Mountain Lion install problem (######, usb boot)

mountan lion usb booting instalation problem 10.8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jamesss

jamesss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everybody, im trying to install mountain lion 10.8 on my PC (i5 2300, asus p8H67, nvidia 560ti)

I've made a booteable USB drive from a vmware mountain lion based system, with ###### and the original mountain lion from the app store

When i tried to boot with it, i can only reach the screen with the apple logo for a few seconds, and then, the computer goes to "sleep" (with the monitor suspended), and nothing happened, i also tried with -v , but the same thing happened

Any idea?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my english :(

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,709 posts
Hi jamess

welcome on InsanelyMac :)

like you're a new member, pls take a time to read this and this and the forum rules ! Thanks

good luck

staff

jamesss

jamesss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks @fantomas1, im going to try with another method, and i'll be back soon with more questions xD

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,709 posts
:)

come back when you want, you're welcome! ;)

good luck

djavocado

djavocado

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I did the same as you, made a bootable USB with ML and encountered same problem, few seconds before I get to the install screen, my monitor went into sleep mode.. Using boot flag -x worked for me (i7 860, Intel DH55TC, Nvidia GTX570). But others, as I have read, had luck with other bootflags.

Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mountan, lion, usb, booting, instalation, problem, 10.8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy