• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GrandMstrBud

GrandMstrBud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Followed this guide after creating a 10.8 USB install drive and I can not get it to see the internal hard drave. I put it to legacy also and still nothing.

http://wiki.osx86pro...ll_Optiplex_745

I tried it with and without the IOATAFamily.kext in the Extras folder and I am booting with the -x GraphicsEnabler=No and the bios is updated.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
For sata drives, try this in System/Library/Extensions NOT in /Extra/Extensions, make sure SATA is in AHCI mode or if no AHCI option in Dell bios, use RAID mode instead. Boot with -f added to any other bootflags

Attached Files

GrandMstrBud

GrandMstrBud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

For sata drives, try this in System/Library/Extensions NOT in /Extra/Extensions, make sure SATA is in AHCI mode or if no AHCI option in Dell bios, use RAID mode instead. Boot with -f added to any other bootflags

Thanks I was able to get it I don't think the BIOS was sticking with the legacy mode but now at the end it gets about 2 minutes left and it says "Install Failed" "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail." Not sure what I'm doing wrong I was hoping to get it to work on this.

EDIT: I redid the USB install boot drive and now I can't see the drive again.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
You don't want it in legacy

11wayne11

11wayne11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Thanks I was able to get it I don't think the BIOS was sticking with the legacy mode but now at the end it gets about 2 minutes left and it says "Install Failed" "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail." Not sure what I'm doing wrong I was hoping to get it to work on this.

EDIT: I redid the USB install boot drive and now I can't see the drive again.

I've got Dell 745 ML install on an external usb drive, I had the internal drives working using normal in the bios, they seem to have dropped off again today.
The dell 755 has no problems at all.

GrandMstrBud

GrandMstrBud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Legacy or not it will not see the hard drive. I just don't get it. What bios should I use will that make a difference or another bootloader?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
What are the specs on your 745? Looking at specs for Dell 745 on dell's site, although there's a few configurations, didn't see any with core 2 duo or newer CPU, only core duo which would not support ML.

-nevermind, see some core 2 duo's, still specs and southbridge chipset would be helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy