This one may not be complete either. If so please let me know and I'll review and rewrite it if necessary.
Let us this once and for all this issue R.I.P.
An unknown error has occurred when you try to access your App Store account is not a problem limited to iHack.
Genuine Mac owners experience same issue regardless OS X version.
There are several scenarios that can cause this problem:
- You swapped your main HDD/SSD and used cloning software in process instead of Migration Assistant
- You installed OS X from scratch and OS X doesn't support your wired or wireless LAN natively and you where forced to use 3rd party or edited kext to make it work
- You installed OS X from scratch and OS X doesn't support your wired or wireless LAN natively and you where forced to edit DSDT to make it work
- You installed OS X from scratch and OS X doesn't support your wired LAN natively and you where forced to edit org.chameleon.Boot.plis to make it work
- Your SMBIOS.plist doesn't contain valid serial number
- or whatever else you did or did't done
So how to solve this problem? Well luckily Apple recognise this legacy issue and provide official solution.
What I don't understand is why they didn't fixed it. For crying out loud this this problem came with Leopard!
Anyway, here it is:
- delete all interfaces in system preferences/network pane
- delete Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/Networkinterfaces.plist and com.apple.network.identification.plist
- add ethernet interface in system preferences/network and configure it if necessary
- optionally add all other interfaces you might need, like firewire, com etc.
- wait a few seconds for Eth interface to initialise
- log in to your app store account and enjoy
- make sure you have valid serial number in SMBIOS.plist ( use Chameleon Wizard to create one )
- Apply official Apple solution
Valid SMBIOS serial number will also solve problem with TeamViewer access to the teamViewer server had been denied
Steve R.I.P. With all due respect, I still don't want your hardware, just your software!