• Please log in to reply
942 replies to this topic

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
I am using the vanilla AppleIntelFramebufferCapri from 10.8.3 for my HDMI. I do not have audio, but it's better than using mini-vga. My HDMI solution is very much plug n' play.

This is my Geekbench score, http://browser.prima...kbench2/1770164

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Weird, I'm using your config.plist and phelics12 kexts and I have sound. Does your mini-VGA works? Btw, what's the maximum resolution you can get?

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Weird, I'm using your config.plist and phelics12 kexts and I have sound. Does your mini-VGA works? Btw, what's the maximum resolution you can get?

My mini-vga DOES NOT work. I prefer HDMI due to it's plug n' play. I get the full 1920x1080. I'll be making a guide soon.

My config.plist works best with a vanilla AppleIntelFramebufferCapri,kext (get it from your USB installer or from the 10.8.3 combo update).

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

My mini-vga DOES NOT work. I prefer HDMI due to it's plug n' play. I get the full 1920x1080. I'll be making a guide soon.

My config.plist works best with a vanilla AppleIntelFramebufferCapri,kext (get it from your USB installer or from the 10.8.3 combo update).

So you don't have that problem with About This Mac -> More Info turning your screen black?

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

So you don't have that problem with About This Mac -> More Info turning your screen black?

No, I have a stable and perfectly running hackintosh.

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Why is this necessary ? Did you have to remove them initially when you installed 10.8.2 ? Can you list those kexts ?

Thanks,

Adi

GeForceXX.kext
NVDXXX.kext

Those are the offending kexts.

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Would be nice to know if others have the same problem as me or not. I even removed all the offending kexts you point out. Is there a way of debugging this? Like running dmesg over SSH when I trigger the black screen thing? Any help is highly appreciated.

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
That wasn't meant for you, go into your BIOS, and make sure that you have set your graphics memory to 64M.

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

That wasn't meant for you, go into your BIOS, and make sure that you have set your graphics memory to 64M.

Yes it is.

I'm left wondering if my Zenbook is actually UX32VD and not other model (on the bottom it says UX32V). It's a Core i5 1.7GHz with 4GB RAM and 32GB internal SSD + 320 HDD (I replaced it with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD).

Anyway, everything works besides external monitor (haven't tried HDMI since last time) and every time I click About My Mac -> More Info or every time I use some kind of system monitor app the screen goes off.

Sometimes, when the screen is black, I'm able to turn it back on just by closing and reopening the lid. This is very odd behavior, is it not?

Any hints are highly appreciated.

P.S.: I've reinstalled everything with 10.8.2 and am not upgrading to 10.8.3 so that you guys may be able to help me easily.

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Yes it is.

I'm left wondering if my Zenbook is actually UX32VD and not other model (on the bottom it says UX32V). It's a Core i5 1.7GHz with 4GB RAM and 32GB internal SSD + 320 HDD (I replaced it with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD).

Anyway, everything works besides external monitor (haven't tried HDMI since last time) and every time I click About My Mac -> More Info or every time I use some kind of system monitor app the screen goes off.

Sometimes, when the screen is black, I'm able to turn it back on just by closing and reopening the lid. This is very odd behavior, is it not?

Any hints are highly appreciated.

P.S.: I've reinstalled everything with 10.8.2 and am not upgrading to 10.8.3 so that you guys may be able to help me easily.

First, let's make sure that your Intel HD 4000 has a device-id of 0x09 (open up System Profiler and go to Graphics, take a screenshot and I'll confirm for you).

I also have gotten HDMI audio to work, with min-vga without any freezing. I'll release the patched kext after I do more testing.

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

First, let's make sure that your Intel HD 4000 has a device-id of 0x09 (open up System Profiler and go to Graphics, take a screenshot and I'll confirm for you).

I open System Profiler and can navigate everything but Graphics. The screen goes black. Is there any other way?

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I open System Profiler and can navigate everything but Graphics. The screen goes black. Is there any other way?

Download this app, http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3432

All you have to do is take a "dump" of the log (File -> Save as ...). Then upload the dumped log to Mediafire or similar host.

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Ah ah, I've just closed the lid, opened it, pressed Enter to wake-up and voilá.. it opened.

Posted Image

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Ah ah, I've just closed the lid, opened it, pressed Enter to wake-up and voilá.. it opened.

Perfect, you have a 0166009 (same as the UX32VD). Where did you get your DSDT.aml from?

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
AFAIK, I'm not using any DSDT. I've followed phelics12 instructions (installed Clover, replaced some EFI stuff with his EFI stuff like ACPI/mini, ACPI/patched, OEM etc.) I've also installed the kexts he made available but with two differences:

1) I use your config.plist (MacbookAir5,2)
2) I've installed AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from the installer (so I'm using the vanilla kext as you instructed before).

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

AFAIK, I'm not using any DSDT. I've followed phelics12 instructions (installed Clover, replaced some EFI stuff with his EFI stuff like ACPI/mini, ACPI/patched, OEM etc.) I've also installed the kexts he made available but with two differences:

1) I use your config.plist (MacbookAir5,2)
2) I've installed AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from the installer (so I'm using the vanilla kext as you instructed before).

You ARE using a DSDT (it is located under EFI -> ACPI -> Patched). It enables more hardware functionality and adds stability.

Try to get a more up to date version rather than using phelics12. Look back in the last 2 pages, I am sure that I attached one.

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

You ARE using a DSDT (it is located under EFI -> ACPI -> Patched). It enables more hardware functionality and adds stability.

Try to get a more up to date version rather than using phelics12. Look back in the last 2 pages, I am sure that I attached one.

I've mounted my EFI partition and replaced (ofc, I've made a backup first) the existing DSDT.aml (83081 bytes) with yours (#311) (83002 bytes), rebooted and the behavior is the same. Do I need to force anything on Clover?

The DSDT backup is in the same folder, but named DSDT.aml.ORIG. Does this cause any kind of trouble?

12rithy

12rithy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I also have gotten HDMI audio to work, with min-vga without any freezing. I'll release the patched kext after I do more testing.

OK! Just wait for patched kext :D

ppires

ppires

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Some more info:

Posted Image
Yes, I've "hacked" my config.plist a little bit in EFI\OEM\MacbookAir5,2\config.plist. But the screen going black issue already existed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

OK! Just wait for patched kext :D

Do you have the same issue?

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
The HDMI will still freeze, however, to work around this plug in your VGA cable then connect your HDMI cable.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy