• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

i suggest install os x in mbr an use chameleon, the bios only recognize mbr partition table to boot disk

Wow. In all manuals I saw recommendation to use GPT. So I need to reinstall os x in MBR?

Wow. In all manuals I saw recommendation to use GPT. So I need to reinstall os x in MBR?

Stop. I can't install os x on MBR, because setup tell me use only GUID... Can you explain me what I don't understood?

bajito93

bajito93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
as you like, i recomend because its easy install chameleon than clover

adisor19

adisor19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

i suggest install os x in mbr an use chameleon, the bios only recognize mbr partition table to boot disk

Not true. The BIOS recognizes GUID partitions just fine. The key here is that the EFI partition MUST be formatted in FAT32. Place your Clover folders in there and the BIOS will boot it with no problems.
 Works fine on my UX31A BIOS 219.

Adi

bajito93

bajito93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
yes you can format EFi in fat32 or hfs and you can boot os x
but i prefer mbr because i can install both system (windows and mac)

darkera13

darkera13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

yes you can format EFi in fat32 or hfs and you can boot os x
but i prefer mbr because i can install both system (windows and mac)

Windows (W8, W7 64bit) can also be installed on GPT. But you must make USB installer with UEFI boot support (google to know how).

Stop. I can't install os x on MBR, because setup tell me use only GUID... Can you explain me what I don't understood?

Enter Bios -> Boot -> Add New Boot Option. Fill the form:

1. Whatever (eg: Clover)

2. Select EFI partition

3. Exactly: \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI

Save, reboot and enjoy. It should work.

P5QMac

P5QMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I'll cave in and ask for some help.

-SNIP-

After some screwdriver (it's censored, don't ask me) around I finally got this thing working. I dunno why, but the "-F" argument (capital F) solved the graphics problem. Why? I have no idea. Can it be fixed so -F isn't necessary? Hopefully. So if anyone have any input how to solve that I'd be grateful. Actually it didn't solve the problem. But I have started to get the errors far less for some bizarre reason. IntelInject-IG=090066001 seems to help for the most part. 

I did "fix" the DSDT, but I made it way too similar too 68x' and in the end only a few lines were changed, which resulted in the RehabMan Battery Kext to not work properly. So I dunno if it is even worth posting. I bet if I had changed a bit more on it it would just be a 1:1 clone with the one difference of "211" to "214" which is pretty much a useless variable in what looks like a pretty useless method.

It was interesting to try to edit DSDTs, but I can't make god-like DSDTs and patches like 68x, qwerty12, RehabMan and Rom1 manages to do when I can't write ASL and dunno what the hell I'm even doing. If I knew that I'd probably be able to patch the things properly. So I'll leave the DSDT editing to the pros.

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Enter Bios -> Boot -> Add New Boot Option. Fill the form:

1. Whatever (eg: Clover)

2. Select EFI partition

3. Exactly: \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI

Save, reboot and enjoy. It should work.

Oh, man... I already tried to copy /EFI to FAT32 bootable partition and now I can see Clover GUI. But when I select "Boot Mac OS X from Mavericks" (Mavericks it is a main partition with OS X) I see only black screen and after few seconds again Clover GUI. What I did wrong?

Rom1

Rom1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Guys, please help me with bootloader. I don't know what I doing wrong, but I tried all of them and can't boot from SSD. May be I need to know something about UX31A BIOS, because I don't understood what I need to do with Boot section. I tried to setup Clover and add \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi but still don't have any positive result.

clover works with UEFI bios.
EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi is set for Windows boot on Ux31a.
In Bios setup you should see other paths. If you have a USB key with Clover you will notice a different path.
Try the following path, if it matches your configuration:
\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

ok, now all works fine! Many thanks to all who tried to help me. But now I have very strange issue - I can't login in to AppStore, iCloud and etc. Why? I received very strange error "Unknown error".

bajito93

bajito93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

ok, now all works fine! Many thanks to all who tried to help me. But now I have very strange issue - I can't login in to AppStore, iCloud and etc. Why? I received very strange error "Unknown error".

you need change the wifi card, i recommend the atheros ar5b195, its a cheap wifi card

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Fully work with 10.9 (except SD Card Reader). Can update from App Store like Real Macbook.

attachicon.gifUX31A.zip

Man, you are great! Many thanks! Only one problem now - with App Store access. :)

you need change the wifi card, i recommend the atheros ar5b195, its a cheap wifi card

I use external ethernet. May be you know it is USB ethernet for UX31A. I saw some solutions about fix this problem in ML, but can't find in Mavericks these files.

bajito93

bajito93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
you need a internal wifi card not work with a external

darkera13

darkera13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Man, you are great! Many thanks! Only one problem now - with App Store access. :)

I use external ethernet. May be you know it is USB ethernet for UX31A. I saw some solutions about fix this problem in ML, but can't find in Mavericks these files.

Impossible! Require a built-in ethernet, replace your wifi card.

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

you need a internal wifi card not work with a external

Impossible! Require a built-in ethernet.

Thank you guys, now I understood. May be you know some good internal WiFi+Bluetooth for my UX31A?

By the way... before I installed Mac OS X on my laptop - I used VmWare Mac OS Mavericks and... you know - AppStore and iCloud worked. 

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Unfortunately today sound card stop working. I'm surprized because yesterday all worked fine. I don't have any ideas what happend.

Notice - new kext com.apple.driver.LegacyAppleHDA, v8.8.8 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: __ZN28IOAudioTimeIntervalFilterIIR9metaClassE

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - link failed.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008016).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008016).

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Solved. The issue was in this point __ZN28IOAudioTimeIntervalFilterIIR9metaClassE

So if you will have same problem all you need is new IOAudioFamily.kext with this instruction. I attached properly AppleHDA with IOAudioFamilly with source code.

Attached Files

berny_

berny_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Hi guys, after installing Mavericks I lost audio, I tried several kexts without success, any ideas? 

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Hi guys, after installing Mavericks I lost audio, I tried several kexts without success, any ideas? 

First of all - what you see in dmesg? For example: sudo dmesg|grep HDA

akeeper

akeeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Why don't work sleep mode if I close laptop? And work if I press Fn+F1?

pavn

pavn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Would this connector work to make an adapter for Wifi antenna for exchanged Wifi cards?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy