KP at boot with CCC cloned 10.6.8 on a new SSD

SamuelL421

1 post in this topic

The title pretty much says it all, I'm getting KP on boot and can't get past the OSX ("apple") white loading screen. Removed my old drive and used Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) to clone to a newer (5 mo. old) Corsair GT SSD. Old drive booted w/o problems or KP - all kexts and needed files working as needed.

I didn't install the bootloader to this SSD yet - I had planned to do that after initially booting using ######/######. I used ###### to successfully load the bootloader where the new drive with my old OSX install was recognized. I attempted to boot this using several flags but all have so far resulted in KP. Didn't have a chance to go through verbose mode yet however (only had a few minutes to test late last night). Is there something obvious which I might be overlooking?? I read something about 4K format issue in one post but I don't really understand what that issue is or what it might cause.

Thanks all in advance, I'll be checking in later today and updating this evening as I get a chance to work on this.