• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Cracking, Hacking and Tricking, Creativity and innovations, Social Networking, Counter Strike, M...
i want to install hackintosh on my laptop compaq presario V6410TU (32bit)

CPU : Mobile Intel® 945GM Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) Root Port - 27D2
Intel® 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB
OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394
Host Controller: Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Family
DDR2 3gb
Audio :Name Conexant High Definition Audio
Wireless : broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
LAN :Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Driver

after looking @ http://wiki.osx86pro...0.6.7/Portables

i thought i can install hackintosh 10.6.7 on my notebook. so plz help
me....i m new to d hackintosh.....

My qualification: Bachelor of Computer Engineering and have quiet
interest in OS troubleshooting and my next target is full fledged
hackintosh.

so how should i begin 2 my work....plz guide...Thanks. in Advance.

just b4 2 months i updated my BIOS with winflash sp48121 and now my BIOS version is F.2E
There is no such option in BIOS to disable one core.....so what should i do?? is there any need to first replace my BIOS ?? if yes then how it should be done???

Then i hav some doubts plz clarify:
1. is it possible to boot retail DVD's of mac osX with non mac machine?? HOW??
2. is that dvd comes with.iso or any other format???
3. is it possible to patch retail DVD?? how??
4. what is difference between installing hackintosh with retail dvd and with hacked kernel???
5. from where i get Snow leopord image freely??? Hacked or retail???

LolfaceMC

LolfaceMC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,
use this to see if it is possible on your machine System Info, an app to get hardware and kexts info
then if everything is fine, use ###### to install mac.

Edited by eep357, 09 October 2012 - 08:12 PM.
replaced link to version of systeminfo.app that was uploaded without creators permission, name of it changed and no aknowledgement given-with link to thread started by and approved by app's author-same app

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
1. Yes it's possible to boot retail DVDs of Mac OS X on a non-Mac machine. It involves using a boot CD, which loads a special bootloader (Chameleon) and kernel extensions such as FakeSMC.kext to boot on a PC. Chameleon emulates the EFI on real Macs, and FakeSMC emulates the system management controller on real Macs. This allows the system to boot using the vanilla kernel (if the processor is supported).
2. Call Apple and tell them you want a Snow Leopard disc. It's $29.
3. Don't patch the retail DVD.
4. Retail installations of OS X tend to have less issues. Also, you learn everything in the process. When installing with some random distro, you won't know anything that's going on.
5. Buy it from Apple. Or torrent it (make absolute sure it's a retail DVD if you do).

For a Snow Leopard retail installation guide, go to HERE. Good luck with your hackintosh!

EDIT: Can you put some more info? For example, what Broadcom WiFI card the laptop has, and what graphics card the laptop has.

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Cracking, Hacking and Tricking, Creativity and innovations, Social Networking, Counter Strike, M...
plz help me.....

i have this image - Hazard

1st time : when i booted it gives error as like EBIOS Error showing some memory location

2nd time: when i booted as eep357 says that so i run cpus=1 command in chameleon command prompt then i get this apple loading window...

2.JPG

but after this my cd automatically ejected but i tried to resume but it agin rejected.

3rd time: when i booted cd it shows me kernel panic as like this....
1.JPG

so

now what should i do??? plz help??

Attached Files

• Attached File  2.JPG   10.69KB   11 downloads
  • Attached File  1.JPG   73.01KB   13 downloads

Edited by prashantloveguru143, 09 October 2012 - 08:28 PM.
Removed torrent file links

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Don't worry about the cpus=1 unless after you do boot, it freeze and un-freeze over and over every few seconds. For now boot using:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

To post images:

Attached File  beginer 2 hackintosh on my Compaq presario v6410tu - New Users Lounge - InsanelyMac Forum.jpg   127.47KB   7 downloadsAttached File  Replying To beginer 2 hackintosh on my Compaq presario v6410tu - InsanelyMac Forum.jpg   93.57KB   7 downloads

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Don't worry about the cpus=1 unless after you do boot, it freeze and un-freeze over and over every few seconds. For now boot using:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

To post images:

Attached File  beginer 2 hackintosh on my Compaq presario v6410tu - New Users Lounge - InsanelyMac Forum.jpg   127.47KB   7 downloadsAttached File  Replying To beginer 2 hackintosh on my Compaq presario v6410tu - InsanelyMac Forum.jpg   93.57KB   7 downloads

thank u very much.......it works
now is it possible to install hackintosh and xp on 1 hdd ???
bcz i heard both requires 1st primary partition only, so is it possible ???
how should be d sequence ??? bcz i want to install total 5-6 OS hackintosh,xp,backtrack5,fedora,suse............
so plz tell me how should be the sequence and partition design???
which should b d active partition???
which bootloader would be preferable ???

currently i m having XP on 1st primary partition.......

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
have you already partitioned out your drive into smaller ones? It's possible to have multiple operating systems on one drive, there is a limit to the number of logical partitions supported under mbr format, so 5-6 may be too much unless you install windows to guid. there are how-to's available for different options, since normally putting multiple os's on one drive is usually only done on laptops, it's not my area of expertise, I keep them on separate drives. a quick forum and/or google search should get you answers to any questions, if a specific question comes up you can't find an answer for, start a new topic for it.

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

have you already partitioned out your drive into smaller ones? It's possible to have multiple operating systems on one drive, there is a limit to the number of logical partitions supported under mbr format, so 5-6 may be too much unless you install windows to guid. there are how-to's available for different options, since normally putting multiple os's on one drive is usually only done on laptops, it's not my area of expertise, I keep them on separate drives. a quick forum and/or google search should get you answers to any questions, if a specific question comes up you can't find an answer for, start a new topic for it.

kudos....i successfully install osX 10.6.6 .....wifi,sound working .....only problem with ntfs-3g plz help me...not able 2 mount ntfs file system.....
Attached File  IMG335.jpg   279KB   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG341.jpg   232.44KB   12 downloads

i m using harzard's hackingtosh 10.6.6....

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
repair file permissions using Disk Utility. If that doesn't work, SL was the last OSX where it was possible to enable built in ntfs driver that Apple included in the OS, but did not make active. Google "enable osx 10.6 ntfs driver" or similar and will find how to's

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
also my desktop and all graphics looking blury and videos are not playing well i think my intel 945GM is not installed properly or not installed at all....plz help i installed the kext provided on this page http://www.insanelym...pengl-solution/
but resolution have not changed. also audio having generic driver so it gives some noise in speaker....so plz help me how to installed these drivers properly.......i m very confused with kext , DSDT,aml , dsl and all those thing plz simplify ?????
Attached File  IMG342.jpg   273.97KB   11 downloadsAttached File  IMG343.jpg   307.37KB   10 downloads

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
audio: VoodooHDA - common problems

Video: There are may different kext in that link, which one you install? You try one on very last post of that topic uploaded by Slice?

also for video to work properly, need to boot with
arch=i386

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
i installed this one "New version for 10.6.6 (kexts): http://rapidshare.co...7AE_10.6.6.zip"

and one more question though my machine is 32bit why it is showing osX as 64 bit (x86_64) ????

how to boot with i386 architecture???

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
to boot 32bit and make graphics work, look at post I made right above this one, at boot prompt type:

arch=i386

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

to boot 32bit and make graphics work, look at post I made right above this one, at boot prompt type:

arch=i386

can we run this "arch=i386" at the time of installing or at any time after install because i already installed Hackintosh???........also answer me why it is showing osX as 64 bit (x86_64) though my system is 32bit???

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
First: Yes, you can just type it at the Chameleon boot prompt, same place you would type -v or -f. Later if you want it to be more permanent and not have to type it every time, you would add it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Second: your core 2 duo CPU is 64bit, the bios may not support 32 bit, but because Chameleon is emulating a Mac's EFI instead of bios, it still makes it possible to use 64bit. Only problem with running 64bit, is Apple does not make 64bit drivers for GMA950/945, they are 32bit only. So for them to load and work, you will need to boot with arch=i386

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

First: Yes, you can just type it at the Chameleon boot prompt, same place you would type -v or -f. Later if you want it to be more permanent and not have to type it every time, you would add it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Second: your core 2 duo CPU is 64bit, the bios may not support 32 bit, but because Chameleon is emulating a Mac's EFI instead of bios, it still makes it possible to use 64bit. Only problem with running 64bit, is Apple does not make 64bit drivers for GMA950/945, they are 32bit only. So for them to load and work, you will need to boot with arch=i386

i think my hackintosh get corrupt....it gives error as " Still Waiting for root Device"what should i do now.....shall i reinstall or have to do troubleshooting....plz help.....Attached File  IMG354.jpg   181.03KB   5 downloads

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
depends on what you did right before that happened

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
let it be. i repaired my system. but b4 reparing it was showing some errors. plz help me. when i start d hackintosh it shows me following errors. how to reolve them???
Attached File  IMG335.jpg   88.61KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG336.jpg   79.17KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG337.jpg   50.93KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG338.jpg   62.59KB   3 downloadsAttached File  IMG339.jpg   70.95KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG340.jpg   44KB   4 downloadsAttached File  IMG341.jpg   76.8KB   4 downloads

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
open terminal and type, or copy and paste:
sudo chown root:wheel /
press enter and it will ask for your password, type it in and hit enter. You won't be able to see anything as you type it, but it is entering your password while you type it, just invisible

then type, or copy paste:
diskutil repairPermissions /
hit enter

prashantloveguru143

prashantloveguru143

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

open terminal and type, or copy and paste:

sudo chown root:wheel /
press enter and it will ask for your password, type it in and hit enter. You won't be able to see anything as you type it, but it is entering your password while you type it, just invisible

then type, or copy paste:
diskutil repairPermissions /
hit enter

i done. but i m not understand that what actually these commands did. bcz above startup problems are not resolved. plz explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy