Bootdisk Utility

cvad
241 posts in this topic

*sighs*

Just checked its not a virus scanner or Windows Defender interfering with anything, its not. Other direct USB disk access utilities work fine too (HP boot reformat, the Linux Universal USB Boot installer, etc) with no problem (could it have anything to do with my using UEFI native mode out of curiocity?). Tried Win7 compatibility mode, made sure it is running with admin privileges. This is just nuts. Anyways would it be possible to get the manual steps this tool is automating so I can do it myself? I am just wondering what extra steps are needed and exactly what Chameleon files need to be copied over after the Clover manual USB install. I have gotten the /Extra folder copied over with the smbios & chameleon plist with the Themes folder moved over. Is it just Chameleon's boot1h I need to move over as boot1 to USB root for everything to work or are there other files from the i386 folder I need to move over. I am using Enoch r2188 release as a manual base and am getting a bit confused since the basic Chameleon documentation hasn't been updated since early 2.1 days in most places. x.x

Thanks in advance for any help, wish your great utility worked for me.

I want to boot my USB with UEFI, but when choose USB to boot, black screen appeared and nothing, if I turn off secure boot then choose boot file: cloverx64.efi, it can boot to USB, but not always, sometimes get black screen error.

I also don't know how to extract mac ML installer to usb to get clover recoginze the installer :(

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried with BDUtility itself? > #7

Good work cVaD :thumbsup_anim:

Thank You ! I understand why I had an error : I didnt know how to use BootUtility correctly.

" extract another resulting InstallESD\InstallMacOSX.pkg\InstallESD.dmg into InstallESD\InstallMacOSX.pkg\InstallESD with 7-Zip

- this will result in InstallESD\InstallMacOSX.pkg\InstallESD\3.hfs file - the image of HFS+ volume"

This 3.hfs file is the right file to use.

• 1 month later...

how to make different partition i've tried with lion and the usb partition become only 1

Once you open BDUtility, directly go to Options > Configurations > then check Multi Partitioning :)

can i use it to make a (FULL) Hybrid USB boot disk?

i mean:

BIOS / (u)EFI

Windows (setup) / *nix (live and setup) / MAC (real mac an hackintosh)

Grub (legacy, grub2, grub4dos) or burg or LILO or SYSLINUX

Clover or Chameleon use some kind of MBR/PBR bootsector ?

I have 6 bootable pendrives/sticks:

32GB Kingston HC MicroSD (with MicroSD to usb adaptor)

Easy2boot 1v30.4

Windows XP home/pro sp3 (x86)
Windows Vista/7/8/2k3/2k8/2012 (all versions x86 and x64)
Ubuntu 10.04/12.04
Debian 6 (DVD 1 install)
Fedora 18 (x86_x64)
Hirens
UBCD
all a lot of bootable diagnostic tools like memtest, hdat...

16GB Sandisk

Grub4DOS
Manually made with all windows x86_x64 versions
Hirens
UBCD

8GB Kingston

Ubuntu 12.04 x86 installed

2x 4GB Sandisk with other tools

8GB Sandisk with Montain Lion made by BDUTILITY ^^

but i want to use only ONE 500GB HDD USB Universal with all bootable softwares as possible to use on it

is possible to use my HDD to make ALL IN ONE BOOTABLE?

What is IMPOSSIBLE TO DO? and What is POSSIBLE TO DO?

can i use it to make a (FULL) Hybrid USB boot disk?

i mean:

BIOS / (u)EFI

Windows (setup) / *nix (live and setup) / MAC (real mac an hackintosh)

Grub (legacy, grub2, grub4dos) or burg or LILO or SYSLINUX

Clover or Chameleon use some kind of MBR/PBR bootsector ?

i want to use only ONE 500GB HDD USB Universal with all bootable softwares as possible to use on it

is possible to use my HDD to make ALL IN ONE BOOTABLE?

What is IMPOSSIBLE TO DO? and What is POSSIBLE TO DO?

BdU was created for new hackintosh users only for simplify the installation of a Clover to the flash drive.

But you can use Clover bootloader for boot all you systems:

Main Features

Boot into 10.4 - 10.8 OSX, Windows EFI and Linux EFI

Boot into LegacyOS (WindowsXP, Linux, DOS) by their bootsectors

For more information about it, read the relevant forum topics - Clover General discussion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I really dont understand how to use this I think.

I created the USB Disk with on partition 1 the clover image and om partition 2 i have restored my 2.hfts partition which was created from my 10.8.4 dmg file via the BDutility.

If i boot from the created USB I get the Clover startup screen, and there I can choose to boot from all my HD's but not from my in BDUtility created 2nd partition with the 2.hfs file restored on it USB-stick.

The USB stick is created with 2 partitions, p1 is the clover partition, p2 is the 2.hfs partition. Why dont i see this p2-USB-stick not in the list of bootable disks in the Clover screen?

...from my 10.8.4 dmg file...

•  Try this first:

7z.exe x -tXar -r InstallESD.dmg InstallESD.dmg

Then use another resulting InstallESD.dmg with BDU.

• Like 1

•  Try this first:

7z.exe x -tXar -r InstallESD.dmg InstallESD.dmg

Then use another resulting InstallESD.dmg with BDU.

same for me , clover doesnt founds any  media  which contains  installation files(not even distro's) except a HDD which already had MAC os preinstalled :S

• 1 month later...

So, i have installed the Clover Bootloader to my USB Device. Now when i Boot into BIOS and check, the USB is there to Boot. Now i Boot it, and it gets black, a white underscore flashes some seconds, and then, it shows me the number 7 in the upper left corner. No more. I tried with many USB devices now. And Safeboot is Turned Off in my BIOS. I got an ASUS K56CM Laptop. Oh and UEFI is of course supported.

thanks mate :D

Edit: No luck. Even from the guide, everything i did in the BIOS as described followed again with the number 7, and with the USB Installer to "Reboot and select proper boot device", even after everything was correct setup in the BIOS. And for the BDUtility i used a Transcend 2GB USB. No luck. And for the OS X Image (Burned to USB with Win32Imager), it only gives me the "Reboot and select proper boot device". Help :(

thanks mate :D

Edit: No luck. Even from the guide, everything i did in the BIOS as described followed again with the number 7, and with the USB Installer to "Reboot and select proper boot device", even after everything was correct setup in the BIOS. And for the BDUtility i used a Transcend 2GB USB. No luck. And for the OS X Image (Burned to USB with Win32Imager), it only gives me the "Reboot and select proper boot device". Help :(

The boot process is very specific for each set of hardware. It is better to ask for help on the above topics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...