Install OSX on a Centrino laptop?

15 posts in this topic

Pentium M is SSE2, but some Centrino's donot have PAE, thus it does not work with them. It works perfect on my Centrino 1.7.

Instructions

DL JaS 10.4.7 Image

Burn to DVD

Install

Make sure to select SSE2 Fixes

Pentium M is SSE2, but some Centrino's donot have PAE, thus it does not work with them. It works perfect on my Centrino 1.7.

Instructions

DL JaS 10.4.7 Image

Burn to DVD

Install

Make sure to select SSE2 Fixes

Ive noticed there are 2 different ways of installing osx, the developer dvd and patch it with the release 1 patch or the JaS version witch one is the best(supported,drivers etc)?

I searched on torrentspy but could only find the 10.4.6 version, can i download that version and update it with my original 10.4.7 version from my Macbook Pro?

Or can you give me an hint where i can download it?

thanks for helping a newbie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I need help... I have a Centrino Pentium M (with SSE2) and I want to install osx 10.4.5 directly (no vmware), and when booting from DVD, start width text, text, text.... and say "Loading windows" or samething, then the screen appear in blue, but stop it, no mouse o any window appear. Anybody know what happen?

Thanks

PS. Sorry for my english, I'm a Spanish speaker

Can I install 10.4.6 with vmware? if so how to patch SSE2. I do use Centrino 1.7, HP nc6000 model.

Everytime I boot using the DVD inside VMware, I get Bug 9297 abt PAE. I did fix the PAE line inside vmware configuration file.

any help?

hey,

I had the same prob. it doesn't help to change it in the config file of vmware.

you will have to change it in the boot.ini file on your (c:) drive.

"example"

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect /PAE

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

i have a centrino and i install mac os x but when i finish the installation and run it from the HD, appears just 4 unregular verical white bars

PS: i have jas osx 10.4.7, i burned it but in the installation the intel sse 2 patches have 0bytes someone can help me ?