2 replies to this topic

aabmass

aabmass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello all,

I have an HP DV6-7014nr (details in signature). I'm still trying to install OS X Mountain Lion from a USB stick. I'm having problems with the DSDT I tried to patch with MaLd0n's auto patcher for my system. When I try to boot up into the installer, I get a "Still waiting for root device" error unless I use "USBBusFix=Yes." Even then, the USB stick will only boot into the installer if I use the 1 USB 2 port, the other 3 USB 3 ports on my computer give the root device error.

So, when I finally got into the installer, it can't see my hard drive. Maybe this is a BIOS problem??? I'm not sure. I wanted to try something, so I installed OS X to a 16GB flash drive. That won't boot, no matter which USB port I use, I get the root device error and something like "unable to take control from BIOS."

When I patched with MaLd0n's auto patcher, iasl recompiled my DSDT with 5 errors. I'm uploading my original DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl that I extracted from linux.

Thank you for any help!!

Attached Files

aabmass

aabmass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Tell me if you need more info to help me!

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,707 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

try this one

Attached File  DSDT.zip   31.5KB   12 downloads

if u use chameleon.. must patch appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext

and use ssdt

i don't know if u need to use lapic fix

read and apply

http://olarila.com/f...php?f=28&t=1703

good hack

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HP, DV6, DSDT, patch, ACPI, Linux

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy