Is it possible to extract the vnilla Framebuffer personality?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lord Kamina

Lord Kamina

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
So... I've been thinking about this whole thing and been cracking my head editing different personalities to get my card to work fully.
Then I thought... well, if the default "ATY,ATIFramebuffer" personality picks the connectors up right... well, isn't that defined somewhere?

And IORegistry says it's in the ATISupport.kext... but, none of the ati-personality scripts allow for extracting anything out of that file (or equivalent)...
So the question is, is that connector table stored in a different format or is it just that the developers thought nobody would ever want to see it?

RobertX

RobertX

InSanelyMac Maverick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
....my thought is that the connectors are picked up on-the-fly...and as such are not defined...i may however...be corrected on this... :smoke:

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
Go to #18 in my guide:

http://rampagedev.wo...to-a-dsdt-36-2/

I think that is what you are looking for.

RobertX

RobertX

InSanelyMac Maverick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Go to #18 in my guide:

http://rampagedev.wo...to-a-dsdt-36-2/

I think that is what you are looking for.

...he's referring to the default framebuffer ATY,ATYRadeonFramebuffer...pictured here Attached File  IOregistry, ATY,RadeonFramebuffer.png   144.05KB   22 downloads ...which loads for me when not using GraphicsEnabler=Yes ...and i'll reiterate, it does not seem to be a hard-coded personality as such... :smoke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy