Asus Geforce GTX 650 problem

philbagg

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I installed Snow Leopard using the tonymacx86 method. I had everything working perfectly fine on my rig until I switched out my video card for the Asus Geforce GTX 650. The card runs perfectly when I switch over to windows (separate hard drive), but now I get to the apple loading screen, and it tells me to restart the computer. I tried starting with graphicsenabler=no to no avail. -x -v -f don't work either. I'm nowhere near an expert at this and could use a little help :)

My system:

Asrock G41M-S3

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU

8GB DDR3 RAM

OSX Version:

The old card was a Gigabyte Geforce 9500 GT, worked fine.

If you need any additional help, just ask. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will never work in SL. You must have 10.7.5 or 10.8.2 for that card to work properly. Also you must install the retail Nvidia kexts for 10.7.5

also in 10.8.2 u may have to remove in s/l/e AppleTymcedriver.kext and set graphicsenabler=no

kepler based cards(for now)are natively supported in 10.8 only

note the new macbook pros use 650m chipsets.

also in 10.8.2 u may have to remove in s/l/e AppleTymcedriver.kext and set graphicsenabler=no

kepler based cards(for now)are natively supported in 10.8 only

note the new macbook pros use 650m chipsets.

All kepler cards are supported except for the GTX 660 series. Which should see support in 10.8.3. The retail drivers add support for the GTX 660 series. All others work with the native Apple kexts however the device ID of some cards may be missing.