[GUIDE] Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mavericks 10.9.1 on ASUS N53SN/N53SV/N53SM Notebooks

* * * * * 4 votes Asus N53SN Asus N53SV Asus N53SM Asus N53sn

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

anerik70

anerik70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I've got 10.9.4 running.. most worked, but not sound. Now I've got sound working, but MacOs says no Wifi hardware. Maybe with another DSDT.amt it will work.

Installed using the the DSDT from 1st post.

Edit: Forgot to tell this is my first 'hacked mac', but I like it a lot!!

Which asus do you have? 

zygoma

zygoma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone,

I've got two problem with my ASUS N53SN-SZ126V on 10.9.4 .

For the wifi, I tried the solution proposed by eng_matt but it didn't work.

And my track pad doesn't work very well. For example i cannot move a window or select text. 

What should I do ?

Thx

lucaspr

lucaspr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Which asus do you have? 

Hi Anerik70,

The N53SV-SZ016V..

But I've got WiFi working now! Sound works, sleep works, trackpad works.. Only my camera doesn't.. But thats a no problem as I'm not using it. But now I've got this far.. so maybe I'll try something to get it working.

Using a DSDT from the forum and the drivers (devicemergenub and another one) found here in the forum and the original IO80211....kext got me going I guess. Not too sure as I tried a lot of kexts.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's not working anymore after a reboot... Any ideas? And its working now! Restarted a couple of times and it works now. Removed all kexts and inserted the right ones!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Asus N53SN, Asus N53SV, Asus N53SM, Asus, N53sn

Topic Stats Last Post Info

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy