• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
It sets the proper fine ownership for the root /, then repairs file permissions and ownership on the rest of the drive, except it will not repair any permission issues in your user folder. All those having problems are not Apple software, remove Tuxera and the 5 different 3rd party wifi utilities that are all trying to load, where and how did you try installing all of those?

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Cracking, Hacking and Tricking, Creativity and innovations, Social Networking, Counter Strike, M...

It sets the proper fine ownership for the root /, then repairs file permissions and ownership on the rest of the drive, except it will not repair any permission issues in your user folder. All those having problems are not Apple software, remove Tuxera and the 5 different 3rd party wifi utilities that are all trying to load, where and how did you try installing all of those?

only the NTFS-3G is installed by me, rest of all are comes with hazards 10.6.6 DVD itself......and showing errors at startup since 1st time OSX installed.

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Cracking, Hacking and Tricking, Creativity and innovations, Social Networking, Counter Strike, M...
hey Good news. GMA950 working instead of GMA945 ( whats d difference ???) . I made fresh installation with bootx86 option in chameleon bootloader option in customization while installing.

but it arises 2 major problems:
1) it takes hardly 10 minites to up the hackintosh it stucks @ this screen:
Attached File  IMG362.jpg   199.36KB   5 downloads

but if i run "-x -v -f " in chameleon prompt then system up within 1-2 minutes. so help me so as to boot system with normal startup time.

2) and 2nd major problem is , this time my sound is not not working plz help .

3)also at booting it shows this screen......
Attached File  IMG368.jpg   76.38KB   4 downloads

i strictly dont want this screen. i want directly menu for choosing differnt OS. Currently i m having dualboot with XP .

refer this text file. which provides my system info. Attached File  CPUID-CPU-Z.txt   69.78KB   1 downloads

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
The problem is your using a distro, in this case hazard, in which it either installs stuff you don't want/need, or you picked stuff for it to install that you don't need. When in the installation options, you should only check off options for things you know you have and know you need. Really you don't need any internet or audio while it's installing OSX for you anyway. You can add them later. But either way, the less stuff you can choose to install the better, and almost always can't/shouldn't pick more than one option from each category. As for you boot sreen, it's just a Chameleon theme, pick anyone you want using Chameleon Wizard and you can change it to always stop and show OS choices and wait for you to pick, or have it automatically boot whichever OS you prefer after a short count down, which you can also set to however many seconds you want.

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
So what shuold next i do now??? And also i heard that os x is not designed for MBR scheme its only for GPT.?? but i installed on MBR. is there any performance difference between MBR and GPT???

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
not for speed, but the number of logical partitions you can have on a disk are different. MBR can have 4, GUID/GPT essentially unlimited. It's up to you if you want to take lessons learned and reinstall. There's way's to fix just about anything without reinstalling, but it can get tricky.

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Kudos....my boot problem get solved i removed VoodooSDHCI.kext from /system/library/extensions , so now its boot within about a minute. tell me if any other trick there to make fast booting process.

1) i also install Voodoo-HDA-v2.7.4 now my sound is also working. but problem is that after some 15-20 minutes i m getting panic as follows. how to resolv this problem.
Attached File  IMG378.jpg   208.76KB   42 downloads

2)Also tell me how to make efficient processor usage. Bcz while running hackintosh my processor get sucked and produces noise. how to solve this.

3) also problem with time if i correct time in hackintosh it time went wrong in windows and vice versa. hows that???

Attached File  dsdt.zip   25.43KB   0 downloads

my dsdt is attached

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
1) try a different version http://code.google.c.../downloads/list Voodoo can be buggy, but one of them should prove to be stable.

2) Your CPU is below the specs of the MacBook 1,1, the first Apple laptop to use Intel CPU. So every x86 version of OSX has been designed to run a faster CPU. Not a huge gap in performance, but still. Avoid websites with flash and/or install one of the flash blocker extensions for Safari and your CPU usage will go down a lot. Only other option is to pin-mod the CPU to force an over-clock onto it, but I won't get into that here. Depending on type of noise, a good cleaning to get all the lint and dust out can always help (unless you break something while doing it), or the fan could be getting old and bearing making noise at high RPM, if so it will need to be replaced soon.

There are also software like this:
http://alphaomega.so...ccelerator.html , it doesn't actually accelerate your cpu, but prioritizes running processes to make what your doing right then run faster.

3) http://prasys.info/2...ith-osxwindows/

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

1) try a different version http://code.google.c.../downloads/list Voodoo can be buggy, but one of them should prove to be stable.

2) Your CPU is below the specs of the MacBook 1,1, the first Apple laptop to use Intel CPU. So every x86 version of OSX has been designed to run a faster CPU. Not a huge gap in performance, but still. Avoid websites with flash and/or install one of the flash blocker extensions for Safari and your CPU usage will go down a lot. Only other option is to pin-mod the CPU to force an over-clock onto it, but I won't get into that here. Depending on type of noise, a good cleaning to get all the lint and dust out can always help (unless you break something while doing it), or the fan could be getting old and bearing making noise at high RPM, if so it will need to be replaced soon.

There are also software like this:
http://alphaomega.so...ccelerator.html , it doesn't actually accelerate your cpu, but prioritizes running processes to make what your doing right then run faster.

3) http://prasys.info/2...ith-osxwindows/

thanks. but can u explain me about that panic image. what that hex locations telling??? and also how u can say that that panic is only due to voodoo why not bcz of else???

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
I have no idea how to interpret the hex addresses into anything useful, and probably only a few people in the world can. In that image, there is no extension listed as the cause, but usually there is. Only say voodoo because you said, you installed voodoo then started having kernel panics, and voodoo is known to cause kernel panics very easily, especially if AppleHDA.kext has not been removed from S/L/E. So could be because of something else, depending on what else you may have done

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
hey i check option dsdt in chameleon and gives my dsdt . but when i restarted my machine now i m not able to start even my hackintosh in failsafe mode . i m getting panic as follows. but i can access hfs+ partition from windows . so tell me. how to i restore my system. which chameleon file is needed to make changes so as to restore my machine. plz help me

Attached File  IMG393.jpg   136.3KB   1 downloads

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
you cannot use a dsdt that has not been compiled, even then there wouldn't be any reason to use a dsdt that hasn't been patched. for now use boot flag dsdt=none

take some time to read and learn more on these things. there is faq here and good info on dsdt here DSDT patching 101

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

you cannot use a dsdt that has not been compiled, even then there wouldn't be any reason to use a dsdt that hasn't been patched. for now use boot flag dsdt=none

take some time to read and learn more on these things. there is faq here and good info on dsdt here DSDT patching 101

hey dude i deleted dsdt's entry from boot.pilist file, n my OS is now working properly. n Thanks i will study on DSDT patching.....do u aware of clover project??? hows it is possible to create DSDT automatically with clover???

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
I am and tried some of the earlier builds. It is extracting DSDT, then applying some common patches and targeting a few certain issues and then compiling. That resulting DSDT would not likely cause you problems. If you have a problem that installing something (DSDT, kext, etc) may fix, then look into it, see what others have said or done or problems had, and maybe try it. If no problem that needs fixing, don't install stuff, cause only 2 outcomes possible are either you break stuff, or don't break stuff, one is bad, other is not good.

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I am and tried some of the earlier builds. It is extracting DSDT, then applying some common patches and targeting a few certain issues and then compiling. That resulting DSDT would not likely cause you problems. If you have a problem that installing something (DSDT, kext, etc) may fix, then look into it, see what others have said or done or problems had, and maybe try it. If no problem that needs fixing, don't install stuff, cause only 2 outcomes possible are either you break stuff, or don't break stuff, one is bad, other is not good.

hey i installed backtrack5 on extended partition which comes 3rd , 1st(osx) and 2nd(xp) both r primary. but chameleon not able to showing option for backtrack. i searched on web n i came to not that at the time of installing i have not installed grub bcz it may overwrites MBR, so now my qestion is how to install grub directly to backtrack's logical partition without affecting MBR so as chameleon able to read it?????

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
http://www.dedoimedo...ers/grub-2.html
http://forum.voodoop...opic,754.0.html

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

i m going to start a fresh installation of SL 10.6

i heard that to install hackintosh on MBR it is necessary to replce OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstall framework. so i have patch of both files.

i have MBR partition sceme on my Laptop Compaq presario V6000(32bit). i kept my 1st parition reserved for Hackintosh which is now empY, on 2nd primary there is WIN7, 3rd primary ubuantu and on extended there is Xp. i m having SL 10.6 retail DMG image file .using Currently my bootloader is grub. i have following Questions:

how to create bootable usb of this DMG file???
is it possible to install Hackintosh with above setup??
if yes then,
which bootloader it will install?? will it boot windows??
is it possible to boot hackintosh from Grub???
which bootloader is best for all???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy