New HDA Wizard for Mountain Lion 10.8 (beta)

janek202

24 posts in this topic

I finally updated my tool for Mountain Lion.

It was designed for quick sound repair after update, without any rollbacks.

It helps to install Platforms, layout and Info files.

It supports multi-line binpatches.

Now it also has convert feature: helps to quick compress and decompress xml and xml.zlib files. Based on zlib.pl made by RevoGirl.

Bonus: Patching AppleRTC to prevent CMOS resets after sleep.

It will not create any files, it will only help you install them.

You still need a DSDT patch, or HDAEnabler.kext with proper LayoutID.

It's still beta version, some binpatches might be old. I can't test them all. If you have any new binpatches, please post them.

Mountain Lion 10.8 only.

Download link: https://dl.dropbox.c...L/download.html

ss_ml.png

• Like 10

When I try to to a custom string I get an Error box that is blank; and the notification says patching started please wait. I also didn't get asked for the root password.

Could you add the VIA VT2021 the string is 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x41\x04\x06\x11|g'. A suggestion how hard would it be to make it so we can edit the patches.plist file in resources, right now no matter what I do it looks like it get regenerated on every run.

• 1 month later...

hello Janek202

Congratulations for the work.

Looking into the APP saw that binpatch ALC887 codec ALC885 about this being corrected.

ALC887 will not work well if corrected ALC885 on it has to be corrected on ADI1984b.

's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x87\x08\xec\x10|g'

• 2 weeks later...

hello Janek202

Congratulations for the work.

Looking into the APP saw that binpatch ALC887 codec ALC885 about this being corrected.

ALC887 will not work well if corrected ALC885 on it has to be corrected on ADI1984b.

's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x87\x08\xec\x10|g'

Hello Mirone!

Do you have an ALC887 fully working? Even the MUTE key? If so, could you please, send me the PLATFORMS / LAYOUT / INFO files? Need to check the BINPATCH box?

Mine is ALC888b, but I think is the same ALC887.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,I get the same empty error message. Looking into the console, here is a more detail of the error one gets:

3/11/13 12:37:02.937 PM coreservicesd[39]: Application App:"HDA Wizard" [ 0x0/0x1a01a] @ 0x0x7ff448c94740 tried to be brought forward, but isn't in fPermittedFrontASNs ( ( ASN:0x0-0x1d01d:) ), so denying.

3/11/13 12:37:02.937 PM WindowServer[80]: [cps/setfront] Failed setting the front application to HDA Wizard, psn 0x0-0x1a01a, securitySessionID=0x186a5, err=-13066

Hope that helps...

Kind regards,

Lorenzo

• 2 months later...

I get those as well + the empty error dialog.

There's a little spinner (similar to the boot spinner) on the HDA Wizard GUI that keeps going, like it can't finish what it's doing.

I used Ermac's plist/xml files + DSDT HDEF device from here for AD2000B.

It shows in System Information with correct ID 99 and everything but in the sound preference pane i see only my Saffire 6 USB.

/EDIT

...grabbed Ermac's pre-patched AD2000B AppleHDA for 10.8.3 and that works just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...