I've been successfully running Mac OS on my Asus P5K machine with an Intel Q6600 for quite a few years starting with Snow Leopard and was most recently on Lion 10.7.4 with everything working using:
- spanakorizo's dsdt.aml from the thread http://www.insanelym...ack-pearl-only/
- Chameleon (latest version)
- fakesmc v3.1
- VooDooHDA 2.7.2 for sound
- evoreboot.kext to help with sleep/restart performance
I've never had any graphics problems with the 8800GT before, it has always seemed very compatible.
To test I have created a new ML installation from scratch and installed Chameleon and fakesmc. I have been careful to take things one step at a time so I tried booting without the dsdt.aml and made an interesting discovery - I don't need the dsdt.aml after all!
It doesn't seem to make any difference either way, so I've removed it. I presume this is due to improvements over the years in Chameleon.
In ML I lost ethernet, so I installed the realtek drivers which fixed that. But I still have this frustrating lag!
So far I've tried:
- installing the latest official nvidia drivers for Mac (which were released last week and list the 8800GT as supported) - this makes no difference at all.
- Upgrading fakesmc to the latest version - this made no difference either.
- Flagging GraphicsEnabler=0 on boot too, this just results in a black screen after boot (as I expected, as the 8800GT isn't a card with supports this AFAIK).
Surely my 8800GT is powerful enough to deliver the graphics when ML is basically idling? It can't be new graphics card time already, can it?!
Can anyone help?