[GUIDE] Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mavericks 10.9.1 on ASUS N53SN/N53SV/N53SM Notebooks

eng_matt

178 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys!!!

I wanted to ask for a help. I want to start using Clover and i tried to make my own dsdt to get best, but i didn't manage to fix all the warnings((((. I use DSDTEditor. Of course some of errors i manage to fix but half of them not. I used dsdt file from this thread but the system didn't boot up after that(( I wanted to ask, if anyone could help me and fix my dsdt? I'he created it with help of Aida64. I wold very appreciated for any help) Please find attached my untouched dsdt file))))

My laptop is N53sv - i7-2670QM - 8GB Ram - HD3000 - GT540M (1Gb) 

I have a question about UEFI bios and boot procedure with Clover. Does anybody in this thread use it? I would like to know an opinion or pros and cons, if yes or not too. I'he read articles about how to work with Clover and i knew that for the UEFI bios we just need use another version of Clover. Am i right? I didn't find clear answer on my question. Is this the only one difference?

Thank you)

dsdt_n53sv.zip

Hmmmmmmmm it's great, but how? Could you give me an advice please or maybe you could make some tutorial how you run your system with Clover? It would be awesome!)))) I didn't even manage to boot Mac os 10.9 from flash usb to install!(((( I used different patches but no luck(((( Something happening with image, it going fuzzy after about minute of booting( I stuck here and i don't know how to fix it.

I have attached photo of my screen that stops me to proceed. I suppose it should be the screen where disc utility and other stuff

post-1347769-0-89996800-1400521129_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got 10.9.4 running.. most worked, but not sound. Now I've got sound working, but MacOs says no Wifi hardware. Maybe with another DSDT.amt it will work.

Installed using the the DSDT from 1st post.

Edit: Forgot to tell this is my first 'hacked mac', but I like it a lot!!

I've got 10.9.4 running.. most worked, but not sound. Now I've got sound working, but MacOs says no Wifi hardware. Maybe with another DSDT.amt it will work.

Installed using the the DSDT from 1st post.

Edit: Forgot to tell this is my first 'hacked mac', but I like it a lot!!

Which asus do you have? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've got two problem with my ASUS N53SN-SZ126V on 10.9.4 .

For the wifi, I tried the solution proposed by eng_matt but it didn't work.

And my track pad doesn't work very well. For example i cannot move a window or select text. 

What should I do ?

Thx

Which asus do you have? 

Hi Anerik70,

The N53SV-SZ016V..

But I've got WiFi working now! Sound works, sleep works, trackpad works.. Only my camera doesn't.. But thats a no problem as I'm not using it. But now I've got this far.. so maybe I'll try something to get it working.

Using a DSDT from the forum and the drivers (devicemergenub and another one) found here in the forum and the original IO80211....kext got me going I guess. Not too sure as I tried a lot of kexts.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. It's not working anymore after a reboot... Any ideas? And its working now! Restarted a couple of times and it works now. Removed all kexts and inserted the right ones!

• 1 month later...

N53sm   

What do you need?

Hi, thanks for reply.

I would like to have kext and config files because i cannot get it working with clover. My n53sv is 1920x1080 fullhd screen. may you share them? Main problem in chameleon are audio, ps2 touchpad , etc ... Thanks!

Hi everybody,

First of all thanks for all the discussions and files provided; they helped a lot.  :thumbsup_anim:

Second; to summarize I have successfully installed Yosemite on N53SN model ( i7 - 4 GB Ram - 120 Gb SSD - Nvidia 550m ) yesterday with #####/##### and boot loader is chimera 4.0.1.

Things that work are : Touchpad , Keyboard , Function Keys , Graphics , Audio , DVD , Reboot/Sleep

Wifi gave me a hard time after installation. I tried many kexts and troubleshooting tutorials but in the end it worked after re-installing Yosemite without formatting. I am not sure if it was related to disk permissions ( I tried before re-installing on Disk Utility to fix ) or something else but now wifi is working flawless. I am not sure about ethernet and didn't test since I don't have cables at home. But looks ok in the system info.

Bluetooth is also problematic ; seems to be always on and can't turn it off. Can't detect any other device during scan. And in system report no devices are shown. Any help is appreciated. 

Camera is the biggest problem.  <_< It works , but restarts itself every 2 second. So when I open up Skype or FaceTime it is constantly rebooting and the image comes and goes. If any of you had this problem and can provide a solution it would be great. Since I can see myself on the screen, it looks software related problem %99. This is from the system info : 

USB Video Device:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_5967 ProductID_5912

Unique ID: 0x1a120000174f1718

And this is from the usb tab : 

USB Video Device:

Product ID: 0x1718

Vendor ID: 0x174f

Version: 1.04

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Sunplus iT Co

Location ID: 0x1a120000 / 4

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

USB 3.0 looks installed but can't detect my Seagate extension drive with usb 3.0 cable somehow. Here are details :

USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus:

Host Controller Location: Built-in USB

Host Controller Driver: GenericUSBXHCI

PCI Device ID: 0x1000 

PCI Revision ID: 0x0004 

PCI Vendor ID: 0x1b73 

Bus Number: 0x0f 

So if anyone has updated to Yosemite and has working stuff listed above it would be great to have some help. One other thing is I can't follow which kext is installed and properly working for a certain device. On some screenshots you shared I saw a list of kexts with ticks on left of them. Can't see something like that. After installing kexts I can't be sure if they are properly installed ( with permissions etc.) I hope I don't need to re-install Yosemite every time to fix this problem with kexts - I am using Kext Utility v2.6.1 BTW.

And one other question to N53S hackintosh users ; is your fan always working ? Mine is always on ( I don't have an option in BIOS for this ) , even if no process is going on the computer ( idle state ). Not disturbing soundwise but kinda worried.
  • Like 2

Camera is the biggest problem.  <_< It works , but restarts itself every 2 second. So when I open up Skype or FaceTime it is constantly rebooting and the image comes and goes. If any of you had this problem and can provide a solution it would be great. Since I can see myself on the screen, it looks software related problem %99. This is from the system info : 

I use clover boot to boot yosemite on an N53SM and i had that issue here but i fixed erasing my EFI partition and reinstalling clover

• Like 2

I use clover boot to boot yosemite on an N53SM and i had that issue here but i fixed erasing my EFI partition and reinstalling clover

Hi ! so you basically recommend switching to clover ? No other solutions ? Which kext are you using for camera drivers?

Hi there..

Any chance you can post your steps ?

at least how did you install with clover ?

what settings do i need on clover ?

thanks

• 4 months later...

what did you use to get sound and fn keys working? I am using VoohooHDA for sound, it's great but would prefer stock AppleHDA if possible. I also am experiencing the same issues you're listing, except my wi-fi is always booted as turned off, and I have put the laptop into sleep mode and then wake it in order to turn on wi-fi. I actually don't mind this hassle at all. I am also having those other issues you're listing. However given my experiences with hackintosh in the past, I consider this a good build.

what did you use to get sound and fn keys working? I am using VoohooHDA for sound, it's great but would prefer stock AppleHDA if possible. I also am experiencing the same issues you're listing, except my wi-fi is always booted as turned off, and I have put the laptop into sleep mode and then wake it in order to turn on wi-fi. I actually don't mind this hassle at all. I am also having those other issues you're listing. However given my experiences with hackintosh in the past, I consider this a good build.

Sir , can your share your extra folder and which programs you used for usb .  :(