stop wondering... yes, i am following your topic.
I got myself a V3-771G, but with i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 650M, 1TB HD + 120GB SSD.
I figured out the same things as you did and can add the following:
1. HD4000 works here too with full acceleration. Yep, I used a device string in the Chameleon Boot plist myself (used the 0166 0004, because nothing else was working). The HD4000 is (strangely) reported as 0009 in System Info, but who cares.
2. System is currently 10.8.2 with Smbios for a Macbook pro 9,1 (might differ, because of the processor i7-3615QM)
3. Got it dual booting and installed on the HD using Chameleon 2.2-2140 (at the moment)
4. Got my Sound working by using VoodooHDA 2.7.4. It coexists with AppleHDA, so I did not delete the kext.
5. Got the LAN working by using the ALX Extension that is now part of MultiBiest.
6. I have 2 of the 4 USB Ports working (USB 2.0) out of the Box. The USB 3.0 (Intel Controller) are not working. System Info reports them as "Superspeed Bus", but the ports don't recognize a thing.
7. I installed VoodooSDHC.kext and modded it to fit the Vendor id and subsystem-id of the builtin PCI-Card REader (Realtek). It boots fine and finds the reader, but - like the USB 3.0 ports - doesn't mount an inserted card.
8. The SSD an HS are working fine. All partitions are recognized (using TUXERA NTFS). The SSD works an TRIM support is enabled with the Chameleon TRIM Enabler Prog.
9. Audio is working, even over HDMI. I had to enable the "Force HDMI Audio" Option in Chameleon.
10. Sleep works.
11. Yes: I have NullCPUManagement installed from ###### and FakeSMC from Kozleks Github (I believe this is also now part of MBeast). It IS essential and working fine with no errors at all.
12. I am using VoodooBattery for the Battery, with is also working fine.
13. I recompiled the DSDT, because - like many others said - the Bios from Acer is quite, well Let's say, unorganized. I had 4 Errors that were fixed and a few things fixed by patches using the DSDT-Editor.
14. No, I think we won't get the GT650M to work with 10.8 out of the box. I Tried myself a hundred times, but as long as we cannot switch the Intel HD4000 of in BIOS... it will not work. The Optimus switching tech by nvidia differs form the one Apple uses. My Nvidia can be made recognizable to the system, but that is all. We have to stick with the Intel. I tried to Dump the Bios and inject it into Chameleon, but this cannot be done so easily. My Dump is not recognized correctly and I didn't want to dump it again by using a USB Stick for Win in 32Bit mode, etc.
15. I got the touchpad, keyboard and Mouse working by using the VoodooPS2 with Multitouch from InsanelyMac. There are other kexts, but with these my Trackpad only worked like PS2-Mouse with no Multitouch and was not recognized by the Touchpad Control Panel. It still isn't perfect and needed some fumbling in the info.plist, but working.
16. My Bluetooth worked out of the box. I am using a Bluetooth mouse, so this was essential for me. It just is not working all of the time. because it can only be managed in Win. So booting Win and enabling it, solves the problem most of the time. You just can not en-/disable it in OSX. This would need DSDT hacking or some Keyboard kext that supports the blue Fn-Keys.
17. As of writing, I am working on the Brightness using DSDT Hacks. There is an easy way without it. Just install an old Prefpane called "Shades". You will then be able to control the Brightness using an Menu or on screen slider.
18. Oh, I forgot. You do not have to disable all Nvidia extensions. Just uninstall the GeForce.kext, that is all. If you leave all other kexts in S/L/E the system will recognize the card (not as an GT650M or with 0MB RAM), but it is recognized and just not working (see 14.). By the way, the boot error after DSMOS arrived merely emerges from not having installed NullCPUManagement and the existance of the Geforce.kext. Sometimes you can get past the error, when using a quite new version of Chameleon, which mods the Powermanagement and CPU errors while booting by itself.
19. Webcam. Yes, it worked out of the box and is quit darkish. At least in the evening. At daylight it is working quite all right. I am not sure if installing the "Glasses" driver might help. Perhaps I will test this some time.
20. Wifi. Yeah, the biggest problem... Well, it is not working here either. I am using my good old USB Stick with am RT2870 Chipset. Many say, that you should change the PCI card, but I think I won't do that by now. My card has a Atheros 9462 (ARBWB222) chipset, that is just not recognized. I inserted the IDs in IO80211.kext and also tried all kext, modded them, modded the DSDT, but it didn't help. I ended up, that the Hardware was recognized by the system, but the Airport driver just didn't want to see the card.
Never mind. Just use an USB dongle or change your PCI card. Most of the time I am hearing that a 9285 Card is cheap and working fine out of the box.
21. Oh, almost forgot that I just deleted the 3 extensions that MyHack recomments: Apple PolicyControl, AppleTyMCEDriver and AppleUpStreamUserClient.
Well, that is all that I can say by now. Hope it helps.