware with QE and fast.This CPU i7-4710HQ has VT-d.

Well, didn't know about yout CPU-Type, sorry...  ;)

To make it clearer: Mac OSX does not support VT-d. Windows does. So you might make a machine in VmWare that uses as much as possible CPU-features to get it working faster.

But native VT-d support in the machine and in OSX won't be possible by now.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys :)

So far this whole topic has been very helpful in setting up my mavericks v3-771g

I have everything set up nicely, full graphic acceleration, trackpad, audio all working fine. But I've still got some issues left to deal with. 

my HDMI out is not working, and i'm afraid i don't really understand the guides i've found on this and i don't want to break stuff while fiddling around with it.

also my keymap has a lot of keys messed up like "()[]<>" and i use these a lot for programming so i need to find a way to get them fixed, 

any help here would be appreciated,

thanks

------------------

edit:

also, if i plug my phone in any usb port i get a notification about it using too much power and it doesn't get recognised at all..

would be nice to get that working, so i can use it as a modem for internet :P

other usb devices are working all fine

Hi guys :)

So far this whole topic has been very helpful in setting up my mavericks v3-771g

I have everything set up nicely, full graphic acceleration, trackpad, audio all working fine. But I've still got some issues left to deal with. 

my HDMI out is not working, and i'm afraid i don't really understand the guides i've found on this and i don't want to break stuff while fiddling around with it.

also my keymap has a lot of keys messed up like "()[]<>" and i use these a lot for programming so i need to find a way to get them fixed, 

any help here would be appreciated,

thanks

------------------

edit:

also, if i plug my phone in any usb port i get a notification about it using too much power and it doesn't get recognised at all..

would be nice to get that working, so i can use it as a modem for internet :P

other usb devices are working all fine

Well...

for the "easy" things:

- keymapping: Yeh, I got the same problems and so I decided to reverse the "normal" keyboard-layout by Apple to match my "german" one. I am currenty using ukulele for that. But I think that I cannot help you out here.

- USB: Well, I never heard of such a phenomenon, except for Sony phones. My phones (Apple and Samsung) work both fine, including modem support.

- HDMI: Yep, It is a pain in the a... on this machine. I think you got to mess around, because the HDMI should be different on your machine than on mine or one of the others (i5, i7, UEFI, etc.)

I know that this does not help a lot, but I think it might point you in the right direction for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone try to install OS X in a virtual machine with a processor which has VT-d ? For example,I think it might be possible to install OS X as guest and use the GPU natively with VGA passthrough.If it is possible we`ll be able to run OS X in a virtual machine and just make things cleaner(no hacking while booting the laptop,just the virtual machine).

VMs:XEN,QEMU.

Some people achieved this using separated GPUs like integrated HD4000 for the host and GeForce for the guest using Windows.

Just google-> vga passthrough :)

• 1 year later...