[GUIDE] Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mavericks 10.9.1 on ASUS N53SN/N53SV/N53SM Notebooks

eng_matt

178 posts in this topic

Hello, 

Yesterday I successfully managed to install OSX 10.8.2 on ASUS N53SV-SX062V. I wanted to have a quick boot so I decided to go with a 120 Gb SSD from OCZ like this one. 

The way I installed is I guess much more hassle free than what was described here but still I have used some of the info to make the final adjustments. 

I now have almost fully working set up: 

MacBook Pro :D

2,00 Ghz Intel Core i7

4Gb of Ram (I have to upgrade those to 8-12)

Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile 384 MB

All of the components are working perfectly except the NVIDIA GT540M - which is apparently impossible to run on hackintosh. 

I cannot say that I know if the card reader works since I haven't checked it, but other than that I was quite surprised - keyboard, fn key, brightness, bluetooth, wifi, system sensors work really good.

To make those work I used some of your kexts and some of other ones that I have found on the web. 

The only issue I am having is that the bluetooth is not working when the laptop is coming out of sleep. 

I also have some screen refreshing horizontal bars from time to time, but I cannot say that this is something that is coming up all the time. 

I am actually quite surprised that it's so stable, especially because I had bad experiences using voodoo for sound.

If anyone is interested I can share how I did it with all the necessary steps etc. 

For my install I used myHack and LatitudeOSX compiled extra folder and dsdt file for ASUS N53SV i5 version.

It sounds complicated but it actually is pretty simple. The installation goes really really smooth, although myHack takes ages to set up on USB key. 

If anyone needs this info I will be happy to help. 

Peace

• Like 2

Hello, 

Yesterday I successfully managed to install OSX 10.8.2 on ASUS N53SV-SX062V. I wanted to have a quick boot so I decided to go with a 120 Gb SSD from OCZ like this one. 

The way I installed is I guess much more hassle free than what was described here but still I have used some of the info to make the final adjustments. 

2,00 Ghz Intel Core i7

All of the components are working perfectly except the NVIDIA GT540M - which is apparently impossible to run on hackintosh. 

I cannot say that I know if the card reader works since I haven't checked it, but other than that I was quite surprised - keyboard, fn key, brightness, bluetooth, wifi, system sensors work really good.

To make those work I used some of your kexts and some of other ones that I have found on the web. 

The only issue I am having is that the bluetooth is not working when the laptop is coming out of sleep. 

I also have some screen refreshing horizontal bars from time to time, but I cannot say that this is something that is coming up all the time. 

I am actually quite surprised that it's so stable, especially because I had bad experiences using voodoo for sound.

If anyone is interested I can share how I did it with all the necessary steps etc. 

For my install I used myHack and LatitudeOSX compiled extra folder and dsdt file for ASUS N53SV i5 version.

It sounds complicated but it actually is pretty simple. The installation goes really really smooth, although myHack takes ages to set up on USB key. 

Peace

Under 10.9 no more issues with intel HD3000

• Like 1

Hello, 

2,00 Ghz Intel Core i7

Peace

Please share the kexts you used and your installation steps. I also have a N53SV but I had no success with the usb and extra files provided by eng_matt, I have a powermanagement panic when trying to install from usb, and I'd rather not mess up with flashing the bios. I will try myHack method right now  :D

Hey. I've got a n53sm laptop. Original dsdt (from pack1 and pack2) didn't worked for me perfectly - I had issues with video (4 cloned screen were displayed all at once instead of one screen as it should be) and with wifi (didn't worked at all for some reason) so after some investigation I found dsdt where that worker (I don't remember where through). But with that dsdt sleep mode wasn't working (immediatly wakeup after sleep). So I patched this second dsdt with one of devices code from first dsdt and that allowed sleep mode.

Code is 

Device (EHC2)

{
                Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x03))
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x13)
                        {
                            "device-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x26, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x02
                            }, 

"device_type", 
                            Buffer (0x05)
                            {
                                "EHCI"
                            }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                            0x0834, 
                            "AAPL,current-extra", 
                            0x0898, 
                            "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 
                            0x0640, 
                            "AAPL,device-internal", 
                            0x02, 
                            "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
                            0x0834, 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

So patched dsdt in attachment. Works for me so far. I hope it will be helpful for n53sm guys.

dsdt_n53sm.aml.zip

• Like 1

i have a n53sm perfect woking with bios patched.  what is your asus specification?

Hey. I've got a n53sm laptop. Original dsdt (from pack1 and pack2) didn't worked for me perfectly - I had issues with video (4 cloned screen were displayed all at once instead of one screen as it should be) and with wifi (didn't worked at all for some reason) so after some investigation I found dsdt where that worker (I don't remember where through). But with that dsdt sleep mode wasn't working (immediatly wakeup after sleep). So I patched this second dsdt with one of devices code from first dsdt and that allowed sleep mode.

Code is 

So patched dsdt in attachment. Works for me so far. I hope it will be helpful for n53sm guys.

i have a n53sm perfect woking with bios patched.  what is your asus specification?

i7 2670QM 6GB RAM 750GB HDD GeForceGT630M+Intel video Atheros AR928X wifi and so on. Looks like a common configuration for this model.

I didn't patched BIOS at all through.

i7 2670QM 6GB RAM 750GB HDD GeForceGT630M+Intel video Atheros AR928X wifi and so on. Looks like a common configuration for this model.

I didn't patched BIOS at all through.

Same as mine!  If you need something let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,is it possible to install it in ASUS N43S and can it be upgraded to mountain lion 10.8.4? My specs are :

Intel Core i5 2430m 2,4ghz

Geforce GT540m 2GB

8GB Ram

Atheros AR9285 wifi and so on

Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

2,00 Ghz Intel Core i7

Peace

Hello,

did you create install disk with 10.8.0 and then upgraded to 10.8.2 or did you create USB install with 10.8.2 ?

Any chance you could describe your steps ?

Hello Guys,

First off thanks for this forum. its really helped a lot of us not so experts at this hobby.  :)

this is my issue, maybe someone can help me with this ..

My SPECS: N53SV-dh7 with the i7 2670QM 2.2GHz processor and 8GB RAM 

I created a USB install with 10.8.2 using the my hack method and the OSXlatitude N53S i5 Extra bootpack however it did not work.

then i created a 10.8.0 USB install using my hack and the OSXlatitude N53S i5 Extra bootpack that worked !!

but after install all i had working was video and ethernet,

then i downloaded the N53S drivers folder posted at the beginning of the thread.

First the keyboard and trakpad kext.

then i had the laptop keyboard and trackpad working.

to get the sound i used the VODOOO kext and (VERY IMPORTANT) deleted appleHDA kext. (trial  and error here .. lol)

then i used the usb 3.0 kext and that worked like a charm.

Only problem with machine is that if it goes to sleep machine crashes. (doesnt wake up ) other than that everything works fine.

Here is my problem, when i downloaded the 10.8.2 combo update after it finished and i rebooted i had a kernel panic.

so i used my hack and ran myfix for to fix permissions and also did a "remove problematic kext"

That didnt work.

So i ended up rolling back to 10.8.0 using TIME MACHINE.

I strongly recommend once you have a system partially working using time machine to back it up, it will save you so much time later.. Again trial and error here...  ;)

Im guessing thats why the 10.8.2 install USB did not work.

Can anyone help me with this Kernel Panic ?

" Notice - new kext com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem, v1.8 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables are the same "

i have attached a picture of the screen.

any help will be appreciated .

BTW: are there any kext/files i should delete after installation to have a clean system ?

-----

it seems i cannot attach a picture ..

where is the attach button ?

Edited by Mister7000

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys. :)

I have successfully installed ML 10.8.1 10.8.5 (as Mac Book Pro 8.2 8.3) on my Asus N53SV-sz586v but I have some issue.

(This is my first hackintosh, and this is the first time I use a Mac OS = I'm a n00b :P)

My English is pretty poor, so I'll resume my issues in point to explain me better.

1. In the login screen, the login box appears in the bottom right corner. It seems as the resolution is set to 1920x1080px but for a bigger monitor. Every time, after login, I have to go to the settings to switch to another resolution and restore 1920x1080, then it works fine. Can I solve this? I removed all graphic kexts and added those that are attached in the first post of this thread.

2. I've tried some kexts posted in this thread related to wifi, but no one works for me. Can it depend from the fact that I've installed 10.8.1 instead of 10.8.2?

3. I followed the tutotial linked in the first post of this thread to install OS X, but reading other threads there are references to Extra folder that I haven't used at all; I put all the kext I found in this thread in S/L/E overwriting some of those that were already there. Morover, I have seen that there is also another Extensions folder... Is it fine that I put all kexts in S/L/E or should I put some of them in Extra and/or in the secodary Extensions folder?

4. Now... I have Win7 and OS X, I would like to install Linux... Will grub be fine with OS X? At the moment, I'm booting via my usb drive with Cameleon.

5. Lastly, if I would update from 10.8.1 to .2 (or .5), how should I procede? And there are a lot of changes between 10.8.1 and .2 (or .5)?

Regards,

MaxSteel

Edited by MaxSteel

I'm running 10.8.5 no problem..

Look

How easy it is, you don't need to do a fresh install.

It doesn't matter what version of 10.8.x you are on.

Just remove all instances of VoodooHda.kext

Use my hack and do a full MyFix

Go to AppStore and upgrade to 10.8.5

After reboot Now you have 10.8.5 but no sound.

Go and delete applehda.kext

Reboot computer and make sure NO AppleHda kext are loaded. (I used kext wizard to verify)

Then drop VoodooHda.kext in E/E

Reboot machine using your install USB drive and run MyFix again (Full).

Restart and you are done !!

Now you have 10.8.5 and Sound.

I might have taken extra steps, but that's what worked for me.

I also have successfully updated to 10.8.5. Just update broke my AICPUM as I was using patched version of this kext. 

If anyone is interested I could post instructions on how to achieve native CPU management with Turbo Boost.

I am definitely interested.

What is the AICPUM ?

Also, when you say native CPU management, does that allows for all 8 Cores to be utilized by the OS ?

I find that when i look at the CPU graph one core is used the other not, then one is used then other not. Etc..

What kext are you using for the battery management ? I ask cause my battery always say 0%.

Thanks.

By native I mean Apple :) AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext Therefore you won't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext

For the battery I use kexts which are attached to the first post, from the folder "Batarya"

so, the how to:

1. Download this archive: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3112503/AICPUPM.zip

it contains patched AICPUPM.kext, correct FakeSMC.kext with plugins for monitoring and SSDT script, for generating your own.

2. Generate your own SSDT and compile it according to this guide: Guide for generating your own SSDT

I have 2450m, so I have entered: 

sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh 35 3100

TDP=35w and 3100 comes from - max frequency (2500mhz) + max turbo states * 100 (6*100). So in that way we get 2500+600=3100

Finally put your generated SSDT to Extra folder. Make sure it's the correct SSDT as otherwise you'll get KP.

3. Edit your DSDT. Here's the patch, just apply it using DSDT editor (copy the whole code into text file). This patch is only for SANDY BRIDGE laptops. Compile your DSDT and save it to the Extra folder.

# Change methods _STA and _CRS into device HPET (to avoid AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement panic)
#
into method label _STA parent_hid PNP0103 remove_entry;
into device name_hid PNP0103 insert
begin
Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    Return (0x0F)\n
}
end;
into method label _CRS parent_hid PNP0103 remove_entry;
into device name_hid PNP0103 insert
begin
Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    Return (BUF0)\n
}
end

4. Now delete from /S/L/E and /E/E NullCPUPowerManagement.kext - this is a essential step as you will get KP if you won't and also SleepEnabler.kext and EvOReboot.kext

5. Delete old FakeSMC and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts (make sure you don't have them in /E/E too)

6. Using Kext Utility app (or any such app of your choice) install the given AICPUPM.kext and FakeSMC.kext

7. Edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist (using chameleon wizard), check 'DropSSDT' and uncheck 'Generate C/P-States'

8. Make sure you have done everything as I wrote and restart. Just to be sure first few times boot with -F flag.

To check if everything works, use MSRDumper.kext or HWMonitor app.

and if you get KP in the beginning - it's AICPUPM.kext's fault, if you get KP just before desktop - it's SSDT's fault (you're using the wrong one)

Good luck! I have to say though that I can't achieve full Turbo Boost, only 2.9Ghz, not 3.1Ghz. Anyway it is still better than 2.5Ghz with NullCPUPowerManagement

• Like 1

Hi,

First off let me say thank you for such a detailed procedure.

Is this procedure for overclocking / making your CPU i turbo mode or are there other advantages to doing this ?

Like getting sleep mode to actually work.

But now Let me ask you: is your CPU quad core ?

And If so, when you go to see your CPU graph, does it shows activity in all graphs ?

I ask cause I'm lookin for a fix to my issue in which on my computer the first graph shows activity, the second one does not, third one active the 4th no activity, etc.

It's as if only 4 of the 8 cores are working. However about this Mac correctly indicates I have a quad core Proccessor.

Thanks.

it's not over clocking, we're just using native Turbo Mode, which you get in Windows. We get more CPU speed states, so transitions between them is more smooth, so you get smother user experience and better battery life. With no native CPU management I had only 2 states 800mhz and 2500mhz, now I have 7 states, ranging from 800mhz to 2900mhz (1200, 1600 and so on). The only problem is that my CPU has turbo boost of 3.1ghz (that's what i get in windows) and in OSX I get only 2.9ghz.

I have dual core CPU with 2 physical cores and 2 software cores, so Activity Monitor shows 4 graphs and they all have some activity.

As you have quad core cpu, you should have 8 graphs in Activity Monitor.

Try using my guide to achieve native CPUPM and your problem will be gone (it should be)!

Today I've successfully updated to Mavericks

Screenshot%202013-10-08%2017.29.26.png

created bootable USB with myHack, copied my smbios.plist to usb's /Extra/ folder and that's all! you may need to backup your Extra folder as myHack can try to overwrite it and it's not possible to boot without correct smbios.plist (8,1 or 8,2). 

Actually even when installing 10.8 you don't need to replace any Intel HD kexts, just copy correct smbios to Extra folder