6 replies to this topic

schumi1331

schumi1331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello everyone :)

since Safari crashed every time, when I wanted to start watching the iPad mini keynote on Tuesday on my 1000HE with 10.6.7 installed, I decided to finally upgrade to 10.6.8.

I installed the combo update, patched the mach_kernel following prasys' blog entry about that, and reinstalled some kexts, as sound and sleep were not working correctly (used the same ones as in 10.6.7).

So now everything is working, but wakeup after sleep not correctly:
The display with login form appears, but the backlight is off and you need to restart the netbook to turn it on.

To fix this, I found the following solution from here (http://code.google.c...etail?id=227#c9) patching the dsdt.aml and adding Device (PNLF)...

Result is that the light goes on now after sleep and that I cannot change the brightness anymore with Fn keys, but through System Preferences (set up F5/F6 as hotkeys for that; the sun overlayer appears too, just like on a real MacBook). The problem now is, that the backlight is too bright, using to much energy and hurting in the eyes after some seconds. After a longer research I checked the settings for "AppleBacklightDisplay" in IOReg. Where users in another posts have there maximum values like 0x90 for example, my one is a lot higher (see attached screenshot).
If I understood correctly, this value is loaded from IOGraphicsFamily.kext. I tried to use another one through Kext Helper, but this caused a double panic at start up, so I changed it back.

Can you help me, in in turning backlight on without DSDT-modification causing the bright screen, or how to change this values, which seem to be the one managing the display brightness.

It's an 1000HE with 2 GB RAM and a GMA950. 10.6.8 is running with only this problem. If you need any further info, please tell me.

Best Regards and thanks already,
schumi1331

HUSABER

HUSABER

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:HusabergFC-600 FourStroke,KTM500 TwoStroke,TM300 TwoStroke
    Free Time-My Hackintosh&Ap...
Post your clean DSDT.aml PLEASE

schumi1331

schumi1331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have attached the DSDT.aml I am using now with 10.6.8 and that I used with 10.6.7. I would need to have a look where I have have it from.

It should be used, if the netbook has 2 GB RAM. The add of "Device (PNLF)" is the only modification I have done.

PS: I'm sorry, it seems as I am not able to attach anything to the posts.
You can find the DSDT.aml here: http://dl.dropbox.co...990477/DSDT.aml
And the screenshot from IOReg here: http://dl.dropbox.co...um 21.23.51.png

Thanks already,
schumi1331

HUSABER

HUSABER

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
Adding "Device (PNLF)" with the same contents made the backlight resume after sleep,
and enabled the brightness slider in Display preferences,
but disabled the Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 for brightnessbut disabled the Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 for brightness

However, now Pause and Scroll Lock key modify your brightness.

schumi1331

schumi1331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Adding "Device (PNLF)" with the same contents made the backlight resume after sleep,
and enabled the brightness slider in Display preferences,
but disabled the Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 for brightness

Yes, that's exactly what I wrote. But after adding "Device (PNLF)" the problem is that the screen brightness is much too high. Even on the lowest setting in System Preferences. It's really not usable for longer than some minutes and hurts in the eyes.

HUSABER

HUSABER

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
DSDT.aml is from your mashine?Or from google? :worried_anim:

schumi1331

schumi1331

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
it is from here: http://osx86.co/f36/...nstalled-t6316/ (the only thing that was modified was Device (PNLF). It is that one, I am using now and since the beginning.

I see that I didn't removed "1201N.DSDT.aml" how it was in the tutorial. May this affect something?

I have installed OS X through my own method:

1) Open your netbook and remove the HDD (see video guides on YouTube for example). Connect it to a working Mac with SL, insert the OS X retail DVD and install OS X selecting the (before formatted with one partition) HDD. Run NetbookInstaller as written here, insert the HDD to your netbook back, boot (like written here) and set up your Mac OS X including all kexts and of course the 10.6.7 combo update.

, but the tutorials on bikingbrian.com helped me a lot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy