Low performance CPU on ML with GA-Z68X-UD3-B3

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I installed ML on GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 with i7 @ 3,4GHz. Everything works very well (audio, video, lan, sata etc...). And everyting seems fast (better then SL). The only thing is... It seems I have a low performance cpu. I run geek bench and gain a score of 5000 on integer and 9000 on floating point (see attachment). It seems strange because the same processor can gain over 10000 (I see it on other bench test on this forum and other ones). Now, I ask if it is possible to tune up the system (I mean cpu performance). Any idea?

Thanks!

PS: there is a very important difference between single-core and multi-core operation. And this seems strange...

post-687830-0-17693000-1350279971_thumb.png

Did you patch your dsdt? Which method did you use to install OSX?

This is very strange indeed. My AMD Athlon II X2 dual core processor, running Snow Leopard 32-bit (with 64-bit userland), with only one memory stick (clocking 1033, appearing in the benchmarks as 533!) just got a score of 4408!

Now i ran Geekbench for my Intel hack, I5 3570K, 8GB 1600mHz RAM. Got 11203, and it was backing up.

It just occurs to me right now: isn't your CPU a Sandy Bridge one? I remember reading about an underclocking issue with Sandy Bridges, with them running as low as 1600 mHz. Of course, it was on Lion, i think ML offers better support for it plus Ivy Bridge support. Anyway, maybe this signals that your hardware isn't malfunctioning at all, is just some bug of the OS, and perhaps the same issue you're experiencing was already adressed.

I simply used the classical guide for ML. That is:

1. Create installation USB pen drive with beast

2. Install ML

3. Download DSDT (same bios revision - F13) for my mainboard, renamed DSDT.aml and apply beast. Choose ALC889 with DSDT.

Everything works good, but no good performance as for geek :wallbash:

eep357, do you mean I have to try with different system definitions? Can I try to modify it using Beast, right?

I simply used the classical guide for ML. That is:

1. Create installation USB pen drive with beast

2. Install ML

3. Download DSDT (same bios revision - F13) for my mainboard, renamed DSDT.aml and apply beast. Choose ALC889 with DSDT.

Everything works good, but no good performance as for geek :wallbash:

eep357, do you mean I have to try with different system definitions? Can I try to modify it using Beast, right?

Classical guide to having problems post install, I know that guide didn't come from here. Glad you got it sorted out though :)

• Like 1