Help for Dell 7720 (2828,3D edition)

cynixway

7 posts in this topic

I install mountain lion 10.8.2 on my Dell 7720 (3D edition),but can't thi video card can't work.

I find that my PC diasbled HD4000 video card and only have GT 650m for some reason.

I install chameleon in windows 8 pro.

Any one can help me?I know little about Mac.

There is my dsdt and IOReg files

DSDT&IOReg.zip

• 2 months later...

I have the same machine - it is running in safe mode only at the moment. I have to remove the nVidia NVDAGK100HAL.kext to get it to boot; some say the GeForce.kext is the issue; frankly, that might be better so I am still researching this.

I am modifying my DSDT for the 650M although in the long term that should not be necessary. The Dell device ID is NOT the same as the Apple one and we have more memory so we can expect issues for a while until this gets worked out. I have working keyboard and trackpad - my biggest issue at the moment is no ethernet; although somebody said it works, mine does not. Without an internet connection which will work in safe mode, I am stuck at the moment.

I have pulled the SSDTs and the DSDT from Win 8 using AIDA64 and got a listing of all devices so the numbers and ports can be determined.

Audio should work; it doesn't because kexts still do not load; the built-in Ethernet is supported and the kext loads but some little thing is not right - says not connected and in the IOReg is identical to my working L702x except the active connection type is blank which makes sense based upon what I am seeing.

I'll update as I make progress - if anybody has the onboard ethernet working, please let me know. If anybody has a working GT 650M, please let me know. I installed the Retina package to get the latest drivers but that didn't help and it wouldn't complete boot even in safe mode.

C'est la vie.

nVidia does not, and will not work anytime soon. Set GraphicsEnabler=No.

I have the same system, 3d is provided by nvidia, delete the kext SteveRings mentioned, and you should be able to boot.

Check the topic for this model under notebooks. We have ethernet, audio and speedstep working.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281476-can-the-dell-inspiron-17r-notebook-inspiron-7720-run-mac/page__st__60?do=findComment&comment=1881406

• 3 months later...

nVidia does not, and will not work anytime soon. Set GraphicsEnabler=No.

I have the same system, 3d is provided by nvidia, delete the kext SteveRings mentioned, and you should be able to boot.

Check the topic for this model under notebooks. We have ethernet, audio and speedstep working.

http://www.insanelym...60#entry1881406

Lejenk,Thank you!But there isn't a HD4000 in Dell 7720 (2828,3D edition). It's disabled by dell.