7 replies to this topic

thesaz123

thesaz123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Xbox 360, Battlefield 3, Music
So this weekend, I'm planning on installing OS X Lion on my Asus K53E via iATKOS L2. The thing is, this is the laptop I use for school, and I don't want to mess anything up on the existing harddrive. So my question is, if I got another 2.5 inch SATA HDD for my laptop, could I take out the existing HDD, put the new one in, install Lion, then be able to take out that HDD and put my old one back in, and still have windows 7 and all my documents and stuff? I hope I have this explained correctly.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,647 posts
Hi

Yes, you can !

thesaz123

thesaz123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi

Yes, you can !

Simple and straight to the point. Thank you!

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,070 posts
Hi..

why not an external HD...?

c.frio

thesaz123

thesaz123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Because, C.Frio, I can get a 320GB laptop HDD from a friend for free, and I'm a high schooler with no job, so I need to save as much money as I can

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
Better still if you don't need the dvd drive you can get a caddy that lets you put a hard drive in its place. The you can have a windows drive and an os x drive

thesaz123

thesaz123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I've actually considered that, rockinron_1, but this is a cheaper solution for now, and I actually use my disk drive quite frequently.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
http://eshop.macsale...ch/U3NVSPATAOB/ a couple days lunch money :) Or the even cheaper route I use, take the sata to usb connector board out of an old USB hard drive case and use it on any sata drive for a quick usb connection. This is a great way to get large sata drives for less then the ones meant to be installed internally (don't know why they are cheaper) and get a free USB to sata adapter along with it. Works for 3.5in drives only as laptop sized externals tend to have proprietary connection to the usb board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy