HD4000 garbles movie previews in iTunes

Leon Hong

7 posts in this topic

I have two desktops (i3-3225 and i5-3570k) using HD4000 as the one and only graphic output source. They are enabled with DSDT/EFI strings each and configured to "AAPL,ig-platform-id" = <00006605> both. They are connected to LCD displays (LG 27" and ASUS 22") with HDMI/DVI cables each. Everything goes fine until I tried to see some movie previews with iTunes. Once I clicked the preview button, the preview window was filled with colorful squares and mosaic sprites, just like undecoded HDMI outputs on older LCD displays without HDCP supports. With the same LCD displays connected, my notebook using NV9600GT had quite normal movie preview windows without a glitch.

Because the desktop HD4000 worked greatly if not using iTunes, I had no idea what happened eventually. Other players such as QTW, Flip4Mac, Flash, MplayerX, or even PPS had normal decoding behaviors and excellent video outputs, only iTunes screwed me up. Is there anbody having the same problems just like me? Can something be done to fix it? Many, many thanks if any one can help!! :thumbsup_anim:

PS: I am pretty sure that I had double-checked the DSDT/EFI strings configurations to be correctly settled...

• 1 month later...

I have two desktops (i3-3225 and i5-3570k) using HD4000 as the one and only graphic output source. They are enabled with DSDT/EFI strings each and configured to "AAPL,ig-platform-id" = <00006605> both. They are connected to LCD displays (LG 27" and ASUS 22") with HDMI/DVI cables each. Everything goes fine until I tried to see some movie previews with iTunes. Once I clicked the preview button, the preview window was filled with colorful squares and mosaic sprites, just like undecoded HDMI outputs on older LCD displays without HDCP supports. With the same LCD displays connected, my notebook using NV9600GT had quite normal movie preview windows without a glitch.

Because the desktop HD4000 worked greatly if not using iTunes, I had no idea what happened eventually. Other players such as QTW, Flip4Mac, Flash, MplayerX, or even PPS had normal decoding behaviors and excellent video outputs, only iTunes screwed me up. Is there anbody having the same problems just like me? Can something be done to fix it? Many, many thanks if any one can help!! :thumbsup_anim:

PS: I am pretty sure that I had double-checked the DSDT/EFI strings configurations to be correctly settled...

Hello,

can you please tell me which mainboard you are using? I have the same issue and can resolve it with your solution, but I want to find out what's the cause of the problem.

Mausi

• 5 months later...

Hello,

can you please tell me which mainboard you are using? I have the same issue and can resolve it with your solution, but I want to find out what's the cause of the problem.

Mausi

Could either of you guys tell me your specs?  I'm on a GA-Z77X-UD5H, I tried changing IOGVACodec to Gen6 and all I get is a black screen where the movie is supposed to be that doesn't play, when I revert back to Gen7 I get the pink acid test looking mosaic.  I am only using the HD 4000 I do not have a discrete graphics card.

Could either of you guys tell me your specs?  I'm on a GA-Z77X-UD5H, I tried changing IOGVACodec to Gen6 and all I get is a black screen where the movie is supposed to be that doesn't play, when I revert back to Gen7 I get the pink acid test looking mosaic.  I am only using the HD 4000 I do not have a discrete graphics card.

It's the machine in my signature. Please see the bottom of this post.

Mieze

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mieze,

Same issue here using Clover to boot Z77 with HD4000 graphics, gen6 results in black screen for me as well. I have asked the Clover Devs if they have any ideas. I am not aware as to when this problem started for me as I do not view iTunes movies very often, new problem as all other movie players I have work well with no issues, Tks..

EDIT - Seems to be a hack issue as it works fine on a real Macmini6,2 with HD4000 graphics.

• 8 months later...