Radeon 4550 graphics kext/driver?

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I managed to get ML 10.8.2 going on my i5 "Hackintosh". However, I am having issues with my graphics card - ATI Radeon 4550. The vendor ID is 1002 and device ID is 9540.

I used Chameleon Wizard to try and set the resolution to 1920x1200 but it doesn't get above 1600x1200. Also, there doesn't appear to be any hardware acceleration present and various transitions are rather jerky. About This Mac > Displays shows:

spdisplays_display

1600 x 1200

Display 7 MB graphics

From the sound of things, I don't have the correct kext loaded.... I looked all over the web but could not find anything specific for Mountain Lion - there are a few kexts for Snow Leopard and Lion but all say it would only work with those OS's.

Any pointers for a Mac n00b like me?

Cheers

Alex

Hi Artur,

Thanks for that. I followed the instructions and I have ATIRadeonx2000.kext and ATI4500Controller.kext loaded using Kext Helper. All the correct Dev and Vend IDs exist in the 2000 kext. However, it's still not working.

The PC won't boot with GraphicsEnabler set to yes and gets stuck almost at the last point in the boot process.

I've seen a few references on the web that this card isn't supported but it should surely work. I am not using any custom DSDT or SMBIOS files - everything is original from Apple Store. The installation USB was created using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] so maybe it replaced some files? Not sure...

Any more tips? Or maybe I should just get a graphics card which I know will work with my system? I am not using ATIConfig as I am not sure which one to use. The family is RV710 for my GPU but it's not listed in the Chameleon drop down list.

How can I check what is loaded for my card?

Cheers,

Alex