Lion on a Pentium 4 (HT) (64 Bit)

OSX86guypersonthing

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a 64bit Pentium 4 Processor, I was wondering if I could install OSX Lion on my system? I'm a bit of a newbie at the whole Hackintosh thing, SO if I sound CRAZY I'm sorry :D

My Specs are the fallowing:

Intel Pentium 4 630 (HT) (64bit) processor

2 Gigs of DDR2 RAM

AMD HD 6450 Graphics card

Asus P5GDC-V (Deluxe) Motherboard

No. Pentium 630 DOES NOT have SSSE3 (not to be confused with SSE3) instructions set (not to mention some other important stuff) which is required too in order to run Lion properly. So stick to Snow Leopard, IMO it is still a very capable OS. Or upgrade your hardware if you need Lion that much :)

P.S. In case you wandering which CPUs have SSSE3, here is a list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSSE3

• Like 1

Hello, I have a 64bit Pentium 4 Processor, I was wondering if I could install OSX Lion on my system? I'm a bit of a newbie at the whole Hackintosh thing, SO if I sound CRAZY I'm sorry :D

My Specs are the fallowing:

Intel Pentium 4 630 (HT) (64bit) processor

2 Gigs of DDR2 RAM

AMD HD 6450 Graphics card

Asus P5GDC-V (Deluxe) Motherboard

You can try to install it, but since your CPU does not support ssse3, you'll have to use the bootflag -legacy either to run the installation DVD or to boot your system when installed. That means no 64-bit support, no (stock) Finder, Xcode, AirPort Utility and a lot of cool apps. It's precisely my situation, since i use an old Athlon II X2 processor, but the system otherwise runs smoothly. If you want to do a lot of tweaking, go ahead. If you wanna something that "just works", stick with Snow Leo.

Best regards!

• Like 2

Just looking at the motherboard specs just screams issues. Audio will only work with VoodooHDA and the ethernet may be difficult to get working properly. Not to mention that this motherboard is ICH6 and has both DDR and DDR2 slots which I have seen trow errors under Mac OS X. I have a AsRock motherboard that had the same ram configuration that you have and it causes a lot of issues.

• Like 1

Don't use a distro, they tend to be unreliable. Use retail, it will work much better.

RampageDev, that's interesting; I didn't have RAM issues on my ECS mobo with both DDR and DDR2 slots, albeit I only used DDR2.

For a retail guide, see the link in my signature. It works for many PCs.

Don't use a distro, that is illegal. Use retail, it will work much better.

RampageDev, that's interesting; I didn't have RAM issues on my ECS mobo with both DDR and DDR2 slots, albeit I only used DDR2.

For a retail guide, see the link in my signature. It works for many PCs.

I used two 1GB sticks of DDR ram. The system ran great besides an error showing up on every boot. I had lion on it and someone bought it off of me for $25 for the MB and $50 for the core 2 duo that went with it.

• Like 1