Sony Vaio SVT1311V2ES

Iceman

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

i bought this ultrabook on august and i would like to install Mountain Lion on it.

Specifications:

i5 3315u

4GB ram

32gb SSD + 320GB SATA

Intel Graphics HD4000

I have "the classic" Mountain Lion 8GB pen "prepared" to boot on hackintosh, but i got Still Waiting for Root Device. Tried all combination, nothing changes.

Tried to boot with PCIRootUID=1 (or 0), npci=0x2000, -x -v, GraphicsEnabler=yes (or no)

Can't get Installation to start

Any ideas?

Thank you

Sorry, USB drive access is actually problem at this point.

2 things you can try:

USBBusFix=Yes

When you are at chameleon boot menu, unplug and replug your usb, or move it to different usb port, wait a couple seconds and hit F5 to refresh, choose installer and continue booting

check bios usb settings, usb3 disable, legacy mode, ehci handoff, etc. and try other ports

can also try selecting root manually, at boot prompt type rd=hd(0,2)

first number is the disk# and 2nd is partition#. It should be 0,2 but can try other disk #'s and partitions too

There are no options on this fuxxing sony bios!

Anyway, i don't know what concern change boot prompt type... i am able to boot, the problem is that kexts does not load disks... but, if "-f" is able to scan all kext, i suppose it's absolutely not a boot related problem.

what? You said you could not get to the installation to install OSX and that -f didn't help, and that you were using a USB stick which would get stuck at "still waiting for root device", is this not the case?

Yes, but "still waiting for root device", come over the kext scan... if USB device would not be visible, it should not read kext by kext on "-x" option...

Still waiting for root device come AFTER boot...

• 2 weeks later...

I switched my Sony to a Samsung NP900X4C. Even with Ivy Bridge, i7. Same problem. Tried all possible kext, always get Still Waiting for root device, even changing bios settings.

No way to see an Ivy Bridge booting Lion or Mountain Lion Installation!! :wallbash: