[SOLVED] Resolution Hack for 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics

GhostRaider

37 posts in this topic

why you don't have any kext loaded i'm using this in ML it helps a little but not very good. But you do get some acceleration. i used the module and finally after all this time i'm greeted with 1366x786 good job. and thank you so much. use this intelhdgraphics.kext. it'll load fine. no qe/qi. some open gl.

make sure u install appleintelhdgraphicgl and appleintelhdgraphicsav.

ZoomButt.gif

oh and i forgot this is the module i used form the link you posted thanks guys finally native resolution after 2 years :D

I have a question. Where did you get that kext you uploaded? Has it been modified?

I have a question. Where did you get that kext you uploaded? Has it been modified?

it's not modified it's one from dp2 ML don't be tricked by version number in plist cus i used plist from 1.8.2 it still ok. for my laptop it's not doing much but as i said it's better than nothing. but maybe for other laptops it gets better results.

it's not modified it's one from dp2 ML don't be tricked by version number in plist cus i used plist from 1.8.2 it still ok. for my laptop it's not doing much but as i said it's better than nothing. but maybe for other laptops it gets better results.

Hmm.. I have an ASUS K52Jc, also with Optimus. The strange thing is that it reports 128MB on your screen, while mine shows 64MB as VGA RAM.

Can you set how much VGA RAM in the BIOS?

I really hope QE can be enabled, maybe their is hope.. :P

I'm on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and installing your kext actually enables Core Image. This is the reason why there is some graphics acceleration. iWeb for example uses Core Image. iPhoto uses Core Image. These applications work correctly now. Also my CPU is using less power and is more cooler because the Intel HD Graphics chip is partially working. Quartz Extreme is our high goal but Native Resolution + Core Image = a satisfactory Hackintosh. :star_sunglasses:

I'm curious as to how you discovered this. Did you just randomly try combinations of kexts?

Note: There is still no transparent menubar, but it seems that Quartz Extreme is required to enable the effect. iMovie runs correctly now but remember it is a Quartz Extreme application so it basically doesn't really do anything.

P.S. Did I mention YouTube videos play very smoothly now? B) Great discovery Mehdymehdy. Very nice.

post-620531-0-60308600-1359765256_thumb.png

post-620531-0-43850200-1359765281_thumb.png

post-620531-0-66697900-1359765305_thumb.png

post-620531-0-08823700-1359765331_thumb.png

post-620531-0-52983500-1359765355_thumb.png

post-620531-0-25532300-1359765543_thumb.png

• Like 1

I'm on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and installing your kext actually enables Core Image. This is the reason why there is some graphics acceleration. iWeb for example uses Core Image. iPhoto uses Core Image. These applications work correctly now. Also my CPU is using less power and is more cooler because the Intel HD Graphics chip is partially working. Quartz Extreme is our high goal but Native Resolution + Core Image = a satisfactory Hackintosh. :star_sunglasses:

I'm curious as to how you discovered this. Did you just randomly try combinations of kexts?

Note: There is still no transparent menubar, but it seems that Quartz Extreme is required to enable the effect. iMovie runs correctly now but remember it is a Quartz Extreme application so it basically doesn't really do anything.

P.S. Did I mention YouTube videos play very smoothly now? B) Great discovery Mehdymehdy. Very nice.

i'm glad this is giving some good results. and yes i always tried the intelhdgraphics.kext from any versions of osx that came out and by far this is the best i could get. since i use optimus intel hd graphics and nvidia 310. i put the dp4 nvdresman.kext with nvd50hal.kext from 10.8.2, and i actually got 256mb of memory half of 512mb for the nvidia one. and it had some better results but since there is no machine that can communicate properly between intel hd and the nvidia it's kinda dead. but the driver is there and the graphic card is recognized.

anyway, my main problem is distortion. when i run screensaver because of distortion i get kp. also intelhdgraphicsga.kext when i install it. it works find and i can boot in but as soon as scroll down any page , the whole screen starts breaking into huge distortion and lines you can't see the screen anymore. i don't know how much more intelhdgraphicsGA.kext can add to what i currently have from intelhdgraphics.kext.?

i always do test different kexts. so hopefuly someday one gives better results. remember as soon as we get qurtez extreme enabled. we start facing distortion issue. even though i put the UDID and my screen is configured properly. i don't know where distortion is comming from but if you succeed in enabling QE you might for sure face distortion issue. So i hope someone can help me with distortion problem. thank you keep on looking for more :D

• Like 1

first I want to say THANKYOU!

I have been trying to get this going for three years!

With your help, I finally broke the 1024x768 barrier. I have hit 1440x900 with your suggestions.

I am using a Dell 17R N7010 with i5-480m cpu with Intel HD graphics. Running MTN Lion 10.8.2 HM57 chipset 4g memory

full sound etc. not working wifi, but I can live without. on win 7 i have 1600x900 not sure where 1440 comes from but who cares?

so now i have win7, win8 and ML 10.8.2 on a $500 dell laptop.

thanks.

I confirm I have native resolution (1366x768x32) + Core Image enabled following this tutorial:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics/

Many thanks iWin32, RemC, Orlian, dmazar, Slice, Mehdymehdy and the VoodooLabs community for the brilliant work.

Now let's hope for Quartz Extreme.

Thanks again

Pentothal

• Like 1

Unfortunately main issue are slow capacity of the card(slow mission control,very slow animation),probably it is related to QE (?) D:.Hope for this final stage

There are some things that the integrated graphics card is slow at. Launchpad and Dashboard are obviously slow, but it's not as bad on my hackintosh. not sure if its your computer.

I mean 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics is capable of Quartz Extreme. The framebuffer is the problem. Sadly it needs to be hacked or even reverse engineered in order for it to work on our hackintoshes. Again there is a thread where you can have Quartz Extreme and Core Image working but you can only access the desktop via VNC. It's somewhat useless though.

Unfortunately main issue are slow capacity of the card(slow mission control,very slow animation),probably it is related to QE (?) D:.Hope for this final stage

go to extensions drag out applegraphicscontrol.kext on desktop, right click show package content, go to plugins delete applemuxcontrol.kext. and install applegrphicscontrol.kext back use kext utility .this should help getting ride of some distortion and slow mission control . it worked for me. mux is not for our laptops so i guess it's a good idea.