Everything abnormally fast

DVSoftware

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I successfully installed Mountain Lion on my laptop (toshiba x200-23g - Core2Duo 2.5ghz, 4gb ddr2, 2x nVidia 8600GTM, DIY Fusion drive) and everything works fine except all (animations, audio, video) is 5x faster than normal. Although i kinda like it for system animations, i'm not really a fan of watching sped up movies or listen to chipmunk versions of songs :)

Anyone had a similar problem or knows what can cause this?

Hi there,

This is an interesting issue you're experiencing. I personally never had trouble, but I'd really like to know all your system specs so we might help you further.

Greetings,

Not sure if i exported this correctly.

This is full spec sheet by the manufacturer: http://eu.computers....xup/productPage (except that i added 1gb of ram, and replaced 1 hard drive with ssd, but i doubt any of these could be an issue)

I noticed that it detected the CPU as 1.35 ghz which would explain why everything is faster than it should as OSX thinks cpu is 1.35 ghz but it actually works at 2.5 ghz.

How can i make it detect the CPU properly?

Edit:

Btw, i'm using Clover boot loader if it matters (I don't think anything else can boot from FusionDrive LVM)

MacBook Pro.zip

Not sure if i exported this correctly.

This is full spec sheet by the manufacturer: http://eu.computers....xup/productPage (except that i added 1gb of ram, and replaced 1 hard drive with ssd, but i doubt any of these could be an issue)

I noticed that it detected the CPU as 1.35 ghz which would explain why everything is faster than it should as OSX thinks cpu is 1.35 ghz but it actually works at 2.5 ghz.

How can i make it detect the CPU properly?

Edit:

Btw, i'm using Clover boot loader if it matters (I don't think anything else can boot from FusionDrive LVM)

:D I recommend you use chameleon for a test.

Clover needs to be set correctly. Otherwise, you will end up meeting lots of problems.

I couldn't get it to boot off FusionDrive, it says that it can't find the kernel (because helper boot partitions don't have it anyway)

Do you have any suggestions?

put the kernel in the drive yourself :D

I finally managed to do it, it took a while to figure that i needed to boot with UseKernelCache=yes or else it wouldn't boot.

Speed issue is solved now (I used chimera), works perfectly now :)

Thank you!

:D if you read lots stuff of Clover, you can continue using clover too.

But clover is sure to have lots of settings.

I'm not going to use Clover as it's taking ages to start up (probably because i have 5 drives attached). Chimera/Chameleon takes a second.

Clover just started shipping recently. While Chameleon has been developed for quite long.