ESXi Virtual Machine Message prompt while booting

reebzor

6 posts in this topic

I have an ESXi 5u1 host running a couple of Mountain Lion VMs and everything works just fine. The small little issue I have is when booting the VM, I get a Virtual Machine Message prompt that says

Your Mac OS guest might run unreliably with more than one virtual core. It is recommended that you power off the virtual machine, and set its number of virtual cores to one before powering it on again. If you continue, your guest might panic and you might lose data.

For the record, my guests all have more than one virtual core and they all run fine. I just hit continue and they come right up.

Is there any way for me to disable this prompt or automatically answer the question? I don't want to have to go into vSphere client just to reboot a machine. Thanks.

post-473945-0-78818900-1348337976_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All the products do this now. I would take the cautious route and stick with 1 vCPU.

Although I was hesitant to do so, because my server requires a bit of power, I downgraded it fro 4 to 1vCPU and performance has INCREASED.

Before, I experienced a very buggy Finder, screen sharing did not work well (kept disconnecting) and the VM was just overall slow (with 4 vCPU and 8GB RAM). I dropped it down to 1vCPU and other than booting, it is flawless.

well... decided i would risk upgrading to ESXi 5.1, all the issues are now gone, can run very well with more than one CPU registered for the VM and on top of that, the autostart issue is also solved for me. Upgrade and re-apply the patch... a great solution.

well... decided i would risk upgrading to ESXi 5.1, all the issues are now gone, can run very well with more than one CPU registered for the VM and on top of that, the autostart issue is also solved for me. Upgrade and re-apply the patch... a great solution.

Awesome, good to know. I upgraded my vCenter this weekend to 5.1 but was too scared to upgrade the host. I will do that in a few days.

Thanks for replying.