- You swapped your main HDD/SSD and used cloning software in process
- You just installed OS X from scratch and OS X doesn't support your LAN natively and you are forced to use 3rd party or edited kext to make it work
- Your SMBIOS.plist doesn't contain valid serial number
- Your org.chameleon.Boot.plist doesn't contain this:
So how to solve this problem? Well luckily Apple recognise this and provides official solution:
- delete all interfaces in system preferences/network pane
- delete Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/Networkinterfaces.plist and com.apple.network.identification.plist
- add ethernet interface in system preferences/network and configure it if necessary
- optionally add all other interfaces you might need, like firewire, com etc.
- wait a few seconds for Eth interface to initialise
- log in to your app store account and enjoy
- Apply official Apple solution
- make sure you have valid serial number in SMBIOS.plist ( use Chameleon Wizard to create one )
- make sure org.chameleon.Boot.plist contains this code:
Valid SMBIOS serial number will also solve problem with TeamViewer "access to the teamViewer server had been denied"