Odd start up error message

5 posts in this topic

I finally got Mac OSX successfully installed with the latest version of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for Mountain Lion on my DV6t-7000 Quad Core (Ivy Bridge). When start it up it just keeps looping back to Chameleon/Chimera start screen. It says it loaded the kernel with a quick message under it that says: "mach -0 file bad magic number". Does any one know what I need to do to fix this?

Here are my specs:

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz

Intel HM77 Express Chipset

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)

Bluray player/burner

3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In

Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards

HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)

4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer

Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures

Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

I finally got Mountain Lion successfully installed with the latest ###### for Mountain Lion on my DV6t-7000 Quad Core (Ivy Bridge). When start it up it just keeps looping back to Chameleon/Chimera start screen. It says it loaded the kernel with a quick message under it that says: "mach -0 file bad magic number". Does any one know what I need to do to fix this

Can you use the Disk Utility to check and see if there is an issue with your paritions? Do the disk first aid or whatever check. It may be related to that as I believe I read that somewhere.

I got around the problem by booting with the installer USB, but it only works with the installer USB and only with a safe boot and cpu=1. Different versions of Chameleon or Chimera have no effect. There is also no audio and the webcam, card reader, and either GPU do not seem to be working and anything that is Fat32/64 or NTFS will not show up or even be detected. Anyone know where to go from here or knows of any DSDT and kext files what will work with my system?