ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

Could you tell me what to change for USB? My SATA in bios is set to AHCI.

You need to change a setting in your bios. I don't remember exactly what its called but it checks the usb before you boot to it.

Thanks, let me test now. Will be back soon with results...

xhci preboot mode needs to be disabled

I was able to get here, now it is waiting again.

Will try boot with -x if it will help.

xhci preboot mode needs to be disabled

post-51549-0-12386000-1373747000_thumb.jpg

It is waiting here now.

With xhci disabled and i marked GraphicsInjector in options menu in clover boot menu, if this is what you mean?

When I had that issue i turned off xhci and i booted with GraphicsEnabler=No and it booted first try

post-51549-0-37534600-1373748709_thumb.jpg

I don't know what to tell you, maybe someone else can chime in?

I am actually having problems of my own right now. I got my wireless card and installed it and everything went well. I used it for a day or two then i updated f.lux and everything went wrong. f.lux wouldn't boot any longer. My finder then went into a crashing loop and I then deleted flux and all of its contents and it was all good for a day. And I was using my mac today and finder crashed once again and this time i can not open anything. No system preferences nothing. Could it be caused by the wireless card that I installed? That is the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

It looks to me that Bluetooth is causing the issue, what is your opinion?

I don't know what to tell you, maybe someone else can chime in?

I am actually having problems of my own right now. I got my wireless card and installed it and everything went well. I used it for a day or two then i updated f.lux and everything went wrong. f.lux wouldn't boot any longer. My finder then went into a crashing loop and I then deleted flux and all of its contents and it was all good for a day. And I was using my mac today and finder crashed once again and this time i can not open anything. No system preferences nothing. Could it be caused by the wireless card that I installed? That is the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

What are advantages?

Is OSX 10.9 stable operating system?

Are there advantages which are missing in OSX 10.8?

Is not OSX 10.9 still in beta stage?

I have a question,

Has someone succesfully installed OSX 10.9, Mavericks preview on his zenbook?

i don't get it done. I have made a install stick with myhack on a mac.

When i want to boot the installer it hangs at IOUSBFamily.... 

Could some instanely mac zenbook user help me to get this booting issue resolved?

It looks like issue because of Bluetooth. See recent screenshot.

It is waiting here now.
With xhci disabled and i marked GraphicsInjector in options menu in clover boot menu, if this is what you mean?

I have a question,

Has someone succesfully installed OSX 10.9, Mavericks preview on his zenbook?

i don't get it done. I have made a install stick with myhack on a mac.

When i want to boot the installer it hangs at IOUSBFamily.... 

I prefer waiting for the final version to be released. It makes no sense to install it now. Apple DP versions of OS X are VERY unstable and in the hackintosh context, make no sense. Heck, i played with a beta of 10.5 on my old MBP and that was a decision I regret.

Adi

I prefer waiting for the final version to be released. It makes no sense to install it now. Apple DP versions of OS X are VERY unstable and in the hackintosh context, make no sense. Heck, i played with a beta of 10.5 on my old MBP and that was a decision I regret.

Adi

It is fun testing preview and RC builds. Thats all and no big deal if you have a spare comp to play with.

I tried to play with it according on tips from this forum and now Bluetooth issue is not displayed. But still OS X does not boot. See the screenshots. It waits here.

Just a note, that it is not frozen, but it does not boot.

Keyboard reacts - allows to type something but it is not command line. And if trackpad is touched, then it writes ApplePS2Mouse: Unexpected data from PS/2 controller on screen.

Any tip, please?

post-51549-0-38785800-1373996050_thumb.jpg

I was able to boot Mac OS X finally. :):thumbsup_anim:

Now trying to tune things...

I tried to play with it according on tips from this forum and now Bluetooth issue is not displayed. But still OS X does not boot. See the screenshots. It waits here.

Just a note, that it is not frozen, but it does not boot.
Keyboard reacts - allows to type something but it is not command line. And if trackpad is touched, then it writes ApplePS2Mouse: Unexpected data from PS/2 controller on screen.

Any tip, please?

Could you tell me what is this PCI card, please?

post-51549-0-30818000-1374025204_thumb.jpg

Do you think that my zenbook contains Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter? Or is it reported not correctly?

You're using a DSDT posted in this thread that is modified for a different wifi card. No, your Zenbook does not have that card. You can buy it off e-bay for 8$. + another 5 $ for internal wifi antennas since the connectors on the integrated antennas on the zenbook are not standard.

Adi

Aha. Does such card contain also Bluetooth 4.0?

You're using a DSDT posted in this thread that is modified for a different wifi card. No, your Zenbook does not have that card. You can buy it off e-bay for 8$. + another 5 $ for internal wifi antennas since the connectors on the integrated antennas on the zenbook are not standard.

Adi

Did you were able to get SD Card Reader to work, please?

I installed ElanTouchpad_v2.7.5, but trackapad sometimes does something strange. Eg. in Firefox occassionally even i do not touch keyboard, it calls firefox View or Edit menu items. Any advice, please?

Aha. Does such card contain also Bluetooth 4.0?

No. It supports Bluetooth 3.0 which is more than fine for the time being IMO.

Just trying to get audio to work, it somehow does not work automatically with phelics12 kexts.

I see audio here.

But I do not see the audio here.

Look in the thread for 68x kexts. He posted them and the audio works fine. All the extra kexts should always go to S/L/E if you wanna avoid problems.

Sleep mode does not work. It goes to black screen than does restart of zenbook.

Most likely you're missing the proper SSDT files just like me.

I found this Atheros Wifi card with Bluetooth 4.0. Could this work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Atheros-AR5B225-WIFI-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-0-Half-MINI-PCI-E-Card-Exceed-6235-/171006805484?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item27d0ccc5ec

Look in the thread for 68x kexts. He posted them and the audio works fine. All the extra kexts should always go to S/L/E if you wanna avoid problems.

Did you were able to get SD Card Reader to work, please?

I installed ElanTouchpad_v2.7.5, but trackapad sometimes does something strange. Eg. in Firefox occassionally even i do not touch keyboard, it calls firefox View or Edit menu items. Any advice, please?

SD Card reader doesn't work. No point in searching for a solution, there is simply none for the time being.

What is S/L/E?

Most likely you're missing the proper SSDT files just like me.

I found this Atheros Wifi card with Bluetooth 4.0. Could this work?

Only partially and only if you boot it to windows first. It's a works in progress. Watch this thread and read carefully before buying it as there are quite a few limitations for now :

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2767-broadcom-80211-ac-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card-for-osx/?p=20969

Adi

What is S/L/E?

System/Library/Extensions folder path on your OS X installation.

It does not look like the same Wifi card.

This is Atheros.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Atheros-QCWB335-689457-001-WIFI-Wireless-Bluetooth-BT-4-0-Card-/121099467821?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item1c32173c2d

In the forum link you gave it is Broadcom.

Only partially and only if you boot it to windows first. It's a works in progress. Watch this thread and read carefully before buying it as there are quite a few limitations for now :

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2767-broadcom-80211-ac-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card-for-osx/?p=20969

Adi

System/Library/Extensions folder path on your OS X installation.