• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

SiMan488

SiMan488

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have had a hackintosh (Intel Core i7 950, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 rev 2.0) running Snow Leopard for a couple of years now with no problems until just recently. I originally initiated the install process by using a Kakewalk CD and a Snow Leopard installation DVD. Just last week my OS X partition wouldn't boot, so after some attempts at troubleshooting I figured I'd just re-install the OS from scratch. The problem was that I could no longer boot my hackintosh into anything besides Windows. My Kakewalk CD no longer worked, and any USB installer that I made (Kakewalk, ######, etc) wouldn't boot either. As a last resort I removed the SSD from my hackintosh that used to have OS X on it, put it into one of those USB HD docking stations, formatted it using Disk Utility (GUID partition table) and cloned my Macbook Pro system drive onto it (Mountain Lion). I restarted my Macbook Pro, booted into the newly cloned SSD and ran ###### using a DSDT that I downloaded from tonymacx86's DSDT database. I know that this is an unorthodox way of making a hackintosh, but this was the only way I could think of to get OS X onto seemingly unbootable computer.

Once I plugged my SSD back into my hackintosh it booted up and seemed to work perfectly, but on some (but not all) subsequent startup login screens I get a kernel panic (shown in the attached picture). Any idea as to what the issue is? I'm sure that due to my installation process it could be a number of things, but I was hoping that the screenshot would at least begin to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod
Remove the kext related to RTL8169
then boot with -v -f

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy