[GUIDE] Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mavericks 10.9.1 on ASUS N53SN/N53SV/N53SM Notebooks

* * * * * 4 votes Asus N53SN Asus N53SV Asus N53SM Asus N53sn

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Rick Lamers

Rick Lamers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey guys,

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed information to this thread (especially eng_mat, the OP). 

Because of you I have a fully working Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) installation going.

Can't get the 540M to work but that's allright.

I learned a lot along the way, when I started didn't even know what kext files were. Without this thread I would have been hopefully lost. 

For everyone that needs the Wifi drivers for Atheros AR9002wb-1ng, look here: http://www.osx86.net...less-half-size/

Can't thank you guys enough, Mac OSX rocks!

@flitskikker I have an N53SV - SZ404 and 10.9 is rocking solid so you can try too I guess.

FYI I didn't use the Kext the OP provided but used the Intel 3000 ones that were installed with Mavericks.

:D

futurexiong

futurexiong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,is there any 10.9 installation guide for N53SN? Can the kexts used in 10.8.2 be used in 10.9? need modify dsdt?

Thanks.

flitskikker

flitskikker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

To anyone with Atheros / Wi-Fi problems; this kext package is the only thing that works for me:

http://www10.zippysh...05906/file.html

You'll need both! DeviceMergeNub will inject a Wi-Fi country code. Otherwise you won't be able to connect to networks.

@Rick Lamers: Which kexts from where did you use exactly? Are the Intel 3000 kexts untouched? Alvast bedankt! :)

Ronnykuh

Ronnykuh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Please uploaded a instruction to install Mavericks 10.9 for me. I have a lot of problems with my kext-files. 1st my touchpad do not works. All extensions are works but not my touchpad. Can anybody help me? Sorry my English is very bad. Maybe anyone have a dutch instruction for me.

I have a ASUS N53SV-SZ016V

Thank you very well...

eng_matt

eng_matt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I have still wifi issue with 10.9.0 or 10.9.1 :)

Whatever ;

Here working 10.9.1 bluetooth driver (kext) ;

https://www.mediafir...l1c4txjoxxbbgti

Attached Files

eng_matt

eng_matt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Finally I found a time and fixed my  Atheros Ar9285 wifi with my edited Dsdt.aml

Now working my Wifi 10.9.1 perfectly and very fast...

You can download attachment.

Some pictures , my native language Turkish :) so picture language Turkish. Whatever :)

355f.png

8z7v.png

Attached Files

Nacereddine

Nacereddine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've installed Mavericks 10.9 and everything is working fine except sleep (Laptop doesn't wake up and the fan goes crazy). Can anyone help me?

My laptop is an

• ASUS N53SV
  • Core i7 2630QM
  • Intel HM65 Express Chipset
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

I didn't patch the BIOS or anything and I'm using the stock AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement

Attached Files

strahd_von_zarovich

strahd_von_zarovich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everybody , my laptop is asus n53sn with i7 2630qm and gt550m ,    i installed 10.8.2 on it , and now i want to uptade to 10.8.5 . What should i do , please help me.

strahd_von_zarovich

strahd_von_zarovich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok i tried to update 10.8.5 but i am stucked at apple lego , i want to install fresh 10.9 mavericks how can i do that? 

strahd_von_zarovich

strahd_von_zarovich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Lastly , i tried to create usb with my hack but i got panic .

MacMikko

MacMikko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I have a N53SV and I'm having some troubles getting the FN keys to work.. I tried installing the kext, but no dice...

Also how do I install the DSDT? do I just overwrite the file or?

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

did anyone try updating it  to 10.9.2 ? Are kext files still the same? Do they work?

Thanks!

skydemon

skydemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey guys!!!

I wanted to ask for a help. I want to start using Clover and i tried to make my own dsdt to get best, but i didn't manage to fix all the warnings((((. I use DSDTEditor. Of course some of errors i manage to fix but half of them not. I used dsdt file from this thread but the system didn't boot up after that(( I wanted to ask, if anyone could help me and fix my dsdt? I'he created it with help of Aida64. I wold very appreciated for any help) Please find attached my untouched dsdt file))))

My laptop is N53sv - i7-2670QM - 8GB Ram - HD3000 - GT540M (1Gb) 

I have a question about UEFI bios and boot procedure with Clover. Does anybody in this thread use it? I would like to know an opinion or pros and cons, if yes or not too. I'he read articles about how to work with Clover and i knew that for the UEFI bios we just need use another version of Clover. Am i right? I didn't find clear answer on my question. Is this the only one difference?

Thank you)

Attached Files

anerik70

anerik70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

i use clover on asus n53sm everything runs fine

Attached Files

skydemon

skydemon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hmmmmmmmm it's great, but how? Could you give me an advice please or maybe you could make some tutorial how you run your system with Clover? It would be awesome!)))) I didn't even manage to boot Mac os 10.9 from flash usb to install!(((( I used different patches but no luck(((( Something happening with image, it going fuzzy after about minute of booting( I stuck here and i don't know how to fix it.

I have attached photo of my screen that stops me to proceed. I suppose it should be the screen where disc utility and other stuff

Attached Files

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

hi, does hdmi work for you (audio+video)?  here it doesn't work...

anerik70

anerik70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

This is my clover EFI folder

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

hello, has anyone a solution for audio hdmi & N53SV in mavericks? Both with applehda and voodoohda ... 

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Asus N53SN, Asus N53SV, Asus N53SM, Asus, N53sn

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy