• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Matt35

Matt35

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
I think yes, your configuration seem compatible...

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Okay I have a few more questions ( sorry for all my questions but I really want to have hackintosh :P )

As I said, my dsdt isn't listed in tonymac86 dsdt page so will it be possible that the things such as sound, network and usb3 etc will work?
In the HCL page of 10.7.4 is my motherboard confirmed working with lion, but at the install notes it says:

"Installation method:
  • Install iATKOS L2 (with IOPCIFamily.kext, ALC892.kext, AHCI.kext, NVenabler.kext, USB.kext, USB3.0.kext, Realtek RTL8111/8168.kext, AR9285.kext and PS2.kext"

Source: http://wiki.osx86pro....php/HCL_10.7.4

Those are kext's which so they will make my sound and network work but how, where and when do I have to install these?

Also I have prepared an USB with mountain lion with the tutorial you gave me earlier ( http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/ ) but at step 2C.1 It says that I have to copy the two kexts to my USB in a specific location but my question here is: Do I have to copy the zips inpacked or unpacked or only the files?

Those were my questions I hope you can answer them, thank you already for your help

Lennard

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi, The whole weekend I've been trying to make a bootable usb to install hackintsosh but none of the methods I used worked

1. I used ###### mountain lion
2. I used the guide on insanelymac forum: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/
3. Used ###### and than a retail cd of snow leopard

What happened:
1. I didn't see the mac boot but at this attempt I didn't know how to get the dmg ( yeah I downloaded from piratebay, I want to buy it but first I want to be sure it will work on my pc )in the app folder so we tried something and ###### did work but it doesn't work....
2. Saw 1/100 sec a logo of apple then it reboots
3. When I hit enter to go to install os x snow leopard, the apple logo shows up and the spin keeps spinning for over 10 minutes than I shut it down.

I really will appreciate your help!! I want hackintosh so badly!!

Lennard

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
Tonymac tools are not supported here, see this:
http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/

As for point 2 boot with -f -x -v (when you first see the bootloader and it highlights OS X type "-f -x -v" then press enter). It should boot, if it encounters an error post a screenshot.

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
When I typ -f -x -v and hit enter, I see al lot of text coming up very fast and after +/- 10 sec it shuts itself down and reboots -.-'

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Maybe it's because of that I set it to MBR instead of GUID because someone said to me I had to put it on MBR.......but I'm stuck now :P and i cant make screenshot because after 10 seconds it stops and reboots...:-(

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
ok, open your USBInstaller and go for System/Library/Extensions and make a copy all kexts ATI first, now delete all kexts ATI from USBinstaller and boot with this flag: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=31

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

ok, open your USBInstaller and go for System/Library/Extensions and make a copy all kexts ATI first, now delete all kexts ATI from USBinstaller and boot with this flag: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=31

Okay i'm going to try that today or tomorrow but at one of the first steps should I do GUID or MBR? because someone said to me I should do MBR

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
if you need dual boot WIN / Mac OS use MAP Partition MBR

if you need only MAC OS use MAP Parttion GUID

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Okay and in the BIOS should I choose AHCI or not because everywhere you see you have to change your bios settings from ide to ahci but that doesnt is in this tutorial....

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
Choose AHCI

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Today I tried it again but after a few seconds it just reboots....I tried a lot of different boot flags but without any result....:-(

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I made a screenshot just before it reboots but I cant find how to upload it on this site but this are the last 2 lines before it reboots:

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=E59C812D-58D4-35A0-A8F8-C52EC219B3C0 rd=*uuid -v

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
first, for support put your hardware in your signature please!!!

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Done!

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
what SMBIOS do you use?

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
iMac 12.1 because there was intel i3 in

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
post your Extra folder

Lennardude

Lennardude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
How can I upload a folder in the forum?

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
I don't know if you can. Try to compress it into a single file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy