[GUIDE] Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mavericks 10.9.1 on ASUS N53SN/N53SV/N53SM Notebooks

* * * * * 4 votes Asus N53SN Asus N53SV Asus N53SM Asus N53sn

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

anerik70

anerik70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I've got 10.9.4 running.. most worked, but not sound. Now I've got sound working, but MacOs says no Wifi hardware. Maybe with another DSDT.amt it will work.

Installed using the the DSDT from 1st post.

Edit: Forgot to tell this is my first 'hacked mac', but I like it a lot!!

Which asus do you have? 

zygoma

zygoma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone,

I've got two problem with my ASUS N53SN-SZ126V on 10.9.4 .

For the wifi, I tried the solution proposed by eng_matt but it didn't work.

And my track pad doesn't work very well. For example i cannot move a window or select text. 

What should I do ?

Thx

lucaspr

lucaspr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Which asus do you have? 

Hi Anerik70,

The N53SV-SZ016V..

But I've got WiFi working now! Sound works, sleep works, trackpad works.. Only my camera doesn't.. But thats a no problem as I'm not using it. But now I've got this far.. so maybe I'll try something to get it working.

Using a DSDT from the forum and the drivers (devicemergenub and another one) found here in the forum and the original IO80211....kext got me going I guess. Not too sure as I tried a lot of kexts.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's not working anymore after a reboot... Any ideas? And its working now! Restarted a couple of times and it works now. Removed all kexts and inserted the right ones!

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

hello, has anyone tried using clover and yosemite with n53sv? thanks

anerik70

anerik70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

hello, has anyone tried using clover and yosemite with n53sv? thanks

N53sm   

What do you need?

Mister7000

Mister7000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi there,

I also have a N53SV running OSX 10.8.5 and will greatly appreciate a guide to do a clean install of Yosemite since i am running Chameleon.

Can anyone post a guide ? or even start a new thread for the benefit of all of us ?

-Thanks.

skydemon

skydemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi!!!! I would also like to read that guide! Thank you for anyone who make this possible!

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

N53sm   

What do you need?

Hi, thanks for reply.

I would like to have kext and config files because i cannot get it working with clover. My n53sv is 1920x1080 fullhd screen. may you share them? Main problem in chameleon are audio, ps2 touchpad , etc ... Thanks!

amonramses

amonramses

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everybody,

First of all thanks for all the discussions and files provided; they helped a lot.  :thumbsup_anim:

Second; to summarize I have successfully installed Yosemite on N53SN model ( i7 - 4 GB Ram - 120 Gb SSD - Nvidia 550m ) yesterday with #####/##### and boot loader is chimera 4.0.1.

Things that work are : Touchpad , Keyboard , Function Keys , Graphics , Audio , DVD , Reboot/Sleep

Wifi gave me a hard time after installation. I tried many kexts and troubleshooting tutorials but in the end it worked after re-installing Yosemite without formatting. I am not sure if it was related to disk permissions ( I tried before re-installing on Disk Utility to fix ) or something else but now wifi is working flawless. I am not sure about ethernet and didn't test since I don't have cables at home. But looks ok in the system info.

Bluetooth is also problematic ; seems to be always on and can't turn it off. Can't detect any other device during scan. And in system report no devices are shown. Any help is appreciated. 

Camera is the biggest problem.  <_< It works , but restarts itself every 2 second. So when I open up Skype or FaceTime it is constantly rebooting and the image comes and goes. If any of you had this problem and can provide a solution it would be great. Since I can see myself on the screen, it looks software related problem %99. This is from the system info : 

USB Video Device:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_5967 ProductID_5912

Unique ID: 0x1a120000174f1718

And this is from the usb tab : 

USB Video Device:

Product ID: 0x1718

Vendor ID: 0x174f

Version: 1.04

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Sunplus iT Co

Location ID: 0x1a120000 / 4

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

USB 3.0 looks installed but can't detect my Seagate extension drive with usb 3.0 cable somehow. Here are details :

USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB

Host Controller Driver: GenericUSBXHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x1000 

PCI Revision ID: 0x0004 

PCI Vendor ID: 0x1b73 

Bus Number: 0x0f 

So if anyone has updated to Yosemite and has working stuff listed above it would be great to have some help. One other thing is I can't follow which kext is installed and properly working for a certain device. On some screenshots you shared I saw a list of kexts with ticks on left of them. Can't see something like that. After installing kexts I can't be sure if they are properly installed ( with permissions etc.) I hope I don't need to re-install Yosemite every time to fix this problem with kexts - I am using Kext Utility v2.6.1 BTW.

And one other question to N53S hackintosh users ; is your fan always working ? Mine is always on ( I don't have an option in BIOS for this ) , even if no process is going on the computer ( idle state ). Not disturbing soundwise but kinda worried.

anerik70

anerik70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Camera is the biggest problem.  <_< It works , but restarts itself every 2 second. So when I open up Skype or FaceTime it is constantly rebooting and the image comes and goes. If any of you had this problem and can provide a solution it would be great. Since I can see myself on the screen, it looks software related problem %99. This is from the system info : 

I use clover boot to boot yosemite on an N53SM and i had that issue here but i fixed erasing my EFI partition and reinstalling clover

amonramses

amonramses

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I use clover boot to boot yosemite on an N53SM and i had that issue here but i fixed erasing my EFI partition and reinstalling clover

Hi ! so you basically recommend switching to clover ? No other solutions ? Which kext are you using for camera drivers?

Mister7000

Mister7000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi there..

Any chance you can post your steps ?

at least how did you install with clover ?

what settings do i need on clover ?

thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Asus N53SN, Asus N53SV, Asus N53SM, Asus, N53sn

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy