ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

I tryed this already Too:-)

Which version of Clover are you using? Again, I should have asked you this earlier. Clover builds starting from 2620 have changes to OsxAptioFix which will help with sleep.

• Like 1

Which version of Clover are you using? Again, I should have asked you this earlier. Clover builds starting from 2620 have changes to OsxAptioFix which will help with sleep.

Always the newest, 2636 atm...

Relax, there will be a day, where i have more time again, where i can find out what it is :-)

I think that have something todo with new drivers from 10.9.2 :-)

Thank you very much :-)

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting a bootloader to work. 

I have tried using Chameleon, but there is no boot option in the boot menu. Even with secure boot off, and CSM enabled or disabled. Nothing shows up. I can however, boot from my USB which has Chameleon on it, with no problems. 

I have also tried Clover, but it just hangs at:

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting a bootloader to work. 

I have tried using Chameleon, but there is no boot option in the boot menu. Even with secure boot off, and CSM enabled or disabled. Nothing shows up. I can however, boot from my USB which has Chameleon on it, with no problems. 

I have also tried Clover, but it just hangs at:

Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

You will need to instal OSX on a MBR partition (not recommended). For the Pthread support, disable XHCI support in the BIOS. Also, try to get Clover installed instead of Chameleon. You should also put your laptop specs in your signature.

I give up on solving wake problem. I never get it work since 10.8 :( VT-d disabled in BIOS and I am using generate SSDT but no CpuPm patch SSDT because I don't know how to do it. :-/ Anyone can show me how to do it? Or you can patch it then I'll compare with original. I have attached the IOReg and ACPI files. 

UX32A_Clover_IOREG.zip

I give up on solving wake problem. I never get it work since 10.8 :( VT-d disabled in BIOS and I am using generate SSDT but no CpuPm patch SSDT because I don't know how to do it. :-/ Anyone can show me how to do it? Or you can patch it then I'll compare with original. I have attached the IOReg and ACPI files. 

Your ioreg and everything else seems fine!

I have a restart on wake problem too, but didn't found a solution till now too.

Cheers :-)

My ux32a goes to sleep and wakes perfectly.

I attach my DSDT (taken from Ramalama GitHub), SSDT (generated with ssdtPRGen, power management works), config.plist and drivers64uefi, I hope there's something that helps you.

asus.zip

https://github.com/Ramalama2/UX301_DSDT/tree/master/3.%20Patched%20DSDT

If you use UX32a DSDT from my Github, and Generated SSDT (Pikers ssdtprgen.sh) use SSDT-1.aml from UX32A.More folder and add to Clover <key>DropOem</key> <true/>

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#SSDT-/-DropOem

I need to Update this DSDT in 2 weeks again, have made some more fixes :-) But my Laptop is in Asus RMA now... I never gonna by asus again...

How to fix battery indicator after update to Mac OS X 10.9.2 and applying Mac Book Air SMC Update battery fix update?

Now it shows 0 percentage.

It worked perfectly without "Mac Book Air SMC Update" previously.

PS: Also which kexts did you replace after update from Mac OS X 10.9.1 to Mac OS X 10.9.2, please?

Regards

How to fix battery indicator after update to Mac OS X 10.9.2 and applying Mac Book Air SMC Update battery fix update?

Now it shows 0 percentage.

It worked perfectly without "Mac Book Air SMC Update" previously.

PS: Also which kexts did you replace after update from Mac OS X 10.9.1 to Mac OS X 10.9.2, please?

Regards

Normally you dont need any new kexts for 10.9.2, maybe only applehda...

And it seems, like you have patched wrong your dsdt for battery status... you cant update SMC in a Asus laptop...

But maybe im wrong, and SMC does something... i dont know.

It worked previously ok.

It shows that I have MacBook Air in the About this Mac -> More Info, System Information.

Normally you dont need any new kexts for 10.9.2, maybe only applehda...

And it seems, like you have patched wrong your dsdt for battery status... you cant update SMC in a Asus laptop...

But maybe im wrong, and SMC does something... i dont know.

My ux32a goes to sleep and wakes perfectly.

I attach my DSDT (taken from Ramalama GitHub), SSDT (generated with ssdtPRGen, power management works), config.plist and drivers64uefi, I hope there's something that helps you.

I don't see your attach files.

https://github.com/Ramalama2/UX301_DSDT/tree/master/3.%20Patched%20DSDT

If you use UX32a DSDT from my Github, and Generated SSDT (Pikers ssdtprgen.sh) use SSDT-1.aml from UX32A.More folder and add to Clover <key>DropOem</key> <true/>

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#SSDT-/-DropOem

I need to Update this DSDT in 2 weeks again, have made some more fixes :-) But my Laptop is in Asus RMA now... I never gonna by asus again...

hehe... i just took my laptop from Asus RMA because it was brick when I trying to fix wake problem xD I'll try SSDT-1.aml and see if it improve situation.

Forget to ask! Does your mini VGA work? 

I don't see your attach files.

hehe... i just took my laptop from Asus RMA because it was brick when I trying to fix wake problem xD I'll try SSDT-1.aml and see if it improve situation.

Forget to ask! Does your mini VGA work? 

I have a UX301LA, HDMI and DP (DP to VGA Adapter) everything is working like it should! But i have different graphic Card... it's a Iris5100

I know that VGA Adapter on UX32a doesnt work, and i didn't found any solution... but i haven't this Laptop too for testing anything...

But you can use HDMI to VGA Adapter, this is confirmed working!

You can also use HDMI only^^ If you want HDMI Audio, i have a patch for this:

https://github.com/Ramalama2/UX301_DSDT/blob/master/6.%20Experimental/Clover%20Patches/Audio-HDMI_HD4000.txt

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've been away from OSx on my UX31 for a bit, but was super happy to come back to this thread and see so much fantastic work. Is someone able to post or PM me a link to a package of the latest kexts?

Thanks!

-Craig

Hey guys,

I've been away from OSx on my UX31 for a bit, but was super happy to come back to this thread and see so much fantastic work. Is someone able to post or PM me a link to a package of the latest kexts?

Thanks!

-Craig

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283038-asus-zenbook-prime-ux31a-db51-ultrabook-fixes-mods-tweaks-etc/page-34?do=findComment&comment=1957404

It's a bit old, so search the different kexts up in Google and see if there's any new ones out there. However you can use that zip for reference what you might need.

I think that's the latest DSDT and SSDT for the UX31A. Instructions are all over the thread, so look around previous pages. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi, guys. I have small trouble with UX32A. All seems fine, except sleep (and sometimes shutdown). Last my attemp to sleep completely kill my system (I think bootloder down). What can cause this trouble?

Hi, guys. I have small trouble with UX32A. All seems fine, except sleep (and sometimes shutdown). Last my attemp to sleep completely kill my system (I think bootloder down). What can cause this trouble?

If you are on clover, update to 2646 or newer. OsxAptioFix UEFI driver has fixes for sleep. You should have sleep working on Chameleon.

If you are on clover, update to 2646 or newer. OsxAptioFix UEFI driver has fixes for sleep. You should have sleep working on Chameleon.

Yes I'm using clover. I'll try to update. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have UX31A and I'am trying to switch to 10.9.2 from 10.8.5. I have troubles with sleep/wake, audio buttons, Asus Ethernet adapted and other. I am using darkera13's DSDT, SSDT, Clover config and kexts from post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283038-asus-zenbook-prime-ux31a-db51-ultrabook-fixes-mods-tweaks-etc/page-34?do=findComment&comment=1957404

Also, I had to edit clover config by enabling HPET fixes because I was unable to book (was getting AICPUPW panic). I think that configs from post are outdated for 10.9.2 OR darkera13 has other BIOS version. My version is 219. Does anyone configured DSDT to work fine on 10.9.2 with UX31A?

Hello,

I have UX31A and I'am trying to switch to 10.9.2 from 10.8.5. I have troubles with sleep/wake, audio buttons, Asus Ethernet adapted and other. I am using darkera13's DSDT, SSDT, Clover config and kexts from post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283038-asus-zenbook-prime-ux31a-db51-ultrabook-fixes-mods-tweaks-etc/page-34?do=findComment&comment=1957404

Also, I had to edit clover config by enabling HPET fixes because I was unable to book (was getting AICPUPW panic). I think that configs from post are outdated for 10.9.2 OR darkera13 has other BIOS version. My version is 219. Does anyone configured DSDT to work fine on 10.9.2 with UX31A?

Here is my lastest config for UX31A, fully work with 10.9.2 and 10.9.3. Update like real Macbook, without any modify after update.

ux31a.zip

• Like 1