tv tuners with 10.4.6 or .7

tha_toadman

44 posts in this topic

(mcdull @ Nov 12 2006, 11:54 AM) *

are there any software for Philips SAA713x cards?

Depends. I read that Fly Video 3000 cards work with the AlchemyTV software. (That is a saa7134 based tv card. I have that, but not tested yet.)

i have a philips 7130 based tv tuner... alchemyTV software doesnt detect my card... are there any kext, hacks other drivers or procedures for our card to work??

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, Just got leo working no problems and trying to get all my hardware working. Wondering has anyone attempted to get their pci digital tuner cards working in osx86?

while searching for drivers i came across this site which has drivers for mac for many of the popular Digital Tuner cards

http://defyne.org/dvb/driver.html

I gave it a quick try but my card was not detected, i assume it has something to do with having the right kexts or kernals (i dont really understand that stuff) or something because of where the card is on my motherboard. But i really have no idea.

Has anyone tried to get their pci digital tuner card to work?

One funny thing after the install is that my Audigy sound card doesn't work of course but the firewire on it does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

• 1 month later...

@ Anacondaq: try Chun-Nan's kexts (see my sig)

@ all: I need a PCMCIA or Express Card slot solution for my Laptop (NOT USB). Which PCMCIA or Express slot DVB-T cards work with iHacks?

Thanks,

Bugs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

leadtek tv2000 xp global does NOT work on 10.5.2 or .3 ... something about the mminputfamilly not working in leopard (edit :apparently it doesn't work in intel 10.4.11 either), it's a known problem that upgrading to leopard breaks the itv app.

So i am curious nenad5 what is the distro you used and with which kernel of 10.5.1 you used? Thanks for your reply. And what setup ...

Anyway i am going to test this the next days and post back results. I'm not giving up on this. Bought the card only for this ( don't reply it's a cheap card, i know that, that's why i bought it -_- )

Update: On kallyway 10.5.1 it scans for channels but hangs, same thing it does in tiger xxx 10.4.11

weird, i'll investigate further

on trying to kextload the mminputfamily.kext there are some errors:kernel extension

/System/Library/Extensions/MMInputFamily.kext has problems:
Missing dependencies:
{
"com.apple.kernel.iokit" = 
	"No valid version of this dependency can be found"
"com.apple.kernel.libkern" = 
	"No valid version of this dependency can be found"
}
Warnings:
{
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true
}

in other words .... BUMP

Any ideas ?

it seems there is no actual support for intelmac concerning pci tuner cards. The itv and xtv project is long dead and needs to be revived. That is to be expected for a operating system built on exclusivity idea.

• 2 months later...

Bringing this thread back to life:

I recently bought the Hauppauge 950 (black) USB tuner. I found that this card will work perfectly with a hackintosh (specs below) provided that one uses the current 3.0.3 version software. A certain green demon has this available. Previous versions of this software do not detect the tuner.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 USB DVB-T sticks. Bouth are made by Hama, and both work with MediaCentral (automaticly recognized as Miglia Mini TV) with no bugs and problems. Exept 5min demo mode :thumbsdown_anim:

EyeTV find stations, have a sound but picture are freezed at first frame all the time.

USB's are:

Hama USB 2.0 mini DVB-T Stick (http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tv-cards/hama-usb-2-0-mini-dvb-t-stick/)

Hama DVB-T USB 2.0 Stick (http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tv-cards/hama-dvb-t-usb-2-0-stick/).

EDIT: miniDVB does not work with EyeTV!

Other one with remote works, I just needed to turn off roseta in info.

• 3 weeks later...