Ati Xfx 6970 Mountain Lion 10.8.2

skypete

7 posts in this topic

Hello all i read everthing about this card to get it up and running i installed the native ati 6970 package nothing i even tried to edit the plist to make the graphics look better nothing can someone please help with getting this card working step by step also will help others who are having the same problem any help is appreciated alos i read that mountain lion would support this card out the box please help thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a Mac Pro Early 2008 Quad Processor with 12 Gb RAM. I'm trying to get a Radeon/AMD Gigabyte 6970 video card to work on it. I've tried a fresh 10.8.2 installation with latest software updates. If I add the card with my original card in situ to check video etc and boot up into an ML recovery partition, both graphics cards are operational with a display hooked up to each. If I try to boot up from the fresh HD, the Apple logo shows, it goes through the boot sequence and then goes black and re-boots. If left on it will continue to do this until powered down via the on switch. I tried swapping the framework files from a 2012 retina display Mac Pro as suggested by Netkas but that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. It works with an Apple supplied 5770 but I wanted to get a bit of extra juice going and since I read that 10.8.2 has the drivers for this card, I thought I would give it a go. If anyone would have any helpful suggestions or who has succeeded in getting a similar card working, I would be happy to communicate.

Update after a couple of days. I took the relevant files from a new MBP retina display as per TonyX86 and Netkas and I can get both cards (original and 6970 recognised if I safe boot. However if I boot normally I can get to the login screenand after a while get the finder but it beachballs continuously. I'm going to experiment next with the framework files from an iMac 27" i5 which my wife has simply because the processor is a 6970M. I'll report back when I have some results. If anyone wants to communicate - foulger@macservice.co.nz will get me.