• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

S. Lee

S. Lee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Was wondering if I can install 10.7.x or 10.8.x on new laptop HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC.

Has ivy bridge 3rd gen i7-3610 CPU and 16 gig ram and Nvidia 630 GT switched with Intel HD 4000 video.

Tried 10.6.x and all panic kernals on start.... will pay $10 or $20 for full install and mostly working hardware.....

I'm a newbie and don't know anything about kexts and Mac related....send me an email or post...

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
10.8 is possible, 10.6 is too old for ivy bridge. I helped another user install it on his HP ivy bridge i7, he's probably posting a guide soon. He had to swap out the mini PCIe wifi and bluetooth for a compatible one, USB3 and card reader don't work.

S. Lee

S. Lee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks eep357.. I did get the Intel Pro wireless N card and bluetooth.... Spent a lot of money on this HP laptop....don't like the graphics switching...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy