ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

1. So I started fresh, and in GParted, I deleted all the partitions in on my ADATA 256 GB SSD and created a GPT disk with the following partitions (sizes are approximate):

- 90 GB: Windows 8 (FAT32 - I later let Windows 8 installed delete this partition and create what it wanted, as it wasn't going to install otherwise).

- 64 GB: Mac OS (FAT32 - again, I'll let OS X delete this partition and create what it wants during install)

- 100 GB: Data (NTFS--I figured I would put data on this partition and would be able to access my pictures, etc. when booted into either OS)

2. Installed Windows 8 using UEFI and GPT, during which the 90 GB partition turned into:

*: Recovery - NTFS 300 MB

*: (unnamed) - FAT32 100 MB (EFI System Partition)

*: (unnamed) - Other 128 MB (Reserved Partition--Presumably MS Reserved Partition)

C: (unnamed) - NTFS 86 GB (Windows 8 install)

I'm at the stage where I'm about to install OS X, and have a few questions:

1. Once I install OS X, do I put the Kexts from the first post in the Mac OS partition (/System/Library/Extensions folder) or in my Clover USB (/EFI/kexts/)? Are there any kexts I need to delete from the Mac OS Partition?

Edit: NM regarding the first part, I read more into the kext injection section and I'll try to put it into the appropriate Clover USB folder first--most likely EFI\kexts\10.8 folder.

2. Do I replace the config.plist in /EFI folder with the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file that's in the "UX31A-Extra" attachment from the first post? (I know to put the DSDT and SSDT's in the /EFI/ACPI/patched folder).

3. I presume the SMBios.plist file isn't necessary for UEFI? If so, where does it go?

Played around with creating a Clover USB, and haven't been successful with the UEFI set-up. The BIOS approach has previously worked when I was playing with the failed attempt (when I was trying to install OS X and Windows 7) where I can see the "menu" of icons to select a boot OS option. Doesn't the latest Clover package have OsxAptioFixDrv? I saw that option in the install and selected it, should I download a different version of it, like the one you have in your link above? I presume once I get this working, I'll copy what's on my Clover USB to the EFI partition per the "UEFI boot with Clover.rtf" instructions on the Clover USB.

1. For the UX32VD, yes, there are stock kexts that have to be removed (see the UX32VD thread). Don't forget to rebuild the kernel cache!

2. Forget your Chameleon knowledge :) Toss org.chameleon.Boot.plist after editting your config.plist with any similar options. I'm using the OEM folder with a UX32VD specific folder for the configuration and drivers so I can use one Clover USB to boot multiple machines (another plus for Clover!)

3. Toss it as well as it goes in config.plist as well, but only if you need to override something specific, otherwise you can just configure your mac model and Clover will auto-inject the rest automatically!

I'm compiling Clover from the source code so YMMV. See the thread about OsxAptioFixDrv if you can't get Clover to boot boot.efi. Yes, once you get Clover USB configured to boot correctly, just copy it to the "EFI System Partition" and configure a new boot option in the BIOS that loads CLOVERX64.EFI

Read through the Clover thread on projectosx.com as there is lots of detail in there. Yes its big, but once you understand and start to use Clover, you'll see it is more flexible and emulates the Apple boot environment way better than Chameleon.

• Like 1

Clover seems to be working now, at least to boot into Windows 8.

Will be installing OS X. Does it matter which guide I use to install it? Beast, myHack, etc.? I'm presuming it's not going to matter much as long as it gets OS X onto the partition I saved for it, and as long as I save the Windows 8 created EFI boot partition (above), in case the OS X install kills it, I should be good with Clover as the boot loader?

Edit from my update of below:

I. Recovery of Windows EFI Partition works after OS X Install Blasts it.

I must have used the wrong partition for approach 2, below, because I tried it again and Windows 8 is back as the default boot! (Maybe this is why people say to install Windows 8 second?) Thus, I solved the problem (which, actually I noted from one of glsly's earlier posts of what he did, so I guess HE had previously solved the problem :-) ):

1) copied EFI partition backup into the unallocated partition that Mac OS X blasted.

2) made the EFI partition the "boot" partition--which is weird because the original install had my Windows partition as the boot partition (see picture below).

3) made the EFI partition that the Mac OS installer made into a MS reserved partition, but now that Windows is booting again, I'm going to play around with it. I mounted the partition in GParted, and I didn't see anything other than a few hidden files. Strange that GParted reports this partition as being 3 MB's when the few files/folders that I unhid and selected totaled less than 5 KB.

So I guess my next step is to figure out why Clover can't see the Mac OS. Can anyone tell me what's in their Mac EFI partition?

II. During OS X Install Somehow Changed the NTFS partition that I used for data into HFS+

I'm just going to recover the files from back-up, which I made right before I ventured into this.

III. Wrapping up OS X install

Installed kexts using Kext Wizard, and will be fidling around with everything as my system is a UX21A, so there still may be something weird about it.

FYI: Free Crossover giveaway: http://flock.codeweavers.com/ (One day--Oct. 31, 2012 only).

----------End Edit------------

Update: Installed OS X 10.8.2 and I think OS X tore up my Windows boot partition:

Before:

http://tinyurl.com/b...OSxandIwasHappy

After:

http://tinyurl.com/a...tallandImcrying

Consequently, Windows won't boot. Tried:

1. Repair using Windows 8 Recovery, and Windows says the disk is locked.

2. Copying EFI partition from one I saved earlier (using EASEUS Partition Master) to the nuked EFI partition, and still no joy (I marked the Windows partition as active)--bios doesn't see any boot disks.

I can still see and boot into the Mac OS install using the Beast USB, but Clover USB can't see either the Mac OS install or the Windows partitions.

The disk is still showing as GPT, and I can see my files in Windows. Strangely, as I'm typing this, I've noticed that my Data partition (which was NTFS), is now showing as hfs+, and both sda5 and sda6 are labeled Mac_OS_eX.

Also, can't boot up in Beast, even with -x.

This works to boot up the Mac OS install:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 busratio=12

but USB doesn't work so I can't copy over kexts--will try booting using same and copying kexts over so I can at least see what a "working" OS X (sans wireless) looks like.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have my Windows 8 image, but would hate to give up at this point.

Did I screw up something in the OS X install? I figured that the system would at least see the EFI created by the Beast install. I can't recall if I tried to boot directly into OS X.

(With all the lost hours of billing, I could have gone out and bought a RMBP already--but I guess what's the "fun" in that...)

Edited by Lejenk
Removed references

Edit from my update of below:

I. Recovery of Windows EFI Partition works after OS X Install Blasts it.

I must have used the wrong partition for approach 2, below, because I tried it again and Windows 8 is back as the default boot! (Maybe this is why people say to install Windows 8 second?) Thus, I solved the problem (which, actually I noted from one of glsly's earlier posts of what he did, so I guess HE had previously solved the problem :-) ):

So I guess my next step is to figure out why Clover can't see the Mac OS. Can anyone tell me what's in their Mac EFI partition?

I also found out that 10.8.2 will nuke the existing EFI partition *after* it does the first startup so at the moment, my UX32VB only boots into the BIOS :( I haven't had time to fix it, but with EFI its fairly easy to recover from this, but the whole point of UEFI is that this shouldn't happen and multiple boot loaders should work together but Apple didn't really implement the UEFI standard properly. That is why when you look at the Mac EFI partition, you don't see much other than a firmware.scap file that is used by Apple for their firware update process.

In the UEFI world, the BIOS is a mini-OS and as such, needs drivers for the hardware. Usually the OEM's include all of the drivers in the BIOS for things like the trackpad, etc. In the case of Clover, it needs a driver to be able to read HFS+ partitions so it can see and load the boot.efi. This is Apple's boot loader that their firmware is hard-coded to load (and has a driver for) and if Apple had implemented UEFI properly, it should have been located in the EFI partition and not in the OS HFS+ partition. Anyhow, make sure that you have either HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHFS.efi in your drivers64UEFI and then Clover should be able to see the Mac Partition.

I think I'm going to take advantage of the Windows 8 $15 upgrade, wipe my UX32VD and re-install Windows 8 Pro UEFI, Ubuntu x64 12.10 UEFI and Mountain Lion 10.8.2 UEFI using the latest Clover. I'll see if I can document the process, but I suspect its going to take a few attempts to get it working the way I want it to.

Another thing I noticed (preiovusly) on my UX32VD when I had multiple EFI partitions, when using the ESC key to choose a boot device, you might notice a short pause the first time and magically boot options may be added. I believe during process the BIOS will enumerate all EFI paritions looking for a few key boot files (Windows and BOOTX64.efI) and adds the EFI boot variables automatically. Useful if something wipes out the nvram variables, or you want to have a backup EFI partition, although in the case of the latter you get multiple entries and it isn't clear if you are booting from the primary or backup :)

I also found out that 10.8.2 will nuke the existing EFI partition *after* it does the first startup so at the moment, my UX32VB only boots into the BIOS :(

(rant, with which I concur, deleted :wink2: )

In the case of Clover, it needs a driver to be able to read HFS+ partitions so it can see and load the boot.efi. ...

I think I'm going to take advantage of the Windows 8 $15 upgrade, wipe my UX32VD and re-install Windows 8 Pro UEFI, Ubuntu x64 12.10 UEFI and Mountain Lion 10.8.2 UEFI using the latest Clover. I'll see if I can document the process, but I suspect its going to take a few attempts to get it working the way I want it to.

Ahh, the whole reason for the HFS drivers makes sense now. I'm seriously hoping I don't have to reinstall everything. So, add the HFS driver to Clover, once that works install it to the ESP (Mac OS EFI) partition and then set Clover to be the default boot. I've already stuck all the kexts in /S/L/E, and I guess the DSDT and com.apple.boot.plist goes in the /Extra folder?

I HAVE had a little time to play with the OS X install and setting at least the kexts up booting through the Beast approach. Remaining niggling issues include the fact that the ASIX USB-Ethernet adapter doesn't work--even using that modified kext in one of the earlier posts; I have to update the UX31A DSDT for my UX21A to make sure there's nothing screwy even though the two are very close; TouchPad (have to check on that Elan thread); Fn-keys; and, strangely, the BT kexts I was told to take out in the first few posts rendered the Bluetooth useless, so I put them back in and was still able to boot without -x. Then I can finally figure out what card I want to replace the combo card. Sadly, I haven't seen anything with as many features as the 6235 we have in the system (dual band, BT 4.0, etc.).

I'll keep a clone of the whole disk once I get this figured out. I have 3 or 4 300GB PATA drives that I took out of my IDE/SCSI RAID that are just sitting around for back-up purposes.

Funny thing is that I plan to ditch Windows completely, or at least reduce its use significantly, if the Mac OS X and related programs work out.

Don't forget this, if the upgrade is the Pro version (I have to look into this because I've installed the 90 Enterprise Eval.)

askvg-dot-com/get-windows-media-center-pack-for-windows-8-free/

Hello. i'm french and i folow this topic since 2weeks

mine ux32vd has a dual boot windows 7 / ml. it will work with any OS

Whats work :

_USB network adapter

_Bluetooth (done a network connection with my iphone)

_intel HD4000 & brightness

_audio

_battery metter

_trackpad as a mouse

_keyboard remapped

_usb

_sleep

FN key for wifi and sleep, pause for increase brightness only,

Not working:

My english language ;)

All apple apps with a apple id (cannot connect).

Wifi HDMI, GT 620 M (nvidia chip detected on pci card) multitouch and some FN keys like sound touchpad & keyboad backlight

created 2 part on the 256 gb: 200 & 50 g

installed w7 on the first one, this created a 100 mb part for the bootmgr

installed on the second mountain lion

boot on m.l with the install key boot loader (-x flag) & install chameleon 2.1 patched on the ML part

http://www.mediafire...8a2f3v3obsksbjj

The bios of the asus boot on the SSD, launch chamelon bootloader that detects alls yours parts & propose to boot on ML windows ubuntu and any other os you have on your computer

installed kext founds ont the first post and (deleted geforce.kext & iobluetoothfamilly kext (cause i have a UX32VD))

Patched a dsdt, got sound and battery metter

instert the hex line code found ont the firts topic and got intel hd4000

Boot on the 100 Mb part launch windows.

display the 100 mb part in windows by atribute that a drive letter and copied bootmgr & other files files from 100 mb to 200 gb C:

deleted the 100 mb part with the windows tool for parts

reboot on OSX or Windows

On OSX i got bluetooth by replacing IOBluetooth familly kext in SLE folder (idk why it needed to delete)

info: alls my kext are in SLE

hop it'll helps someone, if you have any question or ideas for me.

dsdt sound and battery.zip

Ahh, the whole reason for the HFS drivers makes sense now. I'm seriously hoping I don't have to reinstall everything. So, add the HFS driver to Clover, once that works install it to the ESP (Mac OS EFI) partition and then set Clover to be the default boot. I've already stuck all the kexts in /S/L/E, and I guess the DSDT and com.apple.boot.plist goes in the /Extra folder?

Yes to the driver ans ESP, but for your DSDT and com.apple.boot.plist, Clover doesn't use the Chameleon /Extra folder so I recommend you put the DSDT in the OEM folder and reference it from your config.plist. I think the com.apple.boot.plist can be tossed and put any custom kernel options from that file into Clover's config.plist.

Funny thing is that I plan to ditch Windows completely, or at least reduce its use significantly, if the Mac OS X and related programs work out.

Don't forget this, if the upgrade is the Pro version (I have to look into this because I've installed the 90 Enterprise Eval.)

askvg-dot-com/get-windows-media-center-pack-for-windows-8-free/

I'm a developer so I need multiple operating systems. And thanks, already knew about/redeemed the Media Center pack promotion as well. Now to do some disk cloning, wiping and re-installation :)

Trying to get Clover to work still. UEFI seems working and recognizes the HFS+ once I found the driver (using vbox, but will try hfs+). Have to edit the config.plist and we'll see what happens from there. So much to learn.

Hello. i'm french and i folow this topic since 2weeks

mine ux32vd has a dual boot windows 7 / ml. it will work with any OS

All apple apps with a apple id (cannot connect).

Wifi HDMI, GT 620 M (nvidia chip detected on pci card) multitouch and some FN keys like sound touchpad & keyboad backlight

display the 100 mb part in windows by atribute that a drive letter and copied bootmgr & other files files from 100 mb to 200 gb C:

Bonjour! You got on--guess you answered the quizzes...

I'm still having problems with:

_intel HD4000 & brightness (

_audio (sound is reallly low volume, and the sound output/input goes away when I switch sources--where did you get the kext for that? I'm using the VoodooHDA kext. Sound works great over BT though.)

_USB (can't have anything other than the USB boot drive plugged in).

How did you get your keyboard remapped? I'm thinking of using this because my UX21A has a Japanese keyboard (long story--I'm Chinese American and don't speak Japanese): http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

With the network, are you using the ASIX USB-Ethernet adapter (the UX21A came with it--not sure if yours did)? One post earlier had the kexts and fix for it as the one from the ASIX didn't work. The Intel card will probably never be supported, and I'm looking for a thread that lists what people have tried.

Concur that the Bluetooth kext seems work okay and I put that back in as well.

My HDMI works (except sound, as noted above). I used the same string as you did.

Will have to work on the DSDT. That may solve problems like sound.

intel HD4000 & brightness :

Added this lines in /Extra/org.chameleon.plist on UX32VD

if you use another boot loader i've understood that you can put this line in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000002006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

This line should work on UX31A to got HDMI working (on ux32VD it hangs the boot)

<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

For audio and battery metter & some fn keys i used the dsdt i've patched & attached in /Extra and the kexts in S/L/E

i tried to use Voodoo HDA but i got, as you a low level sound (and deleted voodoohda.kext ) i got a great sound

for USB

from S/L/E i deleted from inside IOUSBFamily.kext>Contents>Plugins the AppleUSBXHCI.kext\,

realy easy

For the asix, i've tried to install the real asix driver, it detects but says "peripheral not configured" as at the begin, and as the realtek sd card reader

my webcam works great & i used keyremap4macbook

for any changes, i rebuild the S/L/E cache with kext wizard

dsdt sound and battery.zip

Did you see this for the network?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281201-booting-mountain-lion-on-an-asus-ux32vd/page__st__20#entry1843758

Mine is working, but I think I had to manually insert the ASIX file into the IONetworkingFamily.kext--I was so sleepy I don't exactly remember. I can attach it if the files in that link doesn't work.

Dumb question. How do we attach a file?

Yes to the driver ans ESP, but for your DSDT and com.apple.boot.plist, Clover doesn't use the Chameleon /Extra folder so I recommend you put the DSDT in the OEM folder and reference it from your config.plist. I think the com.apple.boot.plist can be tossed and put any custom kernel options from that file into Clover's config.plist.

I'm a developer so I need multiple operating systems. And thanks, already knew about/redeemed the Media Center pack promotion as well. Now to do some disk cloning, wiping and re-installation :)

gsly,

Can you send me your config.plist? I'm running into the dreaded black screen problem.

Did you see this for the network?

http://www.insanelym...20#entry1843758

Mine is working, but I think I had to manually insert the ASIX file into the IONetworkingFamily.kext--I was so sleepy I don't exactly remember. I can attach it if the files in that link doesn't work.

Dumb question. How do we attach a file?

Thank you i didn't seen, i'll try this.

thank you for the attachment

You can attach files in the more relpy options bouton, next to "Post"

and yours fixes?

[EDIT] tryed as said in the post (simply put the modified IOnertworkingfamilly.kext in SLE) but still detected & says "peripheral not configured"

I was messing around with my ML install USB stick last night, and now I can't even use that to get into either the OS X install nor my OS X on my drive! It seems to go all the way through and then just reboots IMMEDIATELY. {censored}!

Clover is still not working.

I'll try to recreate the install stick so I can get back in to grab the file for you, but try to put the AX88772.kext from the post into the original IOnertworkingfamilly.kext.

Clover is still not working.

about clover, i dont use this and my patched chameleon works great with any system why not use that?

i'm trying to use the original ionetworkingfamilly.kext. bbs

[EDIT] now USB adapter works great =) :star_sunglasses:, still no appstore logging

about clover, i dont use this and my patched chameleon works great with any system why not use that?

[EDIT] now USB adapter works great =) :star_sunglasses:, still no appstore logging

Windows 8

Just a note about Windows 8--I don't know if it's because of the all the random restores, etc., but it seems like a lot of stuff doesn't work with it and it's crashing quite a bit. I may do a "Refresh" operation or just go back to Windows 7. I need something stable to fallback on.

ASIX Adapter

Glad you got yours working. Ahh well, I was able to boot ML into safe mode from the Beast 1.5.3 install I made a long time ago. Reset the BIOS and I don't know if it did anything. Here's the IONertworkingfamilly.kext I "rescued" from it. Hopefully it will help others with the ASIX AX88772B USB to Fast Ethernet Adapter.

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Clover

Don't mess with Clover if things are working for you. I have it where the system recognizes the Mac OS X drive, but then it's just sitting there with a blank screen when I boot. This is a completely reformatted Clover USB stick with the DSDT and SSDT's from the first post. Shell doesn't seem to work for me either. It just sits there and I can type commands, but nothing is returned.

post-1090562-0-57427500-1351883618_thumb.jpg

Chameleon

Speaking of Chameleon, what options did you select when you installed it? I'm going to put it on the USB stick and replace what I have now so that I can at least boot while I'm trying to get Clover up. Would you mind sending me your DSDT/SSDT, and plist files?

This is what I have in the /E/E folder:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext IOAudioFamily.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext IOUSBFamily.kext

AppleHDA.kext IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext IntelCPUMonitor.kext

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext PXHCD.kext

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext VoodooHDA.kext

FakeSMC.kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Though I used ###### and I think I should have not had it patch anything. Now it randomly gives me KP's before boot:

post-1090562-0-58780500-1351883837_thumb.jpg

Heck, maybe send me everything and I'll just create a new Chameleon USB stick.

Still have to learn how to patch DSDTs...

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

post-1090562-0-57427500-1351883618_thumb.jpg

post-1090562-0-58780500-1351883837_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

all my kext are in SLE, nothing in /E/E

never used SSDT

read my short tuto, all files are inside (infos dsdt & plist)

about chameleon, i just installed it on the Ml part, on the SSD

do not hesitate to ask me

in your kext

Exemple : Not remember about touching this kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext SLE

IOUSBFamily.kext > deleted AppleUSBXHCI.kext plugin

AppleHDA.kext > SLE +DSDT

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext > SLE

IntelCPUMonitor.kext

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

PXHCD.kext

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext> SLE +DSDT

VoodooHDA.kext

FakeSMC.kext > SLE

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Edited by Lejenk
Removed references.

Edit: Appstore:

Have you tried anything in here:

http://www.insanelym...re#entry1845628

I haven't had the chance, obviously.

all my kext are in SLE, nothing in /E/E

never used SSDT

read my short tuto, all files are inside (infos dsdt & plist)

about chameleon, i just installed it on the Ml part, on the SSD

do not hesitate to ask me

in your kext

Exemple : Not remember about touching this kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext SLE

IOUSBFamily.kext > deleted AppleUSBXHCI.kext plugin

AppleHDA.kext > SLE +DSDT

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext > SLE

IntelCPUMonitor.kext

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

PXHCD.kext

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext> SLE +DSDT

VoodooHDA.kext

FakeSMC.kext > SLE

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

1. Are the ones you crossed out not used? (just saw your attachments in the other post). Never mind, I figured out what you meant by this. What do you mean by "SLE+DSDT"? You mean you fixed/enabled it with the special kext and DSDT? Yes, I always refresh cache using Kextwizard.

2. In your instructions: "boot on m.l with the install key boot loader (-x flag) & install chameleon 2.1 patched on the ML part" I DL'd the file on the link you had, and I'm confused about what options you selected in the installer under "Installation Type". It seems like you just selected standard install.

Edited by Lejenk
Removed references.

here are alls kext i added in SLE and my entire /extra folder

If you done a standard install of Chameleon, install kexts in SLE with Kext wizard, and place /extra folder at his place, all should work like me

hope 4 you

Haha, you are too funny. It works with the limitations you have above!!! Also external monitor functionality is not working on HDMI, whereas it worked before. I will have to play around with that.

Merci beaucoup!

All works? :o intel hd, plug and play and good sound too? thats great =)

what bootloader are you using?

for the hdmi, try the UX31A hex line i posted above

for wifi, i just bought tihs card http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atheros-AR5B195-AR3011-WiFi-WLAN-Bluetooth-Combo-Half-Mini-PCI-E-Card-/260953066342?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item3cc203cb66

kext are here http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2628

So I am not able to use the App store. I get "An unknown error has occurred." Apparently this has something to do with en0 being set correctly to ethernet. But Asus UX31A doesn't have built-in ethernet! I tried to delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist ...that didn't work. Tried to copy the one from my real MBA....that didn't work. Any ideas for what to try next? I can't run any updates :( (It was working before though...so I have no idea what caused it to break.)

All works? :o intel hd, plug and play and good sound too? thats great =)

what bootloader are you using?

for the hdmi, try the UX31A hex line i posted above

for wifi, i just bought tihs card http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc203cb66

kext are here http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2628

Still haven't given up on Clover because I originally formatted the SSD in GPT with Windows 8 installed using UEFI. I presume ML installed UEFI by default as it created that UEFI folder and destroyed the Windows one. However, to get things to work so I can work (for now)...

I'm using Chameleon on an external USB stick--i.e., I installed it using your method, but moved everything in the /S/L/E folder to the folder on the SSD. Everything works so far except for HDMI. Was working before using the UniB* bootloader. Awaking from sleep is also a little slow. I should probably look into patching the DSDT or finding someone with a UX31A that has patched it. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two is the SD card reader (I don't have one).

Someone also suggested adding this to the plist:

<key>HD4000PlatformId</key>

<string>3</string>

I'll have to try it.

BTW, is there a reason why you left some kexts in the /E/E folder? Why not move the kexts in the mkexts into the /S/L/E folder on the install drive too?

I installed TRIM enabler, and it seems to work (at least ML says the SSD is now enabled), but I haven't ran any performance tests on it.

Did you get the App Store to work?

cyf: I am in the same situation as you. GPT formatted SSD and can't get Clover to work. It does recognize the HDD by using HFS+ but can't go beyond that. So I have to boot using Chameleon USB stick (pain). If you (or anyone) manages to get UEFI booting to work using Clover, let me know!

intel HD4000 & brightness :

Added this lines in /Extra/org.chameleon.plist on UX32VD

if you use another boot loader i've understood that you can put this line in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000002006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

This line should work on UX31A to got HDMI working (on ux32VD it hangs the boot)

<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31</string>

For audio and battery metter & some fn keys i used the dsdt i've patched & attached in /Extra and the kexts in S/L/E

i tried to use Voodoo HDA but i got, as you a low level sound (and deleted voodoohda.kext ) i got a great sound

for USB

from S/L/E i deleted from inside IOUSBFamily.kext>Contents>Plugins the AppleUSBXHCI.kext\,

realy easy

For the asix, i've tried to install the real asix driver, it detects but says "peripheral not configured" as at the begin, and as the realtek sd card reader

my webcam works great & i used keyremap4macbook

for any changes, i rebuild the S/L/E cache with kext wizard

Sorry, but, instead of deleting AppleUSBXHCI.kext, use my dsdt at first/second page, patched for a lot of things (maybe you need to add your audio edit under HDEF).