ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

INSTALLATION TUTORIAL ML 10.8 on Zenbook UX32VD (works for other zenbooks too)

Thanks for the guide, but I'm really struggling to get it working, I've been trying for hours to get Clover running but without results, I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I add Clover to the boot option as I should but I always get a black screen and nothing happens. I've got some questions that could help me:

Where is the EFI partition located? Is it on the internal SSD (disk1s1) or the HDD (disk0s1), in your guide it says disk0 so it should be the HDD, although when you add it as a boot option in the BIOS you say select the iSSD, so shouldn't it be disk1s1 that you need to format and mount and do all the config on?

Plus, isn't there a step missing in the guide where you copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition?

"----# diskutil list

----# sudo newfs_msdos -v Fat32 -F 32 /dev/disk0s1"

and then in the next step you say

"mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /mnt

cd /mnt/EFI/drivers64UEFI"

and assume that there are files there, while you have just formatted that drive before? I was confused and assumed you had to copy the EFI files installed on your Mountain Lion partition to the EFI partition, correct?

My setup is as following:

disk 0: Recovery Partition (300MB) / EFI System Partition / Windows 8 partition

disk 1 (iSSD): EFI System Partition (200MB) / OS X 10.8

Edit: I've now tried solving it by putting the EFI folder on an USB stick and I can finally get into Clover, but starting OSX just hangs immediately..

I so badly want to get this working in 64 bit, but I've been stuck for hours now :/. Has someone who has it working already benchmarked it? Does it actually run pretty much twice as fast now (as it should be) compared to Chameleon method?

Is the USB ethernet dongle that came with the UX31A working for anyone? Do I need to do something to make it work? I don't see it under devices in the Network preferences.

Take the AX88772.kext out from the enclosed file and put it in your IONetworkingFamily.kext. Rebuild and fix permissions, etc.

Thanks for the guide, but I'm really struggling to get it working, I've been trying for hours to get Clover running but without results, I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I add Clover to the boot option as I should but I always get a black screen and nothing happens. I've got some questions that could help me:

Yeah, once you mount the EFI directory, you need to copy your EFI files from your USB stick into that partition. In your case, it would be /mnt/EFI.

Basically, if you can mount the EFI partition on the desktop, you can even drag the EFI folder on your USB drive over to the partition (drag the EFI folder so it copies the folder, not just the contents).

I'm not familiar with dual drive setup, but you may want to visit here:

http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/19291-guide-clover-efi-bootloader-115.html

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

• Like 1

Anybody using an USB audio device on a Zenbook?

I've tried two devices. Both don't show up in Sound preferences. One is the C Media based Logilink 7.1 USB audio. The other is a Terratec Subsession USB speaker.

It seams there is some compatibility problem between the USB audio device an the USB 3.0 host on the Zenbook. (It works well on a Mountain Lion ThinkPad.)

Any ideas?

Do you guys think a tool like this would work in our case: http://www.insanelym...tching-utility/

I've been using a non-DSDT on my desktop (10.8.2) without any issues and EVERYTHING works out of the box:

ASUS Maximus V Gene

I7-3770K

G.SKILL RipJaws X (Blue) 4x8GB DDR3-1866

OCZ PCIe RevoDrive SSD 120GB

The only problem I face is: I can't plug USB 3.0 devices into my USB 2.0 ports and vice-versa.

I spoke with the developer of the app and this is what he said:

There is little to no difference between AMI BIOSes on modern ASUS desktops and ASUS laptops, so I can't see why it won't work.

The main problem is again with flashing, because EZ Flash or BUpdater can refuse to flash a modified BIOS and I don't know how to bypass that protection, but there is a way to integrate a patch into BIOS without taking much risk:

1. Download Intel Flash Programming Tool compatible with your laptop. You can try FPT v8 (99% chance to work) from my FTK toolset.

2. If you are using FTK, go to Win32 or Win64 folder and run biosbkp.bat as Administrator using right-click menu.

3. I'm assuming you can boot to Windows on your laptop, if not - here is an image of DOS-bootable USB-Flash with FTK, that can be written with dd, namedFTK_x.y.z_bin.zip.

4. Anyway, run Command Prompt as Administrator and cd to FTK/Win32 or FTK/Win64 folder.

5. Enter fpt -bios -d bck.bin command, if it ends with green "FPT Operation Passed" message - you have now a dump of your BIOS region.

6. Patch this dump file with PMPatch, producing bck.mod file. Copy that modified file to FTK/Win32 or FTK/Win64 folder.

7. Flash your modified dump back by executing fpt -bios -f bck.mod command. If it doesn't fails and green "FPT Operation Passed" message is present - you are done.

8. Reboot and see what happens. I can't guarantee anything, but there is only a little chance of fail, as I see it.

You can try it on your desktop board first to see it working.

I'm thinking about an automated solution for that, because it's easy to a write a batch file for doing all of that things in one seat. Will do it a bit later when I have more time for programming.

Yeah, once you mount the EFI directory, you need to copy your EFI files from your USB stick into that partition. In your case, it would be /mnt/EFI.

Basically, if you can mount the EFI partition on the desktop, you can even drag the EFI folder on your USB drive over to the partition (drag the EFI folder so it copies the folder, not just the contents).

I'm not familiar with dual drive setup, but you may want to visit here:

http://www.osx86.net...loader-115.html

Thanks for the answer, but I still can't get it to work with Clover. I've tried your Clover EFI folder from 2-3 pages back in this topic and also redid the guide on the last page again from both USB and EFI partition on the SSD, but no luck with both methods. When it boots it either hangs at varying statements (in verbose mode, like "Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused") or it just reboots immediately and takes me back to the BIOS screen.

I'm about to give up because it's getting really frustrating :/, no clue what I'm doing wrong, since it seems to work for most of the people here, though I'm no expert in this area, but I thought I followed all the steps correctly that have been given here.

It works just fine in Chameleon, but then it's in 32 bit mode and the CPU can only be utilised for about 50% of its maximum performance, guess I'll have to stick with a VMWare install (with buggy graphics drivers) to do my development in :/.

.. or if someone with a UX32VD i7 could share his up-to-date EFI partition, maybe that could help, although I read it varies strongly based on what setup you have? I just want to try it on a USB stick and boot the Mountain Lion partition on my internal SSD.

@pippo: Does speedstepping work correctly for you in your clover setup?

Measuring with SMC Monitor the CPU frequency is almost everytime at 18000 MHz (going down very rarely, even with no CPU usage).

The CPU P-States seem to be correct:

3000 17000 10 10 7680 7680 2900 17000 10 10 7424 7424 2800 17000 10 10 7168 7168 2604 17000 10 10 6912 6912 2600 17000 10 10 6656 6656 2500 17000 10 10 6400 6400 2400 17000 10 10 6144 6144 2300 17000 10 10 5888 5888 2200 17000 10 10 5632 5632 2100 17000 10 10 5376 5376 2000 17000 10 10 5120 5120 1900 17000 10 10 4864 4864 1800 17000 10 10 4608 4608 1700 15966 10 10 4352 4352 1600 15119 10 10 4096 4096 1500 14124 10 10 3840 3840 1400 13311 10 10 3584 3584 1300 12514 10 10 3328 3328 1200 11578 10 10 3072 3072 1100 10814 10 10 2816 2816 1000 10067 10 10 2560 2560 900 9182 10 10 2304 2304 800 8467 10 10 2048 2048

I use the clover setup from pippo combined with the DSDT.aml/kexts from thomas.

Battery is also not perfect (under 4h).

My EFI folder (for UX32VD) is attached.

EFI.zip

Hey guys, thanks for the great how-tos!

unfortunately i'm not able to run anything (osx install or installed osx) without the -x flag. the grey wheel under the apple logo stops spinning and the colored waiting cursor appears, spinning into infinity... booting the install, verbose hangs at "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed" when the cursor appears. After installing with -x and deleting the Geforce.kext verbose gives me 3 more lines:

"**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff800a14cc00 ****

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService" - and freezes.

It seems like it's waiting for the bluetooth controller to respond, which fails I'm pretty sure by now this is a problem with graphics, because graphics initialization comes right after bluetooth, which is completed. GraphicsEnabler=No didn't take any effect, hangs at the same as above.

Any Ideas to a possible solution would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance

(Mac OS X 10.8.2 Appstore, GUID table partitioned. No changes that are not in pippo's how to, 32VD with BIOS 213)

Edited by Lejenk
Removed reference

Hey guys, thanks for the great how-tos!

unfortunately i'm not able to run anything (osx install or installed osx) without the -x flag. the grey wheel under the apple logo stops spinning and the colored waiting cursor appears, spinning into infinity... booting the install, verbose hangs at "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed" when the cursor appears. After installing with -x and deleting the Geforce.kext verbose gives me 3 more lines:

"**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff800a14cc00 ****

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService" - and freezes.

It seems like it's waiting for the bluetooth controller to respond, which fails I'm pretty sure by now this is a problem with graphics, because graphics initialization comes right after bluetooth, which is completed. GraphicsEnabler=No didn't take any effect, hangs at the same as above.

Any Ideas to a possible solution would be greatly appreciated..

(Mac OS X 10.8.2 Appstore, GUID table partitioned, No changes that are not in pippo's how to, 32VD with BIOS 213)

1. I presume you don't have anything plugged in that you don't have to--i.e., no external peripherals, HDMI, or USB network or VGI adapters?

2. My experience is that it's not the BT (the BT actually worked on the Intel card that my UX21A came with, but removing the bluetooth kext (I can't remember which, but it was mentioned at the front of this thread), kick started it. Are you running Chameleon? Don't have much experience with it.

3. Did you rebuild your kext cache after you deleted/moved the kexts?

In general, there have been times that I've had to restart my laptop several times, trying stuff like turning off Wi-Fi and BT by toggling Fn+F2, cutting the head off a live chicken, dance around the fireplace in a loin cloth, etc., before it booted.

Seriously though, if ANYONE is getting a different error every reboot, that means it's trying to work something out.

Recommend everyone create a sig. with their specs.

Thanks for the answer, but I still can't get it to work with Clover. I've tried your Clover EFI folder from 2-3 pages back in this topic and also redid the guide on the last page again from both USB and EFI partition on the SSD, but no luck with both methods. When it boots it either hangs at varying statements (in verbose mode, like "Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused") or it just reboots immediately and takes me back to the BIOS screen.

I'm about to give up because it's getting really frustrating :/, no clue what I'm doing wrong, since it seems to work for most of the people here, though I'm no expert in this area, but I thought I followed all the steps correctly that have been given here.

It works just fine in Chameleon, but then it's in 32 bit mode and the CPU can only be utilised for about 50% of its maximum performance, guess I'll have to stick with a VMWare install (with buggy graphics drivers) to do my development in :/.

.. or if someone with a UX32VD i7 could share his up-to-date EFI partition, maybe that could help, although I read it varies strongly based on what setup you have? I just want to try it on a USB stick and boot the Mountain Lion partition on my internal SSD.

Can you post a screenshot or attach a file listing of what is on your USB key? I gather from reading your post that you don't have even the USB working yet. I would not recommend using my copy of the EFI files because your model is different--DSDT especially, PLUS I have a lot of kexts that may not be standard at this point.

See the comments I have above in this same reply, and if you are getting different errors, you should really get to the point where you booting to the same spot--though it sounds like you're getting to a blank.

I think priority 1 is for you to get Cover working on the USB key.

SOMEONE WITH A UX32VD post your DSDT or, better yet, a copy of your EFI folder.

1. I presume you don't have anything plugged in that you don't have to--i.e., no external peripherals, HDMI, or USB network or VGI adapters?

2. My experience is that it's not the BT (the BT actually worked on the Intel card that my UX21A came with, but removing the bluetooth kext (I can't remember which, but it was mentioned at the front of this thread), kick started it. Are you running Chameleon? Don't have much experience with it.

3. Did you rebuild your kext cache after you deleted/moved the kexts?

Thank you for your answer. As i also assumed, it had nothing to do with bluetooth (as far as I got).

Deleting the Geforce.kext AND AppleACPIPlatform.kext + doing a manual cache rebuild with kext wizard (or terminal) instead of just recaching with -f did it for me (booting without -x).

I add Clover to the boot option as I should but I always get a black screen and nothing happens.

I had this issue as well, always black screens... Try using the provided EFI Folder by SeppDepp above

Then in the BIOS Entry use "\" and not "/" like someone else said. So "\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi" (On the UX32VD the \ in BIOS is on the > key)

I managed to get Clover running (internally) but it's not starting OSX unfortunately. It shows me the apple logo and some text layed over:

"panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000659e01): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.18.24/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1548

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Adress"

....some hex values...

Any Ideas anyone?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

My last successful attempt at hackintosh scene is OSX 10.5 several years ago. Now I have returned to build another with the U32VD. Thus-far without much luck (MBR format), stuck at Apple logo boot screen. I am currently using OSX 10.8.2 image.

I have changed my strategy to follow either Thomas2111 or Pippo guides.

If any kind soul is willing to upload the aforementioned file, I truly appreciate the efforts.

Edited by Lejenk
Removed URL referal to unsupported software

Ok got Clover working, boots OS X in seconds, very nice (I will post some tips for those who still struggle later)

Anyone able to boot a Windows (7) install stick from Clover? It just gives me a black screen which returns to the Clover menu after key input...

(need to install windows from UEFI to install it on GPT)

Is the VGA adapter that came with UX31a working for people? I tried with a couple of different projectors but it was not able to detect the second display :(

Tried with an external monitor, when I connect the cable it goes from "Cable not connected" to "No Signal"

Hey Folks ..

I got most of the thinks working with nhart12 kext. [Not DSDT]

Have 1080p. UX31A running 10.8.2

Problems tht need urgent attention:

App store unkown error: i Have read a lot of docs online on this regarding generating hex key. Problem is EFI Studio dose not recognize USB Ethernet.

I used gfxutil to convert device-properties for Network controller to hex.

http://wiki.michaelhan.net/index.php/Fixing_App_Store_error:_%22Your_device_or_computer_could_not_be_verified._Contact_support_for_assistance.%22

But hex string generated is small and dosent get rid of error

nhart12 how or UX31 owners how did u get over this problem.

Audio is still not working: Tried voodoo 2.7.3: i think its missing device ID. Any comments.[Apple HDA is deleted]

Regarding DSDT/SSDT how do i know they are applied? When i place dsdt.aml in EFI/ACPI/patched system hangs at boot.

DSDT and SSDT are in Extra folder and clover config is pointing to /Extra.

USB3: need to look into this as my iphone is not detected by machine.

Once i am done i will write a tuts for newbies.

For now can anyone answer my Q.

Ok got Clover working, boots OS X in seconds, very nice (I will post some tips for those who still struggle later)

Anyone able to boot a Windows (7) install stick from Clover? It just gives me a black screen which returns to the Clover menu after key input...

Could you please share the tips sooner? I am still struggle to get Clover boot in UX32A :(

What else did you do to finally get OS X booting? I'm now stuck at the error you copy-pasted in your previous post :).

Ok I completely redid it, documenting. This is exactly how i proceeded: (mostly based on pippo's howto, UX32VD-R4002H)

Copy all attached files on your unib3ast stick, so you can access them while in safe mode.

- With stick, boot OS X 10.8.2 install, with -x flag.

- Disk utility - Partition your system disk (as many partitions as you wish) with the GUID Table (Mac Part. with Mac OSX Ext Journaled of course)

- Boot Mac OS X with -x flag

- Go to /System/Library/Extensions and delete ONLY Geforce.kext, install attached kexts (by nhart12 and Thomas 21111) with kext wizard, rebuild kext cache

- Install clover v2 r1000 - customize: UEFI boot (UEFI motherboards), Install & start 64bit boot first, Drivers32, Drivers 64, Drivers64UEFI

- Run Diskutil list (look for the identifier for your 209.7 MB EFI Partition on the Disk where OS X is installed, in my case disk0s1)

- sudo newfs_msdos -v Fat32 -F 32 /dev/disk0s1 (to repartition the EFI partition)

- Reboot. Boot OS X in single user mode (-s)

- When files are loaded and you see :/ root# , type sudo nvram -x -p > /nvram.plist returns: -sh: /nvram.plist: Read-only file system

- Type reboot

- Boot OS X (no flags this time)

- Recheck correct EFI identifier: diskutil list (for me disk order changed after reformat)

- Mount your EFI partition: sudo mkdir -p /mnt

sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /mnt (again, check for your own identifier!)

- FAT32 should be mounted in finder now. copy the EFI Folder from your system disk (or the disk you chose at clover install) to FAT32 (drag on the finder mount or via terminal, backup replaced files if neccesary)

- Go to the EFI Folder on your FAT32 Mount. Replace Folders ACPI/mini, ACPI/patched, drivers64UEFI and OEM with the folders from my EFI. Replace also config.plist from my EFI.

- When finished, unmount FAT32 (Your EFI Partition) with sudo umount /mnt

- Delete EFI folder from your system partition (or where clover was installed to) to be sure to boot the right partition with EFI folder

- Reboot, go to BIOS, Add New Boot Option:

Name: CLOVER (or whatever)

Filesystem: Choose the EFI Partition of your system Disk (if you're not sure which filesystem to pick, create multiple Boot Options with same parameters but try different filesystems)

Path: \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi , Save, Reboot

- Hit Esc at Asus logo, choose Bootoption to boot. (in my case first filesystem in list was the right one)

- in Clover, hit "Boot Mac OS X from …"

Audio, Fn Keys, Standby, Lan Adapter, Battery Meter work, didn't test video out yet.

Files: UX32VD_1.zip, UX32VD_2.zip

I am still struggle to get Clover boot in UX32A :(

I can't guarantee that it works for the UX32A too, give it a try!

What else did you do to finally get OS X booting? I'm now stuck at the error you copy-pasted in your previous post :).

The Error occurs, amongst other things, when you delete the requiered AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Always keep a backup of deleted kexts

Anyone luck with Multitouch yet?? (with Elan v4 beta drivers)

UX32VD_1.zip

UX32VD_2.zip

Edited by Lejenk
Removed reference
  • Like 3

Ok I completely redid it, documenting. This is exactly how i proceeded: (mostly based on pippo's howto, UX32VD-R4002H)

Wow, I can't believe it.. it's finally working woohoo! I am so grateful, thank you phelics12, for you writing this guide, it worked right out of the box and it boots extremely fast. Since I have the exact same model UX32VD, I just tried your exact EFI folder and it worked straight away! :)

What I notice so far that isn't (fully) working:

- HDMI out: plugging in the HDMI cable doesn't do anything, rebooting with the cable plugged in gives no screen, only some small artifacts on the left side of the screen

- Performance is still not optimal compared to my VMWare install, I do have 10GB ram available now, but the CPU isn't working 100% when it should, I get the same CPU performance as with the 32-bit kernel of Chameleon (http://www.mediafire...u5t7bt8bvj7qq3a vmware vs native with chameleon, results with clover are very similar to chameleon after running geekbench)

- Sleep is not working for me, it seems to power on again, but the screen doesn't come on

Copy all attached files on your unib3ast stick, so you can access them while in safe mode.

- Boot OS X 10.8.2 install, with -x flag.

- Disk utility - Partition your system disk (as many partitions as you wish) with the GUID Table (Mac Part. with Mac OSX Ext Journaled of course)

- Boot Mac OS X with -x flag

- Go to /System/Library/Extensions and delete ONLY Geforce.kext, install attached kexts (by nhart12 and Thomas 21111) with kext wizard, rebuild kext cache

- Install clover v2 r1000 - customize: UEFI boot (UEFI motherboards), Install & start 64bit boot first, Drivers32, Drivers 64, Drivers64UEFI

- Run Diskutil list (look for the identifier for your 209.7 MB EFI Partition on the Disk where OS X is installed, in my case disk0s1)

- sudo newfs_msdos -v Fat32 -F 32 /dev/disk0s1 (to repartition the EFI partition)

- Reboot with unib3ast. Boot OS X in single user mode (-s)

- When files are loaded and you see :/ root# , type sudo nvram -x -p > /nvram.plist returns: -sh: /nvram.plist: Read-only file system

- Type reboot

- Boot OS X (no flags this time)

- Recheck correct EFI identifier: diskutil list (for me disk order changed after reformat)

- Mount your EFI partition: sudo mkdir -p /mnt

sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /mnt (again, check for your own identifier!)

- FAT32 should be mounted in finder now. if there is data on it, delete it and copy the EFI Folder from your system disk (or the disk you chose at clover install) to FAT32 (drag on the finder mount or via terminal)

- Go to the EFI Folder on your FAT32 Mount. Replace Folders ACPI/mini, ACPI/patched, drivers64UEFI and OEM with the folders from my EFI. Replace also config.plist from my EFI.

- When finished, unmount FAT32 (Your EFI Partition) with sudo umount /mnt

- Delete EFI folder from your system disk (or where clover was installed to) to be sure to boot the right partition with EFI folder

- Reboot, go to BIOS, Add New Boot Option:

Name: CLOVER (or whatever)

Filesystem: Choose the EFI Partition of your system Disk (if you're not sure which filesystem to pick, create multiple Boot Options with same parameters but try different filesystems)

Path: \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi , Save, Reboot

- Hit Esc at Asus logo, choose Bootoption to boot. (in my case first filesystem in list was the right one)

- in Clover, hit "Boot Mac OS X from …"

Audio, Fn Keys, Standby, Lan Adapter, Battery Meter work, didn't test video out yet.

I got Clover to boot ML and triple boot Windows, Ubuntu in my UX32A now. Thank you very much phelics12! I didn't test what work or not because I hurry to back to thank you :)

Edited by Lejenk
Removed reference

Thanks, phelics12. I have successfully booted with -x argument. Trackpad not functioning at first, rushed out for a USB mouse.....

It looks like your instructions have combined all previous fixes to make a grand finale "Clover" boot. There is one step in the instruction-set I do not completely understand below.

- Delete EFI folder from your system disk (or where clover was installed to) to be sure to boot the right partition with EFI folder.

Correct me if I am wrong, I gather that "you install clover temporarily" and move its contents to replace the EFI on the OSX partition, afterwards, remove all other bootloaders (windows or GRUB) from the disk?

I've already installed Ubuntu 12.10. I am thinking what to do in a dual boot environment with clover as the only bootloader. Hoping for the Hackintosh gurus to lend a hand?

Thanks, phelics12. I have successfully booted with -x argument. Trackpad not functioning at first, rushed out for a USB mouse.....

It looks like your instructions have combined all previous fixes to make a grand finale "Clover" boot. There is one step in the instruction-set I do not completely understand below.

- Delete EFI folder from your system disk (or where clover was installed to) to be sure to boot the right partition with EFI folder.

Correct me if I am wrong, I gather that "you install clover temporarily" and move its contents to replace the EFI on the OSX partition, afterwards, remove all other bootloaders (windows or GRUB) from the disk?

I've already installed Ubuntu 12.10. I am thinking what to do in a dual boot environment with clover as the only bootloader. Hoping for the Hackintosh gurus to lend a hand?

Hmm... Did you backup your old EFI folder in EFI partition before reformat it? If so after you copy EFI from OSX partition to EFI partition, copy folder ubuntu from old EFI folder to new one. Clover will auto detect it and you will able to boot Ubuntu. The same step if you want to dual boot with Windows.

I have triple boot with ML, Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.10. It work great!

Yes, thats right. Clover is not being installed to your EFI Partition but to the Partition which runs your OS X System. When you copy your EFI Folder to the EFI Partition I meant to say that, when you try different Boot options (see Point "Add New Boot option") you have to make sure that you pick the only working option by deleting the "old" EFI Folder on your System Partition.

I got Clover to boot ML and triple boot Windows, Ubuntu in my UX32A now. Thank you very much phelics12!

Glad I could help you. How did you boot your Windows install stick? Straight from Bios or via Clover?

I had no luck booting any Windows install stick via Clover, but I'm pretty sure that in order to install Windows on a GPT Disk you have to boot it in UEFI mode..