946 replies to this topic

Diwad

Diwad

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Any luck with u500 to r ux51vz?

I would also like to see some video of mac running on any Zenbook ;-)
Thanks in advance!

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hello there,
I have on ux32vd 10Gb RAM, but ML recognize only 3,25 GB RAM.
How can I make use of fully 10GB RAM on ML?

Thx for your help in advance.

I solved this booting with Clover

Tags: UX32VD Low Ram 10.6 / 10.8, UX32VD Low Memory 10.6 / 10.8

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Is it possible to use the DSDT from your UX31A-Extra folder for my UX32VD? Or will it be incompatible?

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Is it possible to use the DSDT from your UX31A-Extra folder for my UX32VD? Or will it be incompatible?

Most likely incompatible. Use the DSDT of "Thomas2111".

PS: I found a solution for the FN-keys but I don't know how to implement it. Looking for DSDT expert!

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Most likely incompatible. Use the DSDT of "Thomas2111".

PS: I found a solution for the FN-keys but I don't know how to implement it. Looking for DSDT expert!

Alright, thanks. I finally got ML to boot by using Unibe@st 1.4. However, I can't get the bootloader to be installed properly? I've tried using the patched Chameleon bootloader from Thomas21111 and it doesn't seem to work. The BIOS doesn't detect the boot option.

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Hi I'm back
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT POST FOR UX32VD OWNERS, C and P states are working with CHAMELEON, and you'll have your 10 go of ram and your mac will work great, excepted wifi if you don't have changed your card, fn keys and geforce, your trackpad will work great too (beta)
may work for other zenbooks (be carefull, don't touch the ux32VD bios in this case)
Now just folow the steps :)
1 ^BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE V212 BIOS or less near (was working with 211, not with 213) (update here) (winflash on windows ^^" and downgrade if needed )

2 Install Mac OSX ML Method : OSinstall.mpkg + OSINSTALL(MBR) on a MBR mac Os partition
http://www.mediafire...od14fuy7ditaaoo
show hidden files, on the usb you created :
OSInstall.mpkg replace to
/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
OSInstall replace to
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

2b BOOT WITH -X FLAG ! using your usb stick, USE AN USB MOUSE, SHOW HIDDEN FILES
(if you want to install 1.0.8.2 update, its now)
3 ^Install Chameleon Bootloader (next next next)

4 ^Copy Extra Folder at the root of your system disk

5 Delete Geforce.kext & AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from System, library, Extentions
.......................................(^if there is one^)

6 ^Use KextWizard to install the Kexts in System, library, Extentions, REBUILD CACHE
Reboot

to get the scrolling, move a bit the curosr of scrolling speed in trackpad preference pane

7 ^If You have Windows 7 on another partition copy this at the root of your part , give a drive letter to your 100 mb part and delete it (in partition manager)

8 ^If You have Windows 8 on another partition copy this at the root of your part (use linux if you can't boot, to copy)

9 Enjoy
LINK
(URL's removed)

IF NOT WORKING, TELL IT TO ME, SO I CAN REPAIR MY EVENTUAL MISTAKE IN THIS POST

Attached Files

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 08:04 PM.
Removed references and URL's

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

<SNIP>

Can you upload the files to Mediafire?

taney

taney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Hi I'm back
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT POST FOR UX32VD OWNERS, C and P states are working with CHAMELEON, and you'll have your 10 go of ram and your mac will work great, excepted wifi if you don't have changed your card, fn keys and geforce, your trackpad will work great too (beta)
may work for other zenbooks (be carefull, don't touch the ux32VD bios in this case)
Now just folow the steps :)
1 ^BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE V212 BIOS or less near (was working with 211, not with 213) (update here) (winflash on windows ^^" and downgrade if needed )

2 Install Mac OSX ML Method : OSinstall.mpkg + OSINSTALL(MBR) on a partition

2b BOOT WITH -X FLAG ! using your usb stick, USE AN USB MOUSE, SHOW HIDDEN FILES

3 ^Install Chameleon Bootloader (next next next)

4 ^Copy Extra Folder at the root of your system disk

5 Delete Geforce.kext & AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from System, library, Extentions

6 ^Use KextWizard to install the Kexts in System, library, Extentions, REBUILD CACHE
Reboot
7 ^If You have Windows 7 on another partition copy this at the root of your part , give a drive letter to your 100 mb part and delete it (in partition manager)

8 ^If You have Windows 8 on another partition copy this at the root of your part (use linux if you can't boot, to copy)

9 Enjoy
LINK
URL removed

IF NOT WORKING, TELL IT TO ME, SO I CAN REPAIR MY EVENTUAL MISTAKE IN THIS POST

Thank you so much for sharing but it looks like SkyDrive doesn't like us. Can you send them elsewhere?

Thanks again!

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 08:05 PM.
Removed references and URL.

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Hi I'm back

Hey Thomas!
I have everything working except keyboard-backlight & FN-keys.
Did you ever get them to work? If so, can you please post how?

thanks a lot!

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Hey Thomas!
I have everything working except keyboard-backlight & FN-keys.
Did you ever get them to work? If so, can you please post how?

thanks a lot!

I'm sorry i don't kwo how to do yet, but i'll tell it if i done it

Thank you so much for sharing but it looks like SkyDrive doesn't like us. Can you send them elsewhere?

Thanks again!

Can you upload the files to Mediafire?

Done
(URL Removed)

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 03:45 PM.
URL removed, contains references to unsupported software.

spuke

spuke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
This is awesome news! Even the geforce? Wow.. thank you SO MUCH Thomas2111, I'm trying this now, will report my results ;).

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Is there a DSDT GOD that can fix the fn-keys and keyboard backlight on UX32VD?

By reading all the documentation on the issue (even from Linux distros) it seems that the fix lies in properly initializing CADL & DDIL.
References:
https://bbs.archlinu...c.php?id=147804
https://wiki.archlin...ook_Prime_UX31A

I tried many things, but nothing works.

Anyone help pls?

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

This is awesome news! Even the geforce? Wow.. thank you SO MUCH Thomas2111, I'm trying this now, will report my results ;).

i said:
"excepted wifi if you don't have changed your card, fn keys and geforce"
i'm sorry my english may be a little confused

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
If anyone is not willing to swap out their Wifi cards. I would recommend a D-LInk DWA 131, it uses a RTL8192SU chip and works wonderfully on ML (just don't install it while you're in safe boot).

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Guys,

we need to fix the DSDT, c'mon!

Who understands DSDT well here?

Anyone?

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
soon.

note : to get the scrolling, move a bit the curosr of scrolling speed in trackpad preference pane

spuke

spuke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

soon.

note : to get the scrolling, move a bit the curosr of scrolling speed in trackpad preference pane

Hey Thomas2111,

I finally got it up and running thanks to your guide. The only mistake is the name of the kext, which is incorrect: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext doesn't exist in that location. I think it should be AppleACPIPlatform.kext? I deleted that instead and everything seems to work fine so far. Now I'm retrying your guide with the 10.8.2 combo update ;).

Thanks a lot for the great guide!!

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Hey Thomas2111,

I finally got it up and running thanks to your guide. The only mistake is the name of the kext, which is incorrect: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext doesn't exist in that location. I think it should be AppleACPIPlatform.kext? I deleted that instead and everything seems to work fine so far. Now I'm retrying your guide with the 10.8.2 combo update ;).

Thanks a lot for the great guide!!

Thank you =), about this kext, i had one AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext after install, so i deleted it (conflict with elan)
don't delete any other kext

spuke

spuke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Thank you =), about this kext, i had one AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext after install, so i deleted it (conflict with elan)
don't delete any other kext

Deleting the wrong kext didn't cause any problems since it was eventually being overwritten normally in your step number 6 in your guide ;).

I've succesfully also installed 10.8.2 with your guide, though I've found that the performance of the laptop isn't really optimal yet. I've also got a VMWare Mountain Lion install under Windows 8 and I get a Geekbench benchmark score of about 6500 and on my native Mountain Lion install (= result of your guide) I only get about 4500. I've included a side by side comparison of the benchmarks of both systems running on 10.8.2. Any idea what might cause this?

benchmark comparison image (VMWare install vs native install): http://www.mediafire...u5t7bt8bvj7qq3a

It seems the CPU is only being used 50% at full load, as Geekbench states that there seems to only be "one processor", although the i7 is a dualcore of course :). Wrong kexts?

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Deleting the wrong kext didn't cause any problems since it was eventually being overwritten normally in your step number 6 in your guide ;).

I've succesfully also installed 10.8.2 with your guide, though I've found that the performance of the laptop isn't really optimal yet. I've also got a VMWare Mountain Lion install under Windows 8 and I get a Geekbench benchmark score of about 6500 and on my native Mountain Lion install (= result of your guide) I only get about 4500. I've included a side by side comparison of the benchmarks of both systems running on 10.8.2. Any idea what might cause this?

benchmark comparison image (VMWare install vs native install): http://www.mediafire...u5t7bt8bvj7qq3a

It seems the CPU is only being used 50% at full load, as Geekbench states that there seems to only be "one processor", although the i7 is a dualcore of course :). Wrong kexts?

maybe the smbios or x 32 mode div by two the perfs, , i'm trying to get chameleon in 64b

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy