Kernel Panic on new hackintosh

Kevin Kane

13 posts in this topic

This isnt my first hackintosh but definitely the most challenging. My plan is to load 10.6.6 hazard on it then use that to make a lion usb. But for the life of me I cant get snow leo on it!

I burned the disk at 2x and booted up and got past chameleon but when the apple logo came on, it sat there for 2 hours ( I fell asleep :D) does anyone have any ideas that I should try?

My first hackintosh was a compaq cq60-615dx that ran 10.6.6 and worked perfectly, all hardware worked after searching for the right kexts forever, but I like a good challenge.

Sorry to thread hijack, but I have a similar problem. It all started when I (stupidly) accepted an update for my ethernet driver (realtek 81xx) within snow leopard. Now I get a kernel panic. Can I remove the bad kext(s) so my snow leopard boots normally as before? Screenshot attached.

post-337890-0-19540600-1348390531_thumb.jpg

boot with -s

mount /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

reboot -R now

I tried booting with single user mode, but I still hang at the same point - I can't enter the commands to mount the partition and remove the kexts. It just stops with the cursor not flashing, the only time I can enter commands is before the -S boot.

use MacDrive from windows and remove the kext, and use SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1 what is for your Graphics HD 3000 or you can boot your USBInstaller and go for Utilities/Terminal app and remove the kext

I can access the recovery terminal via iAtkos, can you please write which commands I have to run in order to remove the bad kext, and restore my snow leopard to a working state. I have attached a screenshot of the terminal in case I do not have the access rights etc. in order to run the necessary commands. Any help is greatly appreciated.

post-337890-0-41280000-1349207179_thumb.jpg