I've got a M6700 too. Having quite a few issues with getting OS X running on it. How's yours coming on?
Booting the 10.8.0 usb install image only worked for me with the usb port on the back of the machine. Otherwise I would get waiting for root problems..
So far I have with 10.8.2:
- HD4000 working on internal LCD only. No VGA. The HD4000 isn't even connected to the HDMI/DP+. See block diagram here: http://partnerdirect...l-Guidebook.pdf
- Sound with modded AppleHDA from previous version of OS X.
- Wifi with replacement Atheros card.
- USB 2 on all usb ports. Had issues with the USB controllers not getting assigned a usable an interrupt, but was fixed by assigning 4 IRQNoFlags to the HPET in DSDT and disabling the parallel and com ports in BIOS to free up interrupts.
- CPU Power management.
What's I can't get going:
- K3000M. Will detect the card and load the right kexts. I can see the WindowServer and other things are connecting to the driver with ioreg, but the internal display stays black, no backlight. On the HDMI I get a gray screen, no mouse pointer. I can ssh in. But usually after 5 mins the machine crashes. I guess the driver just doesn't support the Quadro GK104 based chips yet..
- Wake(with HD4000). The machine sleeps okay. But when I try and wake it up it does this weird 2 second boot loop a few times then restarts completely. Interestingly this also disables Optimus in the BIOS. Also in the BIOS logs, there are also 'ASF2 force off' power events that match the time of the boot loops. I've tried with BIOS version A06 and A08.
What I haven't tried to get working yet:
- SD card reader
- 3/4 Expansion card.
Doesn't have a web cam or bluetooth.
I really hope 10.8.3 brings support for the Quadro GK104 based cards... I've tried everything I can think of with 10.8.2 and the retail drivers.. but no joy.