• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

malfunct

malfunct

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I had a perfectly working installation on 10.7.2, OpenCL/GL was enabled, and I never got a crash with that config. I'm using the MacPro5,1 profile.

I upgraded to 10.7.5, with a lot of problems. Now whenever I use a GL heavy app like VLC, the system crashes. I get artifacts, etc., as well from time to time. System doesn't survive more than 15 minutes. I believe there is nothing wrong with my hardware (if somehow the new drivers didn't kill my card), because it seems to work properly on another leopard installation.

Did anyone have a similar situation with 4xx cards?

I tried installing NVIDIA web drivers, it didn't help, I'm trying again as I write this.

Thanks in advance,

malfunct

malfunct

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Update: I just made a full time machine restore back to 10.7.2 and my system now works perfectly. Do NOT upgrade to either of 10.7.4 or 10.7.5 if you have GTX 480! I think I have tried just about every driver / patch combination, and you either do not get OpenCL support, or you get imminent crashes.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
This is your issue:

http://rampagedev.wo...raphic-cards-2/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gtx480, crash, 10.7.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy