10.8 on Dell Optiplex 745 No Hard Drives

7 posts in this topic

Followed this guide after creating a 10.8 USB install drive and I can not get it to see the internal hard drave. I put it to legacy also and still nothing.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.8.0/Desktops#Dell_Optiplex_745

I tried it with and without the IOATAFamily.kext in the Extras folder and I am booting with the -x GraphicsEnabler=No and the bios is updated.

For sata drives, try this in System/Library/Extensions NOT in /Extra/Extensions, make sure SATA is in AHCI mode or if no AHCI option in Dell bios, use RAID mode instead. Boot with -f added to any other bootflags

Thanks I was able to get it I don't think the BIOS was sticking with the legacy mode but now at the end it gets about 2 minutes left and it says "Install Failed" "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail." Not sure what I'm doing wrong I was hoping to get it to work on this.

EDIT: I redid the USB install boot drive and now I can't see the drive again.

Thanks I was able to get it I don't think the BIOS was sticking with the legacy mode but now at the end it gets about 2 minutes left and it says "Install Failed" "The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail." Not sure what I'm doing wrong I was hoping to get it to work on this.

EDIT: I redid the USB install boot drive and now I can't see the drive again.

I've got Dell 745 ML install on an external usb drive, I had the internal drives working using normal in the bios, they seem to have dropped off again today.

The dell 755 has no problems at all.

What are the specs on your 745? Looking at specs for Dell 745 on dell's site, although there's a few configurations, didn't see any with core 2 duo or newer CPU, only core duo which would not support ML.

-nevermind, see some core 2 duo's, still specs and southbridge chipset would be helpful